Dark Alliance III.....Please!!!

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:31 pm

gamesas, Black Isl. studios and Snow Blind, please give us another DA!!!!! For those of us out here (and there are millions) who still enjoy playing a game with friends in an off-line co-op, we are chomping at the bits for a new DA on the PS3. There has yet to be anything close to the DA series released for the PS3. I bought a new PS3 only because our PS2 died on us after years of playing DA, DA2, CON ans RTA. Now that we have a PS3, we have nothing to play on it and are looking to buy a used PS2 just to start a new DA2 game. So please, I BEG you, start the ball rolling and let us know you intend to do so to put our minds at ease. I can wait for it in if knew it was coming. But this searching online every other day for word of a game like this is getting old (as am I), quick!!!
clelia vega

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:21 pm

I'll happily add my voice to this cause, bringing our plea to a resounding two. The Baldur's Gate computer game series reached its natural conclusion but DAII cries out for a sequel. OK, wrapping up story lines isn't exactly gamesas's primary concern but I for one would pay good money for a DAIII. :) I'd imagine it might even be possible to do even if Atari still holds the Baldur's Gate name since (spoiler alert)

the end of DA2 suggests the next chapter would play out in Mulhorrand. But then I'm just a poor confused gamer hoping to be able to save the Realms yet again. I'll simply use this post to appeal for a continuation of this glorious franchise. 'Rest assured the world will know that Hapdazar Doomwing was a man of his word.' -Kharne, DAII
Gwen

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Maybe a DA3 if gamesas manages to start making some serious money. Dev costs for the PS3 are the highest out there. They would be better off doing Dark Alliance Chronicals as a downloadble PSN/Live/WiiWare content than a full blown disc game. That way they don't need to fork over distribution costs for retail store shelves :)
Andrea Pratt

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:46 am

I just wanted to add that I really liked these games mainly because they were a co-op RPG. Nice balance. Definitely fun games. Please make a third one! But not before PV13 :D
SWagg KId

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:00 am

Dark Alliance is the best game ever made....... I hope DAIII comes....... I WOULD PAY FOR THIS GAME a good money... cause it′s the best.... PLEASE PLEASE gamesas... we need DA 3
xemmybx

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 am

I would love to see another Dark Alliance made. I know that the last one took over 100,000 man hours to make (eep) but the game was more than worth it in my opinion. I worry that they will try to make it for the PS3, which, although it would be wonderful to look at, I am not sure is really worth it. It would be just as good for the PS2 like the last one. Doing this might cut costs and man hours down enough that it might be more of a viable option, but still, as far as I can determine, there has been no word from gamesas that they are working on either *sigh*. I really do hope they do create another one, as there really is nothing like this out there there. I love the pc games, but the ps2 games are still well worth purchasing and have given me many hours of enjoyment both on my own, or with friends playing.
leigh stewart

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:14 pm

I will also add to this cause.

It took over 100,000 man hrs to make DA2, thats the same amount of hours I've played it. No game out comes close to the unique graphics and game play DA has. I would pay $100 for DA3, and purchase all downloadable content for it, twice. MAKE THE GAME FOOLS!!!!!
Hairul Hafis

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Ahem, I think what my enthusiastic fellow gamer means to say is that if gamesas chooses to invest in another Dark Alliance game a dedicated fan base will be standing by to help the venture turn a profit. The loss of the Baldur's Gate name would certainly pose challenges to the development of a DAIII, but if anyone could pull off a worthy sequel regardless I would place my trust in it being gamesas.

That said, whatever you do don't run out of money again! We love you guys! 'Rest assured the world will know that Hapdazar Doomwing was a man of his word.' -Kharne, DAII
Kerri Lee

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:37 pm

I love both BGDA I and II, I still play DA II to this day, and I would immediately march right out and buy a PS3 if I hear official word that BGDAIII is being made.

Make it happen, guys.
Kelsey Hall

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 pm

I love you gamesas......

that help?
Becky Palmer

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 am

hahahahaha!
:lol:

i love this thread!
i am so glad to see other people so adamantly dedicated to one of the greatest games ever.
my brother and i have logged so many hours into this game, we play it every time we can muster up a good couple of hours. And it never gets boring!

Does anyone else here play through extreme mode with a level one character? because i've been doing that for awhile now, just because the game is so satisfying.

Dark Alliance three would be awesome if even if the game just had new classes and hardly an noticeable dungeons. Just playing through the game and having so many ways to develop a character is fun enough!

please make this game!
Anna Beattie

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:48 pm

PLEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSEE!!!!!!

DARK ALLIANCE 3
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:01 am

Baldurs gate 3 for the PS3 would be good, but i'd still definately buy it if it was realised on PS2. I dont think the PS2 is dead yet. I dont mind playing it on an older platform as i still play PS1 games from time to time :P. If the reason behind no work on a 3rd is because more money needs to built up to pay the costs of developing it on PS3, or that it would take more time to make the game for the PS3, then i agree with Scribe that making it for the PS2 would be a good move. People still buy PS2 games and developers are still putting new games onto the PS2, as you can see from looking at the new realeases and reviews on Gamespot.

perhaps gamesas are focussing on moving old games onto the wii, and Earthworm Jim 4 to make some money to use for bigger games such as DA3 would be. But some input as to whats happening concerning DA3 from someone who works for gamesas would be very nice.
Tanika O'Connell

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm with you all as well, I just finished BG:1 for the upteenth time with the wifey. These are the only types of games she will play and we keep going thru BG1&2 & Champions of Norrath over and over again. Btw the Champions game for the PS3 is ass in case anyone was wondering. :P

gamesas, if you build it...we will come.

For those of you fans out there waiting for something in the mean time check out http://www.sacred2.com/landingpage/index_en.html. This one is already out on the PC but is due to hit XBox 360 and PS3 march 24 according to gamestop. While it didn't ring up a huge metacritic score everyone basically said its the best game to be released in its genre (RPG hack and slash) in a long time.

Hope this tides you all over until either DA3 hits or Diablo 3 is released on consoles. =)
k a t e

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:45 pm

"Btw the Champions game for the PS3 is ass in case anyone was wondering. :P"

I don.t follow....what did you mean by this?
Kerri Lee

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:32 pm

I was wrong in my previous statement...I was thinking about the Champions of Norrath games on the PS2 which were excellent! What I meant to say was Untold Legends Dark Kingdom for the PS3 was ass. It had totally uninspired level designs, only 3 characters (classes) which was a big step backwards from the Norrath games and the camera was horrendous often, times you would not even be able to see your character or if you were being attacked. EGM gave it a 47 and Eurogamer gave it a 40...it had a 58 overall from metacritic.com.

As I mentioned previously the only thing close on the horizon to any BG games is Sacred 2 which is why it is highly anticipated...at least by me. I'm currently going thru Too Human on the 360 and it pales in comparison to the BG games as well...
LittleMiss

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:35 pm

I would like to see Dark Alliance 3 myself i'm just a big fan of the last two! These DA Videogame Arm Patches arnt helping my addiction to the games!!
Natalie Taylor

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:02 am

Well I am not sure what version of the PS3 you have but, DA2 works fine on my 60 gig system. My husband and I are playing it right now. If you get the free compatability download from PNS it may work for you to. :)
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:23 am

Too late...I forked out the 40 bux and bought a PS2. We just started DA1 after years of playing through the others....(CON, RTA, DA2.) I have to say, after playing all of them DA1 is by far the best of the bunch in my opinion. The story keeps you engaged, the leveling takes longer and makes it harder to battle, and the over all rules and how the work in the game are just better. We can't put our finger on just one thing about this game, but we both agree this game kicks butt!!! It only makes the frustration for a new game grow.
Cat

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 am

Yep, got to agree with all the posts. DA!! is the only game I keep going back to play, Really got my money's worth. I use XBOX 360 so the old DA I will not work any more but DA II does, and I have been scanning all the websites for ages for news. I would even buy a PS2/3 just for that game if they did not release it for the XBOX!!!!

Just got to hope someone gives us some real hope soon as it drives me mad.
Euan

Return to Othor Games