Crysis 3 Install

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:26 am

I'm about to install C3, in fact, I began the process and then backed out just after the Origin install where the create account window pops up. I then restored an Acronis image created earlier that day.

I have to say that I'm a bit leary of letting Origin run all the time, etc. If I remember correctly, I refused the origin install when I installed Crysis 2, but that doesn't seem to be an option with C3.

I am installing from the Retail DVD.

1. Is Origin installation mandatory for C3?

2. If so, can I disable it after the install, or is it necessary to run the game? I do intend on playing MP.

3. Any other surprises arising from the C3 installation?

4. Should I use the same name & pw I'm using for the forums and C2 MP?

Thanks.
Cody Banks

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:38 am

I'm about to install C3, in fact, I began the process and then backed out just after the Origin install where the create account window pops up. I then restored an Acronis image created earlier that day.

I have to say that I'm a bit leary of letting Origin run all the time, etc. If I remember correctly, I refused the origin install when I installed Crysis 2, but that doesn't seem to be an option with C3.

I am installing from the Retail DVD.

1. Is Origin installation mandatory for C3?

2. If so, can I disable it after the install, or is it necessary to run the game? I do intend on playing MP.

3. Any other surprises arising from the C3 installation?

4. Should I use the same name & pw I'm using for the forums and C2 MP?

Thanks.

yes it is..

origin is necessary to trolling ea customers :/
uninstalling origin you will lose all your games !! cos it somehow connected installation with all games, dare you ea.
Georgia Fullalove

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:44 pm

1) EA is Crytek's publisher for this game. Two years ago that didn't mean much, but now it means "Origin-exclusive or GTFO".

2) Origin is necessary, if you uninstall it then C3 simply won't work. Disabling/exiting it after starting C3 won't work either, it will exit/crash the game.
Only pirates can offer you the service of separating C3 from Origin (but then you won't get to play the broken multiplayer). Oh also I am required to tell you that piracy is BAD, don't do it man.

3) Shouldn't be any surprises after installation, for most players it's smooth sailing.

4) Up to you. Just remember that you need to log into your Origin account to launch the game, you also use that same account to log into multiplayer. All components of this game are tied to your Origin ID. If that account gets banned/suspended/whatever,you won't be able to play any of your Origin games.
Emma Parkinson

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks for your responses. I guess DRM is similar to gun control...penalizes the good guys and not much else (except control the masses...).

Is Origin phoning in when I'm not playing the game?

XuviaI, thanks for the details. No plans to be banned, but maybe it's best to set up a separate account for C3.

Again, thanks.
James Hate

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Origin will start up on system startup if you want it to. I really have no issues with it. After a year and a half of BF3, Origin is just second nature to me, and I have the same feelings towards both Origin and Steam. It's not the total failure it was two years ago when it first launched.
Aka: Origin is fine, let it be.
Milad Hajipour

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks for the info, ThatHawxGuy. The install went fine and I've played a few games now.

200 servers, no waiting. Is the Lost Island DLC worthwhile, or is no one playing those servers either?
Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Origin is pretty nice actually, it has improved a lot. The Lost Island DLC seems worth it, but I have not downloaded it yet.
Killer McCracken

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:29 am

Origin is pretty nice actually, it has improved a lot. The Lost Island DLC seems worth it, but I have not downloaded it yet.

Origin is better than I expected. I think I'll remove it from starting at logon though...no need to have established ports when I'm not using it.

Thanks to all.
Jennifer May

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Almost nobody plays the DLC maps, they are beautiful but empty. And you can disable Origin "lauch at system start" and open it only when you play. That's what I do.
cassy

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:52 am

Almost nobody plays the DLC maps, they are beautiful but empty. And you can disable Origin "lauch at system start" and open it only when you play. That's what I do.

Thanks. That's what I've been doing.

But what is the deal w/C3? There just doesn't seem to be much interest in it. Also, I haven't given it much time, but so far, I like C2 better. I haven't found C3 to be buggy or anything, I just think I like the game-play in C2 better.

Are all the posters here playing C3 regularly?

