CTD due to mods

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 pm

NOTE: This post has been edit due to its previous information being obsolete.

I am constantly crashing or freezing whenever I try to pick a lock. I am able to duplicate this every time so far.

Here is my new load order...

Fallout3.esmAnchorage.esmThePitt.esmFakePatch_v1.4.0.6.esmCRAFT.esmCALIBR.esmFOOK.esmFWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esmMart's Mutant Mod.esmUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.espFOOK.espFOOK - Anchorage.espFOOK - The Pitt.espFOOK - Owned!.espFOOK - Tougher Enemies.espFOOK - No Requirements for Miniguns, Gatlings, 20mm Flak.espFOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.espFWE_00_QUEST.espFWE_01_COMBAT.espFWE_02_COMBAT_II.espFWE_03_CHARACTER.espFWE_04_CHARACTER_II.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.espFWE_06_SPAWNS.espFWE_07_IMMERSION.espFWE_08_FEATURES.espFWE_09_OPT_lessviewdistance.espFWE_09_OPT_VATS_Fast_50.espFWE_09_OPT_Bypass Module.espFWE Compatibility - FOOK.espWeaponModKits.espWeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.espMart's Mutant Mod.espMart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.espMart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.espMart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.espMart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.espMart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.espCRAFT - Activation Perk.espCALIBR Ammo Schematics - CRAFT.espFellout-Full.espAnother Pip-Boy Light.espCentered 3P Cam.espTL_Color.espNPC Height Randomizer Less Variance.espPreformance Overhaul.espWeight Overhaul.espRealPhysicsNoCarExplosions.espKillableKidsNormalHealth.espBottle Overhaul.espPortableMattress.espEcho_BatteryCharger.espHouseholdWaterPurifier.espTenpenny Overhaul.espTalonStandardIssueFinal.espEcho_UseBothGloves.espEasier_hacking_5_8.espImproved Turret Reprogramming.espKTs_SpeedSquad.espPhalanx-Obedient-Dogmeat.espbltc.espWSG Improved.espWastelandMastery.espRRR+ANCH+PITT 1.0.espSlower Levelling - slower - LITE.espMaxLevelWorkaround-HP.espMutant perks for Mart's Mutant Mod v1.5.espTotal active plugins: 71Total plugins: 71

Note, do I have any duplicate or unnecessary mods installed that FWE or FOOK already have etc.?
x a million...

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:07 am

OBSOLETE
Keeley Stevens

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:23 am

Lemme guess, you disabled a mod that added a perk recently?.
Craig Martin

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:22 am

Lemme guess, you disabled a mod that added a perk recently?.

Nope, not at all. I actually figured it out with some help from Attentater5. FEW requires you start your game over. LOL! I'm a noob! Sorry for the thread >.<
Charles Weber

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Repeating current information from first post...

I am constantly crashing or freezing whenever I try to pick a lock. I am able to duplicate this every time so far.

Here is my new load order...

Fallout3.esmAnchorage.esmThePitt.esmFakePatch_v1.4.0.6.esmCRAFT.esmCALIBR.esmFOOK.esmFWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esmMart's Mutant Mod.esmUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.espFOOK.espFOOK - Anchorage.espFOOK - The Pitt.espFOOK - Owned!.espFOOK - Tougher Enemies.espFOOK - No Requirements for Miniguns, Gatlings, 20mm Flak.espFOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.espFWE_00_QUEST.espFWE_01_COMBAT.espFWE_02_COMBAT_II.espFWE_03_CHARACTER.espFWE_04_CHARACTER_II.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.espFWE_06_SPAWNS.espFWE_07_IMMERSION.espFWE_08_FEATURES.espFWE_09_OPT_lessviewdistance.espFWE_09_OPT_VATS_Fast_50.espFWE_09_OPT_Bypass Module.espFWE Compatibility - FOOK.espWeaponModKits.espWeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.espMart's Mutant Mod.espMart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.espMart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.espMart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.espMart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.espMart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.espCRAFT - Activation Perk.espCALIBR Ammo Schematics - CRAFT.espFellout-Full.espAnother Pip-Boy Light.espCentered 3P Cam.espTL_Color.espNPC Height Randomizer Less Variance.espPreformance Overhaul.espWeight Overhaul.espRealPhysicsNoCarExplosions.espKillableKidsNormalHealth.espBottle Overhaul.espPortableMattress.espEcho_BatteryCharger.espHouseholdWaterPurifier.espTenpenny Overhaul.espTalonStandardIssueFinal.espEcho_UseBothGloves.espEasier_hacking_5_8.espImproved Turret Reprogramming.espKTs_SpeedSquad.espPhalanx-Obedient-Dogmeat.espbltc.espWSG Improved.espWastelandMastery.espRRR+ANCH+PITT 1.0.espSlower Levelling - slower - LITE.espMaxLevelWorkaround-HP.espMutant perks for Mart's Mutant Mod v1.5.espTotal active plugins: 71Total plugins: 71

Note, do I have any duplicate or unnecessary mods installed that FWE or FOOK already have etc.?
TWITTER.COM

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:39 am

I posted a fix, that helps some people (helped me). Might help you too.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=976231&hl=
Scott

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:27 am

I posted a fix, that helps some people (helped me). Might help you too.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=976231&hl=

OK, I'll try it. But I think the lockpick thing is mod related. But if this helps with random crashing I'm all for it!

Note, I have SO many .net frameworks installed. Is it OK to uninstall all of them before installing the newest one? It doesn't need any of the older ones does it?
Stacyia

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:31 am

The C++ can be found in your Add/Remove Programs panel. I personally use CCleaner to remove things because I hate the "Populating List" message that comes up and delays the actual list from displaying.
evelina c

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:07 am

Where do I find that visual C++ redistrubitables 2005 to uninstall? Also do I just go to add/remove programs for the .net framework?

both are found in add/remove programs. And you may or may not have .net framework listed, I didn't even have it installed. Afterward you can use CCleaner if you don't have it already, which cleans out some of the registry left behind from uninstalled programs.
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 am

both are found in add/remove programs. And you may or may not have .net framework listed, I didn't even have it installed. Afterward you can use CCleaner if you don't have it already, which cleans out some of the registry left behind from uninstalled programs.

As mentioned in my previous post I found them but now I'm confused as to whether I can uninstall all the frameworks listed before installing the new one?

EDIT: Well I uninstalled all the Frameworks it would allow me to and now I am going to install the new one. I also uninstalled the C++ redistributable and got the newest 2008 version.
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:46 am

UPDATE: Games for Windows LIVE disabler broke my game >.< Now I can't even get to the main menu. As soon as I launch the game it CTD's before ever getting to any screen. I hit re-enable but it still CTD's now! I think it may have something to do with the Fake Patch and my game being patched to the 1.0.0.15 patch. I believe Games for Windows Live disabler is version dependent when disabling/enabling. Anyone know how to fix this issue lol? I think I just keep making things worse!

Note, I'm sure if I get this resolved I will still have the lockpick issue to deal with.
GabiiE Liiziiouz

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 am

check if you're not missing a master file. Crash on game open is normally that.
Amanda savory

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:52 pm

check if you're not missing a master file. Crash on game open is normally that.

Not missing any masters. It was working fine minus the lockpicking issue until I used the Games for Windows Live disabler.
Chloe Mayo

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:28 am

Not missing any masters. It was working fine minus the lockpicking issue until I used the Games for Windows Live disabler.

Well I did a complete uninstall/reinstall and the game still immediately crashes when I launch it.
Lizzie

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:57 am

Go into your saved games folder (Username - My Games - Fallout 3 I think) and move everything in that folder to a tempory folder. Worked for me in Oblivion, could help you.
Oceavision

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Go into your saved games folder (Username - My Games - Fallout 3 I think) and move everything in that folder to a tempory folder. Worked for me in Oblivion, could help you.

I think I see the issue. For some reason when I merged some files it added some Masters that had nothing to do with them. I removed them and it can't find them so TG was right. I'm trying to clean masters hoping it would remove these unnecessary masters but it does nothing.

Also FO3 edit states the following when loading...

[00:22] Background Loader: Error: record LVLI contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord LVLI 494C564C
[00:22] Background Loader: Error: record LVLI contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord 00200000
[00:22] Background Loader: Error: record LVLI contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord ?– 0002968D
[00:22] Background Loader: Error: record LVLI contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord 000F0000

Not sure if this could cause the lockpick issue or what it even means. I think it's gotta be a mod issue.
Gavin Roberts

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:10 pm

I think you broke them on the merging process ^_^
jeremey wisor

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:43 am

I think you broke them on the merging process ^_^

Yeah, I'll try just loading the mods without being merged and see if that helps at all.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:23 am

I still get the error from my previous post when in FO3 Edit. After loading just the mods separately I still crash when trying to lockpick.
Daniel Brown

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:25 pm

you tried replacing the lockpicking meshes?
liz barnes

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:04 am

you tried replacing the lockpicking meshes?

No, I haven't that's a good idea I'll try that.
Jani Eayon

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:51 pm

I cannot for the life of me find any lockpick meshes. Where are they located? I don't see any Bobbypins either.
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 pm

The lockpicking meshes aren't tied to the pins, if i recall correctly, they're amongst miscellaneous, or near movable static. Right next to the scope meshes (not the outside meshes, the ones you get when you aim).
Jah Allen

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:51 pm

The lockpicking meshes aren't tied to the pins, if i recall correctly, they're amongst miscellaneous, or near movable static. Right next to the scope meshes (not the outside meshes, the ones you get when you aim).

OK, what folder are they in? I can't find any miscellaneous folder either. I don't think there is anything altering the meshes from what I can tell so I'm unsure how to replace the meshes now >.<
Joanne

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:50 am

Closed by request.
chloe hampson

Return to Fallout 3