Dead thrall or Atronach Thrall?

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 am

Which spell do you prefer? I love Atronachs but Dead Thralls are great for dumping all your gear on them :P
john page

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:19 am

Which spell do you prefer? I love Atronachs but Dead Thralls are great for dumping all your gear on them :tongue:

Neither. I have both spells, but I use neither.

I use the Quiet Casting Perk and drop two Dremora Lords into a group of enemies. It's pretty humorous. ;)
joeK

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:59 am

Dead thrall. I just don't like it when they start making those annoying sounds every couple seconds.
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 pm

I like to use both. But I do lean more towards Reanimating though, as i like to think of my Mage as a Necromancer of sorts, so i've put my Perks mainly on that side atm. If no bodies are around however, then i find summoned Dremora Lords are very Good.

Edit: Oh yes, i do restrict myself as to who i Reanimate sometimes, i wont use the bodies of named NPC's who did nothing wrong, as i look at it as a punishment after death.
Bigze Stacks

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:14 am

Mmm i recommend you get 2 undeads instead the atronachs. I play several hours with a master necromancer and Ruindill or whatever is called the high elf localted in the Thalmor embasy :D really nice combo
BrEezy Baby

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Neither. I have both spells, but I use neither.

I use the Quiet Casting Perk and drop two Dremora Lords into a group of enemies. It's pretty humorous. :wink:
The DLs are the same as Atros.

I got to the point where the DT perk was almost a necessity. Not just because you could use them as a pack mule, but because they made the BEST followers in the game. They could have their armor upgraded and enchanted (the enchantments are limited) and they would use ANY weapon, even the epic bows. Bust best yet...They do NOT push the character.

Dremora Lords are very powerful. But you can have a Bandit Chief that is a lot more powerful than the DLs, and they are thewre all the time.
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:02 pm

The DLs are the same as Atros.

I got to the point where the DT perk was almost a necessity. Not just because you could use them as a pack mule, but because they made the BEST followers in the game. They could have their armor upgraded and enchanted (the enchantments are limited) and they would use ANY weapon, even the epic bows. Bust best yet...They do NOT push the character.

Dremora Lords are very powerful. But you can have a Bandit Chief that is a lot more powerful than the DLs, and they are thewre all the time.

If my Dunmer Vampire Mage ever