Creature Merchants?

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Hey guys,

I am just getting back into modding after not having done so in quite a long time.

I had a quick question about the apparent differences between NPCs and Creatures. There does not appear to be a way to begin dialogue or barter with a creature. Thus far I have created an imp with an "OnActivate" script block, and can get it to do things like send messages and open message boxes when clicked. However, all my attempts to either begin a dialogue or open a merchant window have failed.

Is there any way to do this? Are there any mods which have done this that I could check out?

Thank you!
james tait

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:13 am

Very short version: Have the creature activate an invisible NPC placed where the creature is.
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:57 am

Very short version: Have the creature activate an invisible NPC placed where the creature is.

Yeah, I had considered that. If that is the best solution, I will try that then. Thank you!

I can't believe they would put such arbitrary hard-coded limits on creatures; making things like goblin and imp merchants simply impossible without absurd workarounds! :shakehead:
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:02 am

Slightly longer version: Talkie Toaster's varied skeletons and creature outfit with must equip script.
Steph

Return to IV - Oblivion