Custom meshes not selectable in GECK?

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:32 pm

I've tried searching for someone else with a similar issue but to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing some crucial step in the meshing procedure, but I really have no idea why this is happening.

After exporting the .nifs from Blender, I load them into the GECK but can't seem to be able to select or move them in the render window (unless I grab them along with another object). The objects also have no collision, though I know I added it in blender. I've also found when I make a static collection with the objects they're both selectable AND have collision, though obviously that isn't ideal.

I am almost certain that it's something to do with Nifskope - I've installed it, and I've loaded then exported my meshes through it, but I'm sure I'm missing a stage here. Anyone have any advice or links to tutorials?

Thanks in advance

Claire

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 am

I'll pass you on to the link here as reference http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender

You need to make sure that you have the proper BSX flags set related to whatever object you what. Best bet is to copy and paste from an equivalent vanilla mesh (or at least check the values).

Colision depends on what you want, if you want Mopp or convex shapes.

Anna Beattie

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:51 am

have you tried refreshing the render window (F5) ?

how are you getting collision on your mesh? Do you have at least a Diffuse and Normal map connected correctly?

Have you tried updating the tangent space in nifskope?

another, likely, possibility is you exported your mesh without it being centered to the world / grid. If the center or bhkrigidbody is not centered, you can have alot of problems selecting it. Can you select the mesh through the Cell Window in your interior? highlight the reference in the Cell Window then highlight the render window again and see if you can move it around.

Stephanie Nieves

Post » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:52 am

Thanks for your help guys, turned out I hadn't set the meshes to BSFadeNode in Nifskope.

Spencey!

Return to Fallout: New Vegas