Crysis 2 severe lag

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:04 am

Hi all, I haven't played in quite a while and trying to get back into it but after a few seconds my game drops to 1-2 FPS and is unplayable. My laptop is several years old but played Crysis 2 before with no issues. I've installed all the updates and tried VSync on/off, windowed, various resolutions, but nothing seems to help. I've also tried with just the laptop monitor and the external display disconnected, external mouse/keyboad/XBox 360 controller disconnected but still not luck. Rig is a G72GX w/ 1 GB 260M, 2.53G Core 2 Duo, and 6G ram. I don't have anything running except normal Windows processes and a couple cloud storage (Box and Dropbox), everything else is drivers or Norton (which very well may be the culprit). I'm using the GeForce 340.52 driver and as far as I know all other system drivers are up to date. I'm using Asus Turbo Gear Extreme and I've tried with the CPU running at regular clock cycles and overclocked 15%, this did not help but when I used to play I always had it at 15% overclock. Exhaust fan does not appear to be blowing any warmer than while performing normal tasks.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as what to try next? Thank you

Edit: I should not that during the startup sequence for the game FRAPS is showing 60 FPS and then 34-38 for the first 15-25 seconds. It then suddenly drops to the 1-2 FPS. Thanks
Darlene DIllow

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:22 am

Try reinstalling windows, it could help. On my old PC, and it wasnt the greatest one, when C2 started to lag, i reinstalled windows and it helped me. I suggest you reinstall it every year, just to get rid of some things that you dont even know thats in your PC. If you havent done that in a while then i suggest you to reinstall it when you have time.
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 am

Try reinstalling windows, it could help. On my old PC, and it wasnt the greatest one, when C2 started to lag, i reinstalled windows and it helped me. I suggest you reinstall it every year, just to get rid of some things that you dont even know thats in your PC. If you havent done that in a while then i suggest you to reinstall it when you have time.

Yeah, I've been needing to do that anyway just haven't had the time. Thanks!
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:26 am

I suggest you reinstall it every year, just to get rid of some things that you dont even know thats in your PC. If you havent done that in a while then i suggest you to reinstall it when you have time....????

------------------------------------------
Our Actual Exams and testking gre exam provide 70-331 free brain dumps marks in Aruba paced test engine to help you pass wikipedia latest resource Harvard University dumps exam by using Lynn University
DAVId Bryant

Return to Crysis