In crysis 2 our character will be able to go prone?

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:03 pm

In Crysis 2 will our characters be able to go prone?
Philip Rua

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:00 am

WTF?
i guess its prone
lol
Mike Plumley

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:19 pm

but i hope we can grovel
C-:
Alisha Clarke

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Sorry my english is very bad, i don't know the correct translation, but yes i was talking about prone
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:39 am

pc version - i assume he can because it was in crysis and the amount of buttons on a keyboard hasn't changed. console version - haven't seen it and a lot of console games spare the feature for lack of buttons...
but maybe the pc version doesn't get it either because the balancing is done for all platforms simultaneously.
Cagla Cali

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:07 am

I think there is prone...I can see why Crytek might remove it though. :(
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:32 am

I think there is prone...I can see why Crytek might remove it though. :(

Why would they remove it, it kept things a bit stealthier.
JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 am

although some people say Prone isn't really useful, it isn't in games like Half life 2, Team Fortress 2 or Call of Duty, since those games are aimed to run and shoot like Crysis, but the Prone on Crysis is usefull when combined with Cloak mode, with it you can hide on a small bush, so tanks, helis and other players won't see you, apart from that prone is also used to improve accuracy and that can be annoying when used with rifles, they get sniper accuracy! if they add prone, I hope they fix this issue
Kill Bill

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:47 am

hope they do add prone i used it in crysis alot
City Swagga

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Was'nt he always able to prone
Ebou Suso

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:17 am

They could go for the CoD MW2 style of prone, tap for crouch/hold for prone
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:14 pm

They could go for the CoD MW2 style of prone, tap for crouch/hold for prone

Makes more sense, plus its about time for specialized prone anyway.
JD FROM HELL

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Yes, Crytek have removed prone from Crysis 2 because of their own secret purposes.
Beth Belcher

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:40 am

Who would want to go prone in a nanosuit anyway?
Czar Kahchi

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:37 am

Yeah, what gives with that?
Naughty not Nice

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:54 am

Yeah, what gives with that?

Hmmm.. Who would want to do something so simple as laying down to avoid enemy fire?

Rediculous, right!?

/sarcasm

Laying down has to be the most fundamental advantage somebody can do in combat. You lower your thermal image, less of your body is in view, and not only that, your weapon gets better accuracy and handling characteristics!

Nanosuit or no Nanosuit, prone is one of the most fundamental things a soldier is trained to do under heavy combat, or in any tactical advantage allowing prone.

Have any of you developers fired a weapon in prone under simulated combat envoronments? My brother was in the U.S. Marines, I don't care whether or not he had some magical body armor stopping 3 bullets, he would lay down under fire to achieve a better advantage and prevent a multi million dollar piece of equipment from being damaged.

Just because you have some magical body armor doesn't mean you can disregard the most fundamental rule about self preservation under fire, and the better handling characteristics your weapon will have.

I can't believe how short sighted the developers are being about something fundamental in a game like prone!

Because we all know, firing a Barrett .50 Cal in a standing or crouched position gives you amazing accuracy... -_-
Sami Blackburn

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:47 pm

Aside from all of the fundamental points you raised about protection, accuracy and profile, let's come back to the gaming world where the most important aspect of removing the ability to prone is that it has its gameplay advantages to more than one person.

BC2 was the one to bite the big-time bullet with no prone and it paid off favourably. DICE removed prone based on the notion that they didn't want to see half the team perched up on the top of a mountain sniping from the prone position. They wanted to see people on their feet, down in the action and it worked! People are always moving in BC2 and even if it's a sniper at the back of the map on top of a mountain, he's still strafing left and right, avoiding fire from the other team's sniper. It entices people to keep moving whereas prone does the complete opposite. Prone can be removed from all games imo, unless they're slow-paced military sims like Arma.

Also, take a look at the glitches like "dolphin diving" from the Battlefield series that it prevents. Stand to crouch is a limited movement for both hitboxes and model animation. Stand to prone is a far bigger movement and with that, can result in glitches and model->hitboxes sync lag. Sure, that's part and parcel of good coding but with the advantages no prone brings, why bother fixing something that's broken?
Ricky Rayner

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:07 am

Alright, mixing reality and gaming ethics to fix glitches got it.
dav

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:29 am

BC2 was the one to bite the big-time bullet with no prone and it paid off favourably. DICE removed prone based on the notion that they didn't want to see half the team perched up on the top of a mountain sniping from the prone position. They wanted to see people on their feet, down in the action and it worked! People are always moving in BC2 and even if it's a sniper at the back of the map on top of a mountain, he's still strafing left and right, avoiding fire from the other team's sniper. It entices people to keep moving whereas prone does the complete opposite. Prone can be removed from all games imo, unless they're slow-paced military sims like Arma.

so true, i play bc2 and there are still a lot of campers, if they could go prone then it would be unplayable
also i remember when i played mw2 at a friends house, half of the times i got killed it was by someone in prone at some dark corner
but in crysis wars it works good, most of the time if u just go prone u will be killed far more easy than if u run around in speed
Alyce Argabright

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:28 pm

so true, i play bc2 and there are still a lot of campers, if they could go prone then it would be unplayable
also i remember when i played mw2 at a friends house, half of the times i got killed it was by someone in prone at some dark corner
but in crysis wars it works good, most of the time if u just go prone u will be killed far more easy than if u run around in speed
Kinda ironic way of putting it, but yes.
Matthew Barrows

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:36 pm

So because of snipers there is no prone?

That is rather short sighted. Instead of removing a basic feature, why dont you make it harder to snipe in the first place? Add some bullet drop over long distance and wind affecting the bullet over distance, with a hold-breath function.

Proning works great to avoid snipers as well as it is great to snipe in prone.

Would you call Crysis Wars a slow game because it has prone in it? Its one of the fastest games I've ever played. In fact, Bad Company 2 is one of the slowest I have played despite there being no prone!

Why remove features that were not complained about before?

This kind of lazy non sensical developing is why so many people shy away from new games. If it ain't broke don't fix it, please!

Your sniper argument is that no proning will reduce it, yet Crysis 2 has freaking thermal vision and proximity alarms. Not to mention cloak mode.

Go go snipers!

Cloak ---> Thermal image --> Normal ---> Shoot ---> Repeat...

Not having prone is rediculous. I didn't know that a multi million dollar Nanosuit can fall 10 stories, do fist punches from above, yet it can't do something as simple as laying down..

Crouching allows for just as much camping as prone does! In fact, Bad Company 2 has an insane amount of snipers and camping. Having no prone does not equal less camping or sniping. It's been proven by Bad Company 2. Its just a way to get a more accurate shot off and to get under cover during a firefight.

Camping in Crysis Wars with prone? I've never heard of any problem like that.
Steve Fallon

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:28 pm

imo the less cloak noobs camping in prone the better
although i do think more options in gameplay is better than less and sometimes it can be useful, the thing is, with the new kind of gameplay, probably ppl in prone would be much harder to get than in c1 or cw
Philip Rua

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:57 am

imo the less cloak noobs camping in prone the better
although i do think more options in gameplay is better than less and sometimes it can be useful, the thing is, with the new kind of gameplay, probably ppl in prone would be much harder to get than in c1 or cw

Cloak noobs are no problem after a while... it's like an rts, certain tactics only work in one level of play.
Racheal Robertson

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:16 pm

This is simply a game design choice, not a practical one. Instead of making multiple changes to other features, the decision was made to remove prone from the game.
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:21 am

This is simply a game design choice, not a practical one. Instead of making multiple changes to other features, the decision was made to remove prone from the game.
Surreal. and curious?
:)Colleenn

Next

Return to Crysis