Crysis 2 Competitive Players

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Are any of the people who have played the demo and/or are playing the full retail game when it comes out plan on playing this game competitively.

If anybody plays on Gamebattles, I am attempting to get a ladder up there. Support the thread to get a competitive ladder on the website please.

Gamebattles Offical Crysis 2 Ladder Request Thread:
http://gamebattles.com/forums/t/Official-Crysis-2-Ladder-Request-Thread-4196604

If you are planning or wanting to play competitive on a 4v4 team or what have you, feel free to msg me or send me a f/r on xbox at G/T: GrindouT.

Also if you are wanting to do this add your name to the list of people so other can see you. Thanks

Competitive Players
1. GrindouT
Natasha Biss

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:57 pm

Gt: reminD Y2J
An Lor

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:54 am

Sweet... Guess not many people wanna play competitively it seems
Josh Trembly

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Hey you might remember me from the MLG forums. I'm looking to play this for fun, but still with competitive people. Day one I'll be there! :) Add me GT: i 4 glory i

I saw in that GB thread you know Type-Z so that's good :) I didn't know Fula was from Germany though I was shocked ahah decent play from him in QAA considering his ping then.

I only got to play 1 day of this demo before it closed I was pissed :P
Lauren Dale

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Hey you might remember me from the MLG forums. I'm looking to play this for fun, but still with competitive people. Day one I'll be there! :) Add me GT: i 4 glory i

I saw in that GB thread you know Type-Z so that's good :) I didn't know Fula was from Germany though I was shocked ahah decent play from him in QAA considering his ping then.

I only got to play 1 day of this demo before it closed I was pissed :P

Yea I played for Type Z on transformers and other games. Known a few of them for years. I just never got into QAA like I had hoped.
Ashley Tamen

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 am

Not playing competitively on a console...that is like racing unicycles instead of motorcycles...just doesn't make sense to me.
Dalia

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Not playing competitively on a console...that is like racing unicycles instead of motorcycles...just doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry but not all of us can play on a PC. Don't gotta be rude. This is for people who are playing competitively on Console. So don't even need to post.
e.Double

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:42 pm

why 4v4 and not 6v6? not much of a stretch and the game was made for 6v6. honestly consoles lag too much for serious competitive play, but have fun.
FLYBOYLEAK

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:24 am

why 4v4 and not 6v6? not much of a stretch and the game was made for 6v6. honestly consoles lag too much for serious competitive play, but have fun.

People can play 6v6, but most competitive teams play 4v4 on console.. dunno why.. just do.

Consoles lag somewhat but not in good hosts.. they don't meet up to PC's but it is still solid. Also, I hate clicking a mouse to kill someone, like I played UT on PC and I feel like I am actually doing something with stick.. and mouse click just felt like nothing if that makes sense. It is just my opinion. I think this game will be great on PC just don't know where you all play competitively through.. like waht league or site or what? lol
I love YOu

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 am

I'm sorry... I wasn't intending to be rude, but it wasn't really clarified in the title or post. I know this sounds elitist and I am sorry for this as well, but competitive console gaming just seems like high school baseball when compared to pc competitive gaming which would be more like the minor leagues. And once again I'm sorry for that but that is just how I see it.

I'm the opposite I guess as far as preference...for fps and rts i gotta have mouse and keyboard. The limitations of the thumbsticks ruin precision aiming when you are accustomed to a mouse. However, I will concede that thumbsticks offer superior controls for many other games.

My other beef is with the dreadfully low button count (in crysis wars I think I have 42 buttons that I use fairly regularly). It forces devs to get rid of important gameplay options like prone or even an entire suit mode :(.

So don't take it personally that some of us are slightly irritated by the inclusion of consoles to c2. Because it is difficult to give up certain things in game play that you are accustomed to, but to console gamers it isn't a big deal because you don't know what you are missing.