What else are y'all playing?
JR Cash

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Well, I have not made a definitive switch, but for the last few weeks I've played nothing but Battlefield 3...TEAM DEATHMATCH on Nashahr Canols HAR HAR for weeks and weeks 24/7 nashar canols!

But since BF3 will be dead very soon cuz of BF4, I'd rather still play it to catch up on the 2 years that I have not played it.
Anna Beattie

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:05 pm

But since BF3 will be dead very soon cuz of BF4, I'd rather still play it to catch up on the 2 years that I have not played it.

That's where I'm at with Crysis 2. I just enjoy playing it. But I have been pondering BF3 (the premium PC [CD] addition with the DLC maps can be had for $35-$40).

Given BF3's popularity, I'm betting that the servers will still have players for some time after BF4 is out. Don't know if there's a lot of cheaters in BF3 atm, but if so, they may all jump ship to BF4. I've always been the 'off season' type anyway. It's often a different (better IMO) experience.
Sammie LM

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:19 pm

You could've bought just Battlefield 3(no DLC) from the Humble Bundle for 5 dollars, including Crysis 2 Maximum Edition.

As for cheaters, there are a few here and there.

But...when the BF4 beta was running, I could barely find a Conquest server with more than 32 players, let alone 64 Conquest...most servers were empty.

Better hurry.
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:49 pm

Given BF3's popularity, I'm betting that the servers will still have players for some time after BF4 is out. Don't know if there's a lot of cheaters in BF3 atm, but if so, they may all jump ship to BF4. I've always been the 'off season' type anyway. It's often a different (better IMO) experience.

I'm an "off season" type, too, but with single player games, I'm playing Metro 2033 now, and I have Batman: Arkham City and Deus Ex: Human Revolution in my list.

As for MP games, I started playing BF3 last week, I don't see any reason to buy BF4 unless BF3 servers are empty. And I have not yet abandoned Crysis 3.
Jack Bryan

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Better hurry.

What will be will be. BF4 is supposed to release at the end of this month. I'll let the dust settle a bit (and perhaps the BF3 price) and see what happens. Hopefully, BF3 will retain a core amount of players just there to enjoy gaming.

I started playing BF3 last week, I don't see any reason to buy BF4 unless BF3 servers are empty. And I have not yet abandoned Crysis 3.

I'm right there with you. As far as Crysis 3, I still haven't 'caught the fever', but I intend to give it a chance, although the servers are strangely empty.

Truth is (atm), I prefer C2. It has the distinction of being my first MP and, having put in the time to gain a bit of gameplay consistency, I find it more comfortable (and enjoyable).
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:08 am

Truth is (atm), I prefer C2. It has the distinction of being my first MP and, having put in the time to gain a bit of gameplay consistency, I find it more comfortable (and enjoyable).

First MP game for me, too :) But my friends play C3, so when I want to play Crysis MP, I go to C3.
Shirley BEltran

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:43 pm

...so when I want to play Crysis MP, I go to C3.

After giving it a bit more time, I'm feeling better about C3. I guess gaining a little rank and familiarity with the game goes a long way. It's a bit gimmicky at times, though.
Brooks Hardison

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:57 pm

But...when the BF4 beta was running, I could barely find a Conquest server with more than 32 players, let alone 64 Conquest...most servers were empty.

Better hurry.

You serious? Basically every single Conquest server in Australia was full for the first 5 days or so.
Lewis Morel

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:40 am

Well, I did pull the trigger on BF3 Premium. Couldn't resist $28 shipped. It's installed and running without any issues. I've played it a few times. My first session must have left a whole lot of P.O.'ed people in my wake. If I left any of you at the base when I took off in the jeep, my sincerest apologies.

This morning, I decided to find an empty server for flight training. I was able to play around and get used to flying a Hornet for about an hour. Nice. It reminds me a bit of the old Jane's military simulators (perhaps I've dated myself...).

That said, I am growing more attached to C3.

BF3 seems OK, but there's just nothing that relieves stress like running up to someone and shooting them in the face. :-o
Lauren Graves

Return to Crysis