Dark Brotherhood Assassin won't visit me...

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:38 am

I have recently created a new game. I was planning on starting Tribunal, but for some reason, whenever I sleep, no matter where or how long, the Dark Brotherhood Assassin won't visit me. I had another character just yesterday that had the Assassin come to them, so why won't it come to my new game? Is there any console commands or anything else I can use to get the assassin to come?
Also, while I was sleeping I had a message about masked figures above me. What is this? Because I checked to see if it was relate with a disease, but I have none.
Sorry if in wrong section
Pat RiMsey

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 pm

I have recently created a new game. I was planning on starting Tribunal, but for some reason, whenever I sleep, no matter where or how long, the Dark Brotherhood Assassin won't visit me. I had another character just yesterday that had the Assassin come to them, so why won't it come to my new game? Is there any console commands or anything else I can use to get the assassin to come?
Also, while I was sleeping I had a message about masked figures above me. What is this? Because I checked to see if it was relate with a disease, but I have none.
Sorry if in wrong section

The first visit is random. Usually it will be early but I've had it come as late as level 9 (just once, fortunately).

The message sounds like the one you get after you start the MQ.
Shelby Huffman

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:38 am

Check data files. If Tribunal box isn't checked, check it. Otherwise he might just attack you later on, that's it.

Surely you are on PC?

Yeah, the latter message shows that you've at least spoken to Caius. You'll keep getting these. :)
Bek Rideout

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:40 am

I sent my assassins on a holiday :tongue:

The Masked Figures dream is part of the Morrowind main quest, I think that might be conflicting with the assassin visiting you. I could be wrong though :shrug:
Rachyroo

Return to III - Morrowind