Dawnguard Background Stories?

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Anybody else thinking up any roleplay backrounds unique to the story of Dawngaurd?

I created a new character called Velan Roscius. An Imperial who's primarily an alchemist and learns the danger of the Volkhair through readings. He not a hardend-killer.

I just wrote this up and didn't read over it again, I just wanted to type up a sort of backstory. I might write more regarding his training and subsequent adventures before diving into Dawngaurd depend on feedback.

Velan became firm and stiff as he entered Dushnikh Yal, consumed with the thought and possibility that the orcs here would see through his guise. That he would be discharged violently if he slipped up and the orcs realized he wasn’t a warrior at all. Burguk approached immediately and began the size up process.
“What do you hope to gain from us, Imperial?” A question asked as if Burguk already knew that the question would fall flat on the now trembling Velan.
Velan spoke. “I only seek guidance in the way of the blade. I am neither Imperialist or Stormcloak.”
The trembling faded as Velan realized the importance of this moment. Burguk noticed his change in posture.
“Your people are renowned for their killing power with the blade. What I hope to gain from you and your people, Chief Barguk, is training in the way of the blade.”
Burguk didn’t know what to make of this Imperial.
“Why do you seek training, boy? You say you are neither a Stormcloak nor a member of the Imperial Army, so what do you fight for? You are no bandit. You lack their desperate, terrified, rage consumed eyes. Why should I train you?”
The tribe was half-listening at this point, still attacking their wooden dummies and tending to their potions, but doing so in a light way, so they could hear their chief speak with the young Imperial. With this question, Velan felt a wave of heat in his abdomen. This heat created a wave of hot air that traveled from his stomach out through his mouth.
“Soon, Skyrim will face a new danger - a danger outweighing this petty civil war being fought between a buffon-puppet and a power-hungry poet. An infectious danger. Not an infection of ideas or principles, but an infection of the blood. An infection of brain rot and blood-hunger. An infection that can’t be stopped in Imperial courtrooms or Stormcloak encampments, or shouted away by the Greybeards of High Hrothgar. This infection will be a snake, and unless men stand up to confront the beast and severe its head from its body, this snake will slither across the land, crushing and squeezing all mortal life away as it goes.”
The camp was fully focused on Velan now.
“This tremendous snake is the rising power of the Volkihar. A vampire clan, capable of transforming into beasts the likes of which Skyrim has never seen.” He threw caution to the wind. “I am by no means a warrior, Barguk, but what I am, is a man who has suffered great loss at the hands of these soulless creatures. A man who needs an experienced hand to provide him with understanding, so that when the time comes, he can rise up and destroy this fiend, severe the head from the body. I come here in search of a mentor, an experienced hand to guide mine in preparation. What say you, Chief Balgruk?”
Balgruk paused, transfixed on the eyes of this Imperial who he saw almost no potential in moments ago. He felt as if this Imperial had enough fire in his heart to grasp the art of killing. He looked around the camp quickly for delicate shows of support, and then returned his gaze to Velan.
“I will train you, boy, to defeat this beast you speak of. You will stay here in the camp until your training is complete, and I will be your trainer. But if I will be the one to train you, you must understand the way an orc learns to wield a blade. You must understand certain things.”
Velan spoked with half-relief. “You say you will train me, Chief Balgruk, and for that I thank you, but what must I understand?”

Chief Burguk spoke in a kind of welcomed discharge; as if he had released an understanding about the art of killing that he had kept locked away for centuries, buried under the belief that the ideas were exclusively his, and common to no one.
“ You must train your wielding arm in a way that it becomes incapable of moving independently from your blade. You must move and twist your blade as you move your own limb, and move your limb as if it had the killing power of tempered steel. “
He realized he had been gazing skyward, and jerked his attention to Velan.
“Your grip on the hilt must become more than a grip, but a flesh-steel composite that connects the whole space from your shoulder to the tip of the blade. You must become so connected with the blade, and fully incorporate it into your technique that you would fear death by blood loss if the blade was shattered. The arm must become the blade. The blade must become the arm. This will be the first part of your training. Complete assimilation of your weapon into your natural movements and rhythms. The Volkihar of legend will not tolerate anything less. You will know you are complete in your sword training when you come to the point where, if attacked during sleep, the blade awakens before your body and strikes down your would-be-killer before you have enough sense to open your eyes and lift your head from your pillow. Then, you will be ready to remove this beast from Skyrim.”
jess hughes

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:08 am

I would really like to be a mage as I went through the Vamp side of the DLC but I will wait until "Hearthfire", where it is rumored to be a magic overhaul, to play a magic character again.
Stephani Silva

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 pm

probably a mental dunmer vampire lord
Michelle davies

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:11 pm

I like that story. An Imperial with an Orcish skill.

My Role is a Vampire Politician. Ventana wants to topple the government in Skyrim and replace it with her own, utilizing the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild, and her own faction of the Blades. She has tainted the mind of Ulfric Stormcloak. He now serves her needs. The Stormcloaks think they serve Skyrim, but they truly serve the Vampires.

Right now, Ventana only has enough power to control one person. She seeks out the powerful vampire clans from which she was made to increase her Vampiric skills. When she is strong enough, she will fulfill her role as the ruler of Skyrim, and extend her Vampiric reign to the rest of the world.
Matt Gammond

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Soren Crow-Eye
Male, Nord, Witchhunter

Soren was just a little boy living in Markarth when Ulfric Stormcloak attacked the city and killed his parents in the process (his mother was a Reachwoman and his father a wealthy Nord trader). The boy Soren was sent to Cyrodil to live with his uncles family. His uncle was a priest of Arkay (god of life and death) and was a member of the Knights of the Circle (militant arm of Arkay''s priesthood devoted to stamping out necromancy and the undead). As Soren grew he squired for the Knights and attend them on some of their adventures. When the time came for Soren to join the order as a full member, he refused on he grounds that he had heard of the Civil War in Skyrim and he felt the need to go to the land of his birth and fight against the man who was responsible for the death of his parents 20 years ago.

Soren has returned to Skyrim to fight against he Stormcloaks and to determine what path in life that Arkay would have him walk.

Soren is devoted to Arkay and will always visit the Hall of the Dead in each city he is in to pay his respect to Arkay and receive his blessing. He is a proficient Witchhunter and will seek to stamp out necromancers and other fell magics when he comes across them.
megan gleeson

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Riden Ulvena
Male, Dark Elf

He's one who hungers for the ability to lead his family to glory and be a good "big brother" figure to his Dark Brothers and Sisters. Riden as a child has a very positive view on vampirism, his parents being just like any other parents. Not abusive, a bit more strict than other parents, but overall regular folk. They were also vampires. His father also lead the Ulvena family to become the chief war family of Mournhold with his vampiric abilities.

Riden's thoughts about vampirism reawakened after forming a big brother - little sister bond with her. He also wants to become the best herbalist in Tamriel and being a vampire means he can study herbalism well beyond a normal Elf's lifetime.
Amanda savory

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Soren Crow-Eye
Male, Nord, Witchhunter

Soren was just a little boy living in Markarth when Ulfric Stormcloak attacked the city and killed his parents in the process (his mother was a Reachwoman and his father a wealthy Nord trader). The boy Soren was sent to Cyrodil to live with his uncles family. His uncle was a priest of Arkay (god of life and death) and was a member of the Knights of the Circle (militant arm of Arkay''s priesthood devoted to stamping out necromancy and the undead). As Soren grew he squired for the Knights and attend them on some of their adventures. When the time came for Soren to join the order as a full member, he refused on he grounds that he had heard of the Civil War in Skyrim and he felt the need to go to the land of his birth and fight against the man who was responsible for the death of his parents 20 years ago.

Soren has returned to Skyrim to fight against he Stormcloaks and to determine what path in life that Arkay would have him walk.

Soren is devoted to Arkay and will always visit the Hall of the Dead in each city he is in to pay his respect to Arkay and receive his blessing. He is a proficient Witchhunter and will seek to stamp out necromancers and other fell magics when he comes across them.
I love the idea of a witch hunter, and your backstory is great.
Lauren Graves

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:35 pm

my guy is an altmer mage that came to skyrim to increase his power. he was always aware of vamirisms presence there but thought of it as a weakness more than a strength. that is until he hears rumors of these vampire 'lords' and decides that he needs to look into
roxanna matoorah

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:07 pm

my guy is an altmer mage that came to skyrim to increase his power. he was always aware of vamirisms presence there but thought of it as a weakness more than a strength. that is until he hears rumors of these vampire 'lords' and decides that he needs to look into
This is what I'm doing with my altmer mage.
Luis Reyma

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:12 pm

my newest is a dunmer spellsword who has worn out his welcome in Cyrodiil. Distraught over the state of his people and their dying culture throughout Tamriel he embarks upon a pilgrimage to the great shrine of Azura in Skyrim and then to Windhelm where he has heard that some of his people have settled.

As he crosses the border into Skyrim he is taken captive by the legion after stumbling near what appeared to be a small battle between humans. They take him to a town called Helgen where they sentenced him to death after accusing him of being in league with the Nord rebels. After a dragon attack disrupts the carrying out of his sentence he flees the decimated village and heads east through the mountains towards Windhelm.

As he makes his way through the mountain pass he encounters a friendly hunter who warns him of a great snow storm approaching from the east. Unwilling to turn back towards Helgen for fear of both the legion and the dragon he ignores the hunter's warning and presses on until the storm forces him to take shelter in a cave known as Haemar's Shame. In that dark and cold place his life is altered forever...
Sista Sila

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 pm

My main is a Dunmer battle-mage, who by utilizing the powers of the Heart of Lorkhan, before its destruction by his hands, became an imortal being who guided the dunmer people into prosperity in the years following the fulfillment of the prophecy and before the beginning of the Oblivion crisis. Before the crisis had begun he was sent to prison for reasons unknown, where he accompanied by members of the blades and Emperor Uriel Septim escaped only to have the emperor face assassination at the hands of the Mythic Dawn. In the months after the assassination he aided the cities throughout Cyrodiil in order to muster a force large enough to end the crisis, and once it was finally over the man once known as Nerevarine went into hiding after returning to Morrowind.

200 years after the Oblivion crisis the Nerevarine crossed into Skyrim at the southernmost border, where unintentionally he was caught during an ambush meant to catch Ulfric Stormcloak and his rebel forces. After nearly facing execution by an Imperial headsman and an ancient dragon Nerevar now known as Bal Ur found a small settlement close to the city of Whiterun where dragons had been seen flying in the area. After reaching Whiterun, Ur was contacted by a secret organization known as the Circle of Blood who knew of his curse and could help in controlling it. After meeting with the circle, Ur was taught how to control the beast within him, a beast that was first unleashed during the era of the Bloodmoon Prophecy. Ur then discovered that he contained the dragon blood, which was considered a blessing by Akatosh for great service in history, or passed down in a families bloodline. With the dragons blood Ur had the ability to learn the Thu'um, which he used to defeat Alduin firstborn of Akatosh, in the realm of Sovngarde.

After returning to Mundus, Ur heard rumors of a powerful vampire clan know as Volkihar ,lead by Vampire Lord Harkon, amassing great power in the northern reaches of Skyrim, in order to quell this threat Ur sought out the ancient organization known as the Dawnguard in order to aid in their fight against him, however the the influence of his inner darkness sparked his curiosity into how the Volkihar have amassed such great power... the answer to this curiosity could only be sated one way, by betraying all he had worked for in the centuries he had lived just to join those who call the darkness their own.
tegan fiamengo

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:47 am

Simply put my character was good but then slowly fell into evil and became a puppet for the daedric princes. But then through events(don't feel like going into detail) she becomes good again and has to prove herself by stopping the Volkihar. Yep.
sally coker

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 am

My main is a Dunmer battle-mage, who by utilizing the powers of the Heart of Lorkhan, before its destruction by his hands, became an imortal being who guided the dunmer people into prosperity in the years following the fulfillment of the prophecy and before the beginning of the Oblivion crisis. Before the crisis had begun he was sent to prison for reasons unknown, where he accompanied by members of the blades and Emperor Uriel Septim escaped only to have the emperor face assassination at the hands of the Mythic Dawn. In the months after the assassination he aided the cities throughout Cyrodiil in order to muster a force large enough to end the crisis, and once it was finally over the man once known as Nerevarine went into hiding after returning to Morrowind.

200 years after the Oblivion crisis the Nerevarine crossed into Skyrim at the southernmost border, where unintentionally he was caught during an ambush meant to catch Ulfric Stormcloak and his rebel forces. After nearly facing execution by an Imperial headsman and an ancient dragon Nerevar now known as Bal Ur found a small settlement close to the city of Whiterun where dragons had been seen flying in the area. After reaching Whiterun, Ur was contacted by a secret organization known as the Circle of Blood who knew of his curse and could help in controlling it. After meeting with the circle, Ur was taught how to control the beast within him, a beast that was first unleashed during the era of the Bloodmoon Prophecy. Ur then discovered that he contained the dragon blood, which was considered a blessing by Akatosh for great service in history, or passed down in a families bloodline. With the dragons blood Ur had the ability to learn the Thu'um, which he used to defeat Alduin firstborn of Akatosh, in the realm of Sovngarde.

After returning to Mundus, Ur heard rumors of a powerful vampire clan know as Volkihar ,lead by Vampire Lord Harkon, amassing great power in the northern reaches of Skyrim, in order to quell this threat Ur sought out the ancient organization known as the Dawnguard in order to aid in their fight against him, however the the influence of his inner darkness sparked his curiosity into how the Volkihar have amassed such great power... the answer to this curiosity could only be sated one way, by betraying all he had worked for in the centuries he had lived just to join those who call the darkness their own.
Good story ...so you guy is a werewolf that's going to join the vampires ?
Killer McCracken

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 am

Curio Modius
Male, Imperial, Battle Mage

A loyal member of the Imperial Army, Curio finds himself in an internal conflict. The Empire he loves is dying, it's become a shadow of it's former self. He fears that complete Dominion controll is all but upon them. In order to save his beloved Empire, he needs to betray it. During the weeks leading up to the Dragon attack on Helgen, he was occupied with trying to find a way out of the fort to complete his goal. The confusion after the attack was better than any distraction he could have ever dreamed of.

He left for the College of Winterhold, by means of carriage. After months of studious practicing, he'd become more efficent, and immensely more confident in his abilities. Now, he seeks to gain power through any means, so that one day, he can return to the Empire, and restore it to it's former glory. He reforged the Galdur amulet, became the Archmage of the College, brought The Blades back from the grave, and bluffed his way to the title of "Listener". The Mages of the College search for artifacts, and horde knowledge. The Blades have begun bringing in new blood, and are constantly honing their art. All the while, his shadow group hunts down and kills enemies of the Empire. Under his leadership, Sithis and the Night Mother have been abandoned. Relics of a time no longer relevant; true power lies in coin, not the favor of a dried up old hag.

As we speak, Curio is busy making contacts in the criminal underworld. Friends who can forge documents without question, are just as useful as those who kill without remorse. Soon, he'll make the journey to Harkon and, with deep regret, say goodbye to his mortality.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:37 pm

One of mine:

Name: Bormir Fireband, Lord of Dragon Bridge, Legate of the Imperial Legion.
Race: Nord (Who'd of guessed it?)

Bormir is the brother of Jarl Elisif the fair, some 10 years or so her senior. He's proud, rigid but just. He has a distrust of magic users and places his trust in cold steel wielded by purposed hands.

At the age of 15, almost a grown man, certainly large enough to be at least - Bormir, with his father, had taken part in the reclaiming of Markath alongside Ulfric's militia. They quickly withdrew from Markath shortly after Ulfric's militia began committing a number of atrocities. Those events shaped Bormir's opinion of Ulfric Stormcloak and he formed a distaste/dislike for the man. Over the years he honed his craft as a warrior first in Skyrim, then later elsewhere in Tamriel.

During this time, he formed a small mercenary group called the Red Wardens. The Red Wardens only took on jobs that were not morally questionable (read: were good), often seeking to bring justice to where ever they happened be situated at the time by rooting out evil and corruption. Bormir made it a habit to return to Skyrim once a year, to visit his sister Elisif. Ulfgard (Bormir and Elisif's father) and Istlad (Torygg's father) had arranged the wedding between their two children. Ulfgard however passed away before the wedding, leaving Bormir to 'give' his sister away to Torygg at the wedding.

Shortly there after, he returned to Cyrodil and remained there for a time. When news of that civil war had broken out, Bormir and his men were on a contract that required their attention in Anvil. Initially he had intended to see out that contract despite the goings on in his homeland, but when letter from dear sister reached him in where she requested his presence and assistance, Bormir and his Red Wardens packed up and made their way to Skyrim.

Shortly after crossing the border into Skyrim, they encountered an entourage of Stormcloak rebels which turned out to be led by Ulfric himself. The Red Wardens only numbered 20 swords, not counting Bormir himself, so they were outnumbered by some measure by the rebels. The stormcloaks did not attack at first, instead approaching to ascertain who this band of fighting men who flew neither the Imperial nor Stormcloak banners, were. Ulfric himself intended to question the leader of the band, but he recognized Bormir - the Red Wardens were veterans, experienced fighters, but the onslaught that happened next overwhelmed them.

All his men slain, Bormir was taken into custody. No doubt Ulfric had hoped to use him as a bargaining chip to bend Elisif to his cause. As luck would have it, the very next day Ulfric's men walked right into an Imperial ambush. The legion wrongfully took Bormir to be a part of the rebellion and no Stormcloak made effort to correct that. Only by the intervention of a dragon, did Bormir escape the headman's axe. While annoyed at events, no lasting hate was imparted, for he would have likely done the same thing in the Legion's shoes.

After the escape, Bormir took carriage from Whiterun to Solitude and officially declared his loyalty and desire to serve his younger sister. With the civil war going on, criminal activities in Haafingar were on the up. His first priority would be cleaning that up - to that end he was provided five guardsmen to serve under his direct command, provided by Thane Erikur. Bormir didn't much care for Erikur in truth, he considered the man a milk drinker and a snake but it was his gold that paid for the guards.

In no less than a month, Soltitude and Haafingar had seen a marked decrease in crime. His first victory came when he wiped out the Blackblood Mauraders, who had been raiding ships along the coastline near Solitude. Although the Blood Horkers didn't reside in Haafingar, Bormir also put an end to them, so that the East Empire Company's shipping line could return to full capacity. For his service, Jarl Elisif named him Thane of Haafingar. She had intended to do so upon his arrival but he had turned her down, "Sweet sister, keep your title and honour, I haven't earned it. Speak of it again when I have."

Bormir would then go on to put an end to the resurrection of an ancient Nord queen, not once but twice. Because the initial danger was to Dragon Bridge, Bormir's sister Elisif bestowed upon him the title, "Lord of Dragon Bridge". With Solitude and Haafingar in a some what better state, Jarl Elisif ordered Bormir to assist the legion. He had no real love for the Empire in truth, but the civil war needed to end and it was either Empire or Stormcloaks. The choice was easy enough in the end, he would oppose Ulfric.

He excelled in the Imperial Legion as well, quickly distinguishing himself about the average rank and file. After the battle of Whiterun, a redguard man named Nazeem was arrested on suspicion of treason. He stood accused of hiring the Dark Brotherhood to assassinate both General Tulius and Jarl Elisif. Nazeem was convicted and Bormir gladly enacted justice, parting the man's head from his body with one fell swoop of his greatsword. After that, he liaisoned with the Pentalus Occulus who pointed him in the right direction of the Dark Brotherhood. With a small group of men, he assaulted their sanctuary and wiped them out before either contract could be fulfilled.

With that matter taken care of, he returned back to the war front - eventually they took Windhelm and once again Bormir would play executioner to a traitor, as he (Gladly I might add) sent Ulfric to Sovengarde. With the war all but won, attentions turned elsewhere, specifically the return of the Dragons. Bormir Firebrand would come to learn he was 'Dragonborn' and in truth he didn't care for it at all. It has left him conflicted if nothing else. Once the dragons are defeated, if they can be defeated, Bormir intends to return back to his duties and ensure that Elisif becomes High Queen.

When all is said and done, things will die down for a little before the Dawnguard start putting out the word that they are looking for recruits. Specifically the Commander of the Dawnguard (Whoever she or he may be) will send a missive to the court in Solitude explaining that something big is on the horizon and that they desperately need assistance. The number of vampires in Skyrim is increasing and they are more organized than ever. Bormir will investigate the matter and if true, pledge his sword and any he can spare of the city guard in Solitude to lend aid.

tl/dr: He's a Nord that is going to damn well make sure those fanged fiends don't succeed.
Josee Leach

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Anybody else thinking up any roleplay backrounds unique to the story of Dawngaurd?

I created a new character called Velan Roscius. An Imperial who's primarily an alchemist and learns the danger of the Volkhair through readings. He not a hardend-killer.

I just wrote this up and didn't read over it again, I just wanted to type up a sort of backstory. I might write more regarding his training and subsequent adventures before diving into Dawngaurd depend on feedback.

Velan became firm and stiff as he entered Dushnikh Yal, consumed with the thought and possibility that the orcs here would see through his guise. That he would be discharged violently if he slipped up and the orcs realized he wasn’t a warrior at all. Burguk approached immediately and began the size up process.
“What do you hope to gain from us, Imperial?” A question asked as if Burguk already knew that the question would fall flat on the now trembling Velan.
Velan spoke. “I only seek guidance in the way of the blade. I am neither Imperialist or Stormcloak.”
The trembling faded as Velan realized the importance of this moment. Burguk noticed his change in posture.
“Your people are renowned for their killing power with the blade. What I hope to gain from you and your people, Chief Barguk, is training in the way of the blade.”
Burguk didn’t know what to make of this Imperial.
“Why do you seek training, boy? You say you are neither a Stormcloak nor a member of the Imperial Army, so what do you fight for? You are no bandit. You lack their desperate, terrified, rage consumed eyes. Why should I train you?”
The tribe was half-listening at this point, still attacking their wooden dummies and tending to their potions, but doing so in a light way, so they could hear their chief speak with the young Imperial. With this question, Velan felt a wave of heat in his abdomen. This heat created a wave of hot air that traveled from his stomach out through his mouth.
“Soon, Skyrim will face a new danger - a danger outweighing this petty civil war being fought between a buffon-puppet and a power-hungry poet. An infectious danger. Not an infection of ideas or principles, but an infection of the blood. An infection of brain rot and blood-hunger. An infection that can’t be stopped in Imperial courtrooms or Stormcloak encampments, or shouted away by the Greybeards of High Hrothgar. This infection will be a snake, and unless men stand up to confront the beast and severe its head from its body, this snake will slither across the land, crushing and squeezing all mortal life away as it goes.”
The camp was fully focused on Velan now.
“This tremendous snake is the rising power of the Volkihar. A vampire clan, capable of transforming into beasts the likes of which Skyrim has never seen.” He threw caution to the wind. “I am by no means a warrior, Barguk, but what I am, is a man who has suffered great loss at the hands of these soulless creatures. A man who needs an experienced hand to provide him with understanding, so that when the time comes, he can rise up and destroy this fiend, severe the head from the body. I come here in search of a mentor, an experienced hand to guide mine in preparation. What say you, Chief Balgruk?”
Balgruk paused, transfixed on the eyes of this Imperial who he saw almost no potential in moments ago. He felt as if this Imperial had enough fire in his heart to grasp the art of killing. He looked around the camp quickly for delicate shows of support, and then returned his gaze to Velan.
“I will train you, boy, to defeat this beast you speak of. You will stay here in the camp until your training is complete, and I will be your trainer. But if I will be the one to train you, you must understand the way an orc learns to wield a blade. You must understand certain things.”
Velan spoked with half-relief. “You say you will train me, Chief Balgruk, and for that I thank you, but what must I understand?”

Chief Burguk spoke in a kind of welcomed discharge; as if he had released an understanding about the art of killing that he had kept locked away for centuries, buried under the belief that the ideas were exclusively his, and common to no one.
“ You must train your wielding arm in a way that it becomes incapable of moving independently from your blade. You must move and twist your blade as you move your own limb, and move your limb as if it had the killing power of tempered steel. “
He realized he had been gazing skyward, and jerked his attention to Velan.
“Your grip on the hilt must become more than a grip, but a flesh-steel composite that connects the whole space from your shoulder to the tip of the blade. You must become so connected with the blade, and fully incorporate it into your technique that you would fear death by blood loss if the blade was shattered. The arm must become the blade. The blade must become the arm. This will be the first part of your training. Complete assimilation of your weapon into your natural movements and rhythms. The Volkihar of legend will not tolerate anything less. You will know you are complete in your sword training when you come to the point where, if attacked during sleep, the blade awakens before your body and strikes down your would-be-killer before you have enough sense to open your eyes and lift your head from your pillow. Then, you will be ready to remove this beast from Skyrim.”

nice intro. i dont think mine will be as good but il give it a go. ill base it on the character i made for DG:

The air was cold that night butit always was in northern skyrim. The road was lonely but it had its moments of excitement. A random troll, an ice wolf... They couldnt begin to compare to his power. Dawnstar was ahead and he had herd about the small town having a probem. He didnt think it was anything he couldnt handle. He was the new harbinger AND archmag His name was starting to be known through out Skyrim, which made it hard to keep his secert. If the people of Skyrim only knew his curse. They would probley burn him at the stake.

The windpeak Inn was aive with people talking about their problem. Their dreams were bad. Evil even. A monk or mage, he couldnt tell, reasured the peope inside. After some word of wisdom they left, not entirely feeling better. A young woman asked her father if he wanted to talk about "mother". he declined. A victim of these "dreams"? Could a dream kill? Its Skyrim, stranger things have happened. Feeling Sad the young woman noticed him. A dunmer clad in Ebony armor with strange sword she had never seen. It glowed red with power. He looked tired as he moved to a table. She went over to speak with him. Maybe someone as powerful ooking as him would help out the town.

"So the rumors are true" he thought to himself, "that can wait for now. ill handle it tomarrow night. even my kind need to rest."

"hello," she started, " my name is Karita. May i sit with you?"

"Sure," he answered, "i dont mind. Could the company of a pretty lady while im here."

"Well i wanted to ask you for a favor, you see, you look rather powerful and our town has-"

"Asking me to help your town? you dont even know my name young miss" he joked.

"Im sorry," she said, deflated, "its just that-"

"People here are dying," he interupted, "i know. its why im here. youl only have one more night of that. im not worried about it. now that im here, you shouldnt worry either."

"Why," She questioned, wondering just who he was.

"I am Raziel," he declared, "Of the clan Merek. Ancestor of Azura Merek, the hero of kavtch."

"Youre the Harbinger of the Companions!" She exclaimed, "Surely we are saved!"

"Do you know what the cause of these dreams?"

"I do." the monkmage chimed in.

"Who are you?" Raziel asked.

"I'm Erondar and i can help you if youre going to aid this town." the monkmage answered.

"Karita! eave the patrons alone girl!" the man behind the bar ordered.

"Yes father," she replied smiling as she got up to go, "Ill leave you two for now."

"The cause?" Raziel reminded.

"Mages....i think...." Erondar lied.

"Theres worst things out then mages."

"Like what?"

"Like me." Raziel smiled, his two K-nines pointed.

Another man who sat a few tables next to Raziel's overherd the converstion and aproched the two men. Raziel and Erondar Looked up. the man wore leather armor of a type neither knew. On the shouder was a sun-like enblem. He was armed only with a crossbow.

"If you are who you say you are we could use one like yoursef. Perhaps after this dream business is taken care of, youll come look us up." the man interupted.

"A night if introductions, how nice, and you are?" Raziel joked.

"My name is unimportant but 'We' are the 'Dawnguard'. we hurt vampires and are looking for new members. Im new at hunting vamps but i know how to recruit"

"Yes, i can tell youre new," Erondar said, remembering Raziel's smile. perhap he would use him to save this town then turn him over to this man. Cant trade one probem for another.

"I didnt think vampires were a big problem in skyrim. I know some kill to feed, but there are those who dont. Some who only feed and kill those who have it coming, the bad, evil, criminal types. Some who only wish to live and let live. Hell maybe even some 'good' ones yes?" Raziel said, looking Erondar in the eye as he said it.

"There are no 'good' vampires," the man paused, "My first hunt, i found some vamp demon posing as the court wizard for Solitude. As i cornered her, she begged for mercy, saying she only fed on the bad people, the ones in the jail. Foolish, helpess vamp. I enjoyed killing her slowly. Im gonna do the same this Harkum and he whoe bloody vampire family. may even have some fun with his wife before im done!" the man bragged, a sly smile on his lips.

"Who is Harkum?" Raziel asked sounding interested.

"He is the head vampire who seems to be gathering forces for some reason. He leads the biggest can of vampires in Skyrim." the man informed.

"Oh really?" Raziel fought off another smile, "youre going to break into the man's home, kill his family and possibly [censored] his wife?"

"There all dirty vamps. Besides, nothing i havent done before besides, they aint real people like you and me. Ill have me fun killin' 'em like i did with my first. Joining Dawnguard just gave me a way to do it without being locked up for it! Look us up harbinger, we could use a fighter like yourself."

The man went to leave and as soon as the door closed, Raziel was up and following him. Erondar looked pale, as though he had see a ghost. He wondered what Raziel was about to do and then wondered if he really whated to know what he was about to do. He rasied he hand to stop him, opening his mouth to ask but a different question replaced the one in his head. " Where are you going? Arent you going to help this town?"

"Oh yes i will, Raziel smiled a full smile, showing two long fangs. "I fully intend on helping this town. I am a 'good' guy, Raziel answered using the hand motions for the word 'good'. "But i just seen a 'criminal type' a moment ago," Raziel continued, "Being the good guy i am, i have to take my "meals" when i can get them. I told the girl this would be the last night this town has bad dreams and i meant it. tomarrow their plight ends. tonight, i eat out."

As Raziel went through the door his hand flashed and he seemed to vanish. At least the town will soon be safe. and there will be one less monster the world, whether Raziel wins a fight with that man or not.
Andres Lechuga

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:53 am

"Velan became firm and stiff..."

I stopped there. I would not have read the entire post anyways.
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 am

I have 2 characters ready for dawnguard.

One is my Argonian => Shaveek, Listener of the dark brotherhood, he has heart some stories of a secret war between a group called "the dawnguard" and the vampires.
Shaveek thought he could investigate what happens there and maybe join the vampires the expand the power of the dark brotherhood!.

My other char is Marius Smetius an imperial who joined the companions and was blessed with the power of the beast.
This old rivality between werewolves and vampires can become handy for the dawnbguard.
Hearts

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 am

I like that story. An Imperial with an Orcish skill.

My Role is a Vampire Politician. Ventana wants to topple the government in Skyrim and replace it with her own, utilizing the Dark Brotherhood, the Thieves Guild, and her own faction of the Blades. She has tainted the mind of Ulfric Stormcloak. He now serves her needs. The Stormcloaks think they serve Skyrim, but they truly serve the Vampires.

Right now, Ventana only has enough power to control one person. She seeks out the powerful vampire clans from which she was made to increase her Vampiric skills. When she is strong enough, she will fulfill her role as the ruler of Skyrim, and extend her Vampiric reign to the rest of the world.

Very nice!
Philip Lyon

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 pm

House of horrors SPOILERS

Apologize for the grammar it svcks

My character is a female imperial who was apart of a vampire hunter family(they also hunt daedra) she fell behind her family's required skill rate and she was told she was useless and well never be able to kill vampires by her parents and siblings so she left for skyrim to prove herself. She met a vigilant of stendarr investigating the house of markath so she decided to help, since she arrived in skyrim people have called her milk drinker and useless *cough aela cough* after that whole giant thing when she tried to help them kill it. So to her this is her chance then molag bal got a hold of both of them molag bal was the only person or demon to recognize her strength and say that she is strong.

She tried her best to resist him but the the vigilant member attacked her after she killed him she thought to herself that she could get rid of this deadric influence herself she went down in the basemant and she was captured by bal. He wanted her to bring a priest of a rival daedra to him so he can kill him she refused and then he simply let her go saying "fine enjoy your freedom but remember this person is suffering in pain it would be wrong to leave him.

So she left the house a part of her wanted to do what he says but she simply rationalized that she was out to help someone but she sent him to molag bal for some reason and when finally that priest was in the trap and molag bal told her to kill him with his mace she enjoyed every part of it the dominance over another making someone else bend to you making them feel useless. Thats when she became corrupted and the very thing her family fought against she swore fealty and her soul to molag bal to spread strife and discord and to dominate people in combat and on the battlefield.

Right now she does not know that vampires are the children of bal but once she reaches castle volkihar and see's the shrines of molag bal and all the other stuff she will submit herself to vampirisim and become a child of bal. Hence why I am hoping the vampire lord in the dlc gives the player the option to turn into a vampire if you help him.
Vicki Gunn

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:36 am

Valarus steps slowly into the hall of keep Dawnguard, his feet making a sharp clatter on the stone. His eyes filled with grim delight, the milky white of them shimmering in the torch-light. He calls out, his voice shrieked and angered.
"Here me, foolish mortals! For we.. The Volk?hai?r shall rise!"
Screaming as he does, he shouts loudly, his body disappears, invisibility his guise. his being now erethreal, he steps away. The Dawnguard obviously befuddled as to what just occurred..
He steps away while in this form, knowing it shall not last.
"And now.. To meet 'Harken'."

Valarus:
A Thalmor Mage.
BrEezy Baby

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Valarus steps slowly into the hall of keep Dawnguard, his feet making a sharp clatter on the stone. His eyes filled with grim delight, the milky white of them shimmering in the torch-light. He calls out, his voice shrieked and angered.
"Here me, foolish mortals! For we.. The Volk?hai?r shall rise!"
Screaming as he does, he shouts loudly, his body disappears, invisibility his guise. his being now erethreal, he steps away. The Dawnguard obviously befuddled as to what just occurred..
He steps away while in this form, knowing it shall not last.
"And now.. To meet 'Harken'."

Valarus:
A Thalmor Mage.

You'll be dead , abomination !
Jessica Nash

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Giggling madly as he steps out, he looks back to the man, his guise slipping off for the slightest moment.
"I believe it is the other way around.."
Shouting once more, his voice pierces their ears. He steps away. He is gone into the night~
Joey Bel

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

I always make up a little backstory. Nothing special and I make it up pretty much as I go, but I'll share it anyway.

My male Altmer mage, Aralesh, was always the good guy, but being Arch-mage and having destroyed(-ish) Alduin made him feel like he did no longer belong in this world. Now he views everything in terms of power and seeks to become even more powerfull then he is now. Once he'll get the chance to become a Vampire lord he will take it because he sees it as a way of achieving immortality.

To hide his vampirism from the world he wears hooded Thalmor robes because they allow him to look like just another Justiciar.

:banana: 1st post :banana:
butterfly

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:18 am

I made an Imperial Cleric named Maylissa before I knew about Dawnguard. She's only level 8 still, since I didn't intend to do any of the Guilds with her. All I've been doing is roaming around and looking for Vampires, Witches, Necromancers, and Undead to kill.

But now she has a purpose! She'll be joining Dawnguard, although I haven't come up with an origin story for her at all. I usually have one for all of my characters. At least the DLC gives her something significant to do in the game, and I'll see where it takes her afterward as far as the stock questlines.

Arkved, my male Altmer Mage who is around level 20-ish, will become a vampire for the DLC. He's power-mad, and his backstory involves searching Skyrim for a robe worn by a powerful Mage during the Oblivion Crisis.
Scared humanity

Next

Return to V - Skyrim