As far as pc gaming is concerned, crysis wars competitive players take part in esl http://www.esl.eu/eu/crysiswars/ . However, this is primarily a European league as most players on this side of the pond have moved on or just don't compete because there aren't enough of us. There are several other leagues like twl or even clanwars that are more US oriented, but who knows whether or not anyone will be interested in starting a league (and this is assuming competitive players stick with c2 because most of them are not liking the "streamlined" and slowed down approach to c2 multiplayer when compared to the incredibly free and open experience offered in c1 and cwars (at least from what I can tell).
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm the opposite I guess as far as preference...for fps and rts i gotta have mouse and keyboard. The limitations of the thumbsticks ruin precision aiming when you are accustomed to a mouse. However, I will concede that thumbsticks offer superior controls for many other games.

My other beef is with the dreadfully low button count (in crysis wars I think I have 42 buttons that I use fairly regularly). It forces devs to get rid of important gameplay options like prone or even an entire suit mode :(.

So don't take it personally that some of us are slightly irritated by the inclusion of consoles to c2. Because it is difficult to give up certain things in game play that you are accustomed to, but to console gamers it isn't a big deal because you don't know what you are missing.

I understand the mouse and keyboard.. I loved the precision aiming it gave, which felt too easy to me at times, that is why I play console now, cuz I think it is hard to aim compared to a pc. Now the 42 button things.. that is crazy that you do that.. I love the amount of things to you can do, but that seems like a crazy WAY TOO much amount of buttons to use.

The major thing is that Crysis was a PC game.. taht is why people are mad.. if it was made for both then the issue would even be around. I am glad prone is not it in, because prone feels cheap to me.. (though it is a realistic thing to do).

I just hope the game is great, because I didn't even really know much about it until the demo was out on xbox. I am a huge competitive gamer so a new title hopefully will be fun.
Vivien

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:04 am

perphaps too much buttons, that why they removed lean, prone, firemode toggle, also why reward skill? lets make that the people who camp more unlock the best armor and weapons
Erin S

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:18 am

I will hopefully be playing this game competitively, but I'm pretty sure I wont be travelling for tournaments/LAN.

XBL: Oohwayy - Rank 30
Mashystar

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:08 am

Saying that Crysis 2 can only be played competitivly on PC is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard...

It might be easier to organise than on consoles, but still...
courtnay

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:11 am

ad crazy-fisherman if you want to
tannis

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:46 am

comp crysis 2, good one!

OH WAIT YOU ARE SERIOUS, LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER.
Sun of Sammy

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 am

Hey,

I am interested in playin Crysis 2 competitively, I'm pretty decent. Currently 11th in the world on Xbox demo. I live in the UK.

Send me an invite to 'TwistedBuddha X'
Pixie

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:29 pm

I dont really see the point of "competitive" console gaming. Consolers play competitive with things like killstreaks, perks, etc enabled and dont have access to balance mods. Almost all "competitive" console gaming is public ladder stuff like MLG that every 12 year old wannabe Youtube montage maker signs up for. The kind of people who use nicknames like SiikSc0p3z and Imbapwner.

MLG isnt any more competitive than joining some random lobby and stomping some randoms.
W E I R D

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:54 am

This game is already looking to be another casual game with no hope of being competitive (like Black Ops and Halo:Reach). Unfortunately...
Nichola Haynes

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:27 am

Classic case of gamer elitism.

One day they'll realise that the skills they hold so highly mean nothing outside of their game room.
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:45 pm

I definitly am going to play competitively.
Xbox GT: CTK Evanescent
Tom

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:49 am

To OP

Hey man i read ur original post too lazy to read all this pc v console ****. But if ur playing on pc I will be playing competively as well hit me up

HighOrbit
Rudi Carter

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:36 am

I'm hoping this game has some tournaments at Quakecon.

PC GT: diese1
Erich Lendermon

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:26 pm

add me

GT: NS gimme
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:37 am

GrindouT wtf man we need to be running together I got 2 or 3 other guys looking to play competitive. we talked on the forums after the beta and nothing happened. I've played Mortify and he was good. So maybe we can work something out?
Kirsty Collins

Next

Return to Crysis