Curing Serana from vampirism

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:21 am

So, I've finished the Dawnguard questline, following the Dawnguard side but at that point when you ask her about her vampirism I was unnaware that you could cure her in the future and ended up messing up the chance by picking the wrong dialog option.

Now if I ask her if she ever considered getting cured, all options will lead to her refusing. Is there a way to fix this without loading another save and losing a LOT of gameplay hours ?
Scott

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 pm

From what I know, she always refuses to be cured regardless of what has happened or what you've said to her.
Terry

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 am

She accepts it if during the dialog after she comes to Fort Dawnguard for the first time you pick "How has it affected you family" and "Are you alright", but at the time I wasn't aware of this and chose the wrong anwsers.
how solid

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 am

it's more a cosmetic thing though. Like changes her eyes. She can still turn you into a vampire and stuff and uses vampiric drain and everything.
And still can't be married xD

But uh, no. There shouldn't be any way of getting that option back.

I've read too many unsolved complaints to think otherwise at the moment, regarding this subject.

Many people have done it before.
Maddy Paul

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Turning her back to human have tactical advantages aswell. She will be a liability when you use undead-killing skills such as Auriel's bow and the new undead killing spells in the resto school. Also you can only cast heals on her when she is human, whereas she will resist any healing when she is undead.
Bloomer

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:37 am

well there is always the necro healing xD
Nathan Barker

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 pm

I cured her on my WW character, she completely lost her spark, she becomes a generic NPC who still complains about the weather after shes cured.

Keep her as a Vampire, I switched her out for Aela the huntress. =D
suniti

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:55 am

I spoke to Serana about getting cured, then worried a bit because she disappeared for (what seemed) a long time...
Seeing her again in the Dawnguard castle when she eventually reappeared was a happy moment!
Now I have her dressed in Light Dragon boots/gauntlets/helm, plus Forsworn armor heheh - pure eye-candy.
Sure she's not very sneaky ("Did you hear something?" whoo boy, here we go...)
But I still adore her.
Even though last thing I need is an indestructible follower, since I'm uber-powerful myself.
Anyway, my Serana has definitely not "lost her spark"...
Regards
Chenae Butler

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 am

I can't bring myself to cure her. I see it as a selfish thing to ask of her seeing what she went through to become a Daughter of Coldharbour.
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 pm

The only downside apart from the horrid looking eyes, is that you lose the ability to have a second follower. (xbox) I have been caring around both Serana and Aela for a long time. If Serana gets cured, she won't allow a second follower...

so I kept her as a vamp. I like the company....
Dawn Farrell

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:53 am

I wouldn't cure her becuase then she'll have finite years.
Killer McCracken

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 pm

I can't bring myself to cure her. I see it as a selfish thing to ask of her seeing what she went through to become a Daughter of Coldharbour.
I wouldn't cure her becuase then she'll have finite years.

Pretty much this. We're talking about asking a 3,000+ year old being to sacrifice it's immortality, all for your own selfish wants. A being that could exist for aeons long after the Dovahkiin is nothing more than a pile of gravedust within a decrepit, forgotten crypt. Even the Dovahkiin would be nothing more than "just another chapter" in the long existence of such a being. The Dragonborn is nothing more than a fleeting, passing whimsy, not the focus or even highlight of her existence.
Plus, if you've listened to Seranna's comments about certain areas when you're exploring with her, it's pretty apparent that you're travelling with a being of immense age. Especially when she starts talking about the Dwemer. Seranna has first hand knowledge of an age practically lost to historians, which modern scholars can only guess about. Something so ancient, deserves respect.
Mark Hepworth

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:28 am

It is possible for her to cure her vampirism, but Bethesda made it horrible.

If you bring up the "cure" dialogue before the DLC ends, then she will refuse both times. You have to wait to bring it up until after the DLC :confused:
Taylah Haines

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

It is possible for her to cure her vampirism, but Bethesda made it horrible.

If you bring up the "cure" dialogue before the DLC ends, then she will refuse both times. You have to wait to bring it up until after the DLC :confused:
I never understood why Bethesda decided to do this. It is only natural for many players to exhaust all dialog options, because if you're not, then you are missing out on content and possibly information.
Wanda Maximoff

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:00 am

Pretty much this. We're talking about asking a 3,000+ year old being to sacrifice it's immortality, all for your own selfish wants. A being that could exist for aeons long after the Dovahkiin is nothing more than a pile of gravedust within a decrepit, forgotten crypt. Even the Dovahkiin would be nothing more than "just another chapter" in the long existence of such a being. The Dragonborn is nothing more than a fleeting, passing whimsy, not the focus or even highlight of her existence.
Plus, if you've listened to Seranna's comments about certain areas when you're exploring with her, it's pretty apparent that you're travelling with a being of immense age. Especially when she starts talking about the Dwemer. Seranna has first hand knowledge of an age practically lost to historians, which modern scholars can only guess about. Something so ancient, deserves respect.
Idk, with how Serana acts towards the Dragonborn I could see when she thinks the Dragonborn is dying she'd force Vampirism onto him/her to save the Dragonborns life since shes so infatuated with your character. =D

How the Dragonborn would feel about being forced into being a Vampire if he/she doesn't willingly want it, who knows?
Sarah Knight

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 am

Basically how I see it. And plus she seems to like being a vampire so why cure her?
Solène We

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 am

I never understood why Bethesda decided to do this.

Because most of their story-lines have no logic.
Jon O

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:42 am

Make up your mind, fanbase: do you actually want dialogue where what you say matters or not?
Yonah

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Make up your mind, fanbase: do you actually want dialogue where what you say matters or not?

In an idea world, it should be possible to have both.
x a million...

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm

It's not that. It's the fact that exhausting dialogue options to better know the character in Serana's case is equivalent to getting the finger from Bethesda. I loved the DLC, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't have any flaws. This is one of the most apparent ones.
GabiiE Liiziiouz

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 am

I'm not a fan of human Serana. Her eyes are weird.

Also, pretty much what Muggy Gingy said. I grew up on RPGs, so exhausting all dialogue options is pretty much second-nature to me. It's what you're supposed to do. In Dawnguard, ask her too soon, and, bam! No more human Serana (although as I said, I'm not a fan anyway).

There's dialogue, I click it. That's what it's there for.
Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Idk, with how Serana acts towards the Dragonborn I could see when she thinks the Dragonborn is dying she'd force Vampirism onto him/her to save the Dragonborns life since shes so infatuated with your character. =D

How the Dragonborn would feel about being forced into being a Vampire if he/she doesn't willingly want it, who knows?

Falion is the solution, but I actually think that it is very easy to cure/become vampirism, in fact with Serana as a follower you could become and get cured of vampirism every day.

As the game puts it (and Serana especially) it's a major change to become undead but ingame it's easier and cheaper to get cured of vampirism (the most expensive option is to buy falion's black soul gem (IIRC 467 gold)) than to change haircut (1000 gold).
Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:03 am

IIRC, breaking the cure early on isn't really part of exhausting the dialogue tree, but choosing an option. If you chose the option which made her uncurable, then you'd forego the option which kept her curable. I could be wrong, but the only reason I didn't break the cure (and I always exhaust the dialogue tree) was because the other option seemed more appropriate - something like "how do you feel?". When the conversation ended after that I didn't think anymore about it.
Lyd

Return to V - Skyrim