Creating a summoning spell by script

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:45 pm

I want to make some MMM creatures sumonable, begun with the "Lich King"

So I looked at the spells that oscuro used to summon his new creatures, I saw he did scripts for that so I copied them, created a new spell identically with the script effect that oscuro used just changin the name of the creature (to LichKingsummon, the one I created for this spell) and the sound.

I dont know anything about scripting btw 8D

scn 2MagicSpawnLichLich; Created: Me [i][Here it said Oscuro][/i]ref		refCasterref 	refNamefloat	alphaBegin ScriptEffectStart	set refCaster to GetSelf	set refName to refCaster.PlaceAtMe [b]LichKingsummon[/b], 1, 64, 0	refName.PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectSummonMythicDawn 3	PlaySound3D [b]NPCWraithAttack[/b]	set Alpha to 1endBegin ScriptEffectUpdate	if refName.GetDead == 1	return	endif;	if refName.GetDead == 1;		if GetDisabled == 0;			refName.PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectSummonMythicDawn 3;			refName.SetRestrained 1;				if Alpha > 0;					set Alpha to ( Alpha - GetSecondsPassed );					refName.saa Alpha;				else;					refName.Disable;				endif;		else;			return;		endif;	endifendBegin ScriptEffectFinish	if refName.GetIsCreature		refName.Kill	else	return	endif;	refName.PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectSummonMythicDawn 3;	refName.SetRestrained 1;	if Alpha > 0;		set Alpha to ( Alpha - GetSecondsPassed );		refName.saa Alpha;	else;		refName.Disable;	endifend

I saved the script but when I tryed to make the spell it didn't appear in the list! (It does appear in the normal script list, but not in the "script effect spell" one D:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3131/summoninglich.jpg

Sorry for my bad english

If you help me I'll share my mod!

I'll do a staff that summons Lich King and place it inside some hard dungeon... yeah I'm making a mod that adds things to Fcom/OOO (already made a lot of the named NPC more unique and stronger, making them wear fran's and ooo items (and usually better ones than original) and made some special new weapons using FCOM meshes ^^)
Maeva

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:06 am

In the script window, in the upper right corner, there's a little box. Change it from Object to Magic Effect.

Beyond that, it should be mentioned that this spell effect will only work if the base creature exists within the .esp which contains the spell script. If you are loading both the MMM.esp with your mod as the active, your spell will not work. Everything must exist in your mod, or your spell must exist within the MMM mod. You won't get an error stating this, but it won't work in game and may cause a crash.

Additionally, you should NEVER start an editor ID with numbers. You should instead use a UNIQUE 3-4 letter prefix for all forms that you define. Although this might mean a bit more digging through the lists, eventually you will know where to look automatically. You can also jump to any letter within all lists by pressing a key while the list is being scrolled through.
Juan Suarez

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:16 pm

In the script window, in the upper right corner, there's a little box. Change it from Object to Magic Effect.

Ohhh thanks!

Beyond that, it should be mentioned that this spell effect will only work if the base creature exists within the .esp which contains the spell script. If you are loading both the MMM.esp with your mod as the active, your spell will not work. Everything must exist in your mod, or your spell must exist within the MMM mod. You won't get an error stating this, but it won't work in game and may cause a crash.

Well I have MMM and OOO as masters, I created a NEW creature copying everything that the Lich King had originally with of course different ID and faction (I used horse faction lol, oscuro used that one too in his new summonings and I'm learning from his stuff)

Additionally, you should NEVER start an editor ID with numbers. You should instead use a UNIQUE 3-4 letter prefix for all forms that you define. Although this might mean a bit more digging through the lists, eventually you will know where to look automatically. You can also jump to any letter within all lists by pressing a key while the list is being scrolled through.

Ok, but all oscuro's summoning scripts start like this "2MagicSpawn"
mishionary

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Ok I tested my mod an the spell doesen't work!

Here's what I did:

1- New mod file with OOO and MMM as masters, no MMM.esp

2- I make new Lich King with pretty much the same stats than the orgininal for the "summoning", changing the faction to PC friendly one, ading the model and sound and everything I guess.

3- Made a script (the one in the first post) copying Oscuro's summoning ones as an object effect

4 - Made a new staff with Armamentarium model with the script effect I had done before for the Lich King

I put the staff in an ayleid ruin to test, I go there and grab the staff (with the correct model and stuff, that worked) but it doesen't do anything, I can't "attack" with it as it doesen't say it has any effects in teh description, you know like the "unfinished staff" from the mage's guild.

Some screenshoots:

The Script (you can see it in the 1st post)
The Staff http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3839/lichstaff.png
The Lich, I created this one IN my mod http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4946/thelich.png
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Eh... can someone help me please?

I found this maybe I could use that scripts http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1065790&hl=

Help me xD

Like a complete guide of "how to create a summoning spell for a MMM creature" or "How to make a staff that summons creatures (from MMM)"
Danny Warner

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:50 am

I found this

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Scripting_Tutorial:_Summoned_Creatures

I tried it with the damn lich and it does nothig... The staff appears like if it didn't had any effects in it.

The spell says "script effect 30 seconds" (Like it should) but the lich doesent appear anywhere when I cast it!!

Great! now I cant play it crashes when I launch the game everytime...
Tryed reinstalling it and removing every mod but nothing, now I'm uninstalling it for the second time it's weird that fallout 3 which has better graphics and more requeriments runs so well compared to oblivion.
Ben sutton

Return to IV - Oblivion