My Crysis FeedBack (Forums

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:14 am

I like the over all layout of the new forums.

In a previous thread Laz0r explained that the new layout is very creative design that needs organizing.

With organization in mind we dont need a page full of boxes representing threads, it may look nice but eye candy isn't everything.

*Pros:
- Reason why I like the box threads is because I get to view the thread's first post of the OP without actually linking myself to a new page just to view it. It creates less hassle and easy surfing.
- To make sure your page isn't overwhelm by text it, the boxes only activate via Mouse Overs.

*Cons
- The Boxes take too much space, I'm on a 1080p monitor and I'm getting about 16 Boxes on my screen, I'm lenient though so it does not bother. The dark are in the box isn't needed.
- It only shows the first post, it's nice to see the original root post but a thread that has a lot of attention can change dramatically with arguments and debate.

*Ideas
You can have the same layout but with Less boxes;

- Have the first 8 threads which are *HOT* (meaning these threads are getting a lot of attention) display the new creative design of the Box Design. Like the old Forums the ones getting replied to the most always jumps to the front of the list to be viewed.
- Instead of the Boxes showing the first Post, show the new reply, but keep the red Title.
- Every thread after the first 8 Boxes should be all links like the old forums (If you can, make them mouse over also like the first 8 boxes with a little change that are smaller in height and longer in width to support enough text so the reader/surfer can understand the text that'll be awesome.

*Other Thoughts
- Where is the search function? Without it there will be mush more people asking the same questions. We have run into users before who have failed to use it, however for those who do use it, it does take away from the unnecessary thread counts.
- Pages, it's nice that we can surf without having us link to a new page. The highest thread replies I've ran into was 24 replies and it was all on one page. All you had to do was scroll down and read. However replies will start to add up and it will take much more to load when you're going back to the page or even refreshing it.
Shirley BEltran

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Very good and constructive feedback there - i agree with just about all of the points. Lets just hope it gets listened to.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Also, someone else mentioned no edit buttons.

And it seems that the forums doesn't like the [Enter] hey. Double [Enter] with spacing but if you press it once it doesn't quite work the way you want it.
BaNK.RoLL

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 pm

wow all good points and great ideas i to hope crytek reads this
Brad Johnson

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:14 pm

I wish crytek would at least talk to us about any of our criticisms!
SUck MYdIck

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:04 pm

pros:
-I like the new layout and the new colors...
-you got rid of unneccessary buttons and the sounds like in the old MC flash Menu
-the flash menu is faster than in the old MC website
-very interesting Dev Diaries which give a lot of sight into developing and the amount of work that's going into it.

cons:
...although the red is too saturated, too much contrast makes it too hard to read it
-the forums lack overview (few subforums, big black boxes)
-no edit function
-not enough profile options
-site still not as fast as I'd like it to be
-When I try to add some additional text to the 'pros', whilst having other text under it ('cons'), as soon as I filled one line, it'll jump to the last line instead of the next one.
Jennifer May

Return to Crysis