Daggerfall has encountered an internal error

Post » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:56 am

I posted this in the daggerfall released thread, but I probably should have made my own...

I've been getting the error:

"Daggerfall has encountered an internal error at 0.
The error reported was: Code: 215 not found in
Exiting...

WARNING: We recommend that you reboot your machine now. When Daggerfall terminates improperly it occasionally corrupts other programs and data currently running in memory.

Please press Reboot or Continue now."

It pops up after clicking new game and selecting a province (or clicking on load game and clicking on a blank box). I installed the game using the cd because it was taking a really long time to download. I followed the instructions that had been included with the download and everything is working fine until I get to that point.

I also patched the game by downloading the patch, placing it in the c:\dagger directory and running it from there. Not sure if that is important info, but I thought I'd mention it (because maybe that was the wrong way to do it?).

I was looking on google for the error and I've seen some older posts talking about it, but there wasn't any solution to the problem that I could find. Anyone know how to fix it?
Jamie Lee

Post » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:00 pm

I've also just tried following the instructions linked at the top of the page. There were quite a few things I hadn't done and differed from the download instructions. Doing all of that though still didn't change the error.

Just reinstalled the game and followed the stickied post to the letter and I'm still getting the error in the same place, but instead of Code: 215, it says Code: 216.

If I run the game using Fall.exe Z.cfg instead of dagger, I get the error with Code: 210.
Angela

Post » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:46 pm

It seems changing the midi sound to MPU instead of Sound Blaster 16 has fixed the issue... for now. I can get past where I was stuck before. I'll post back if it changes. :)
Charlie Ramsden

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion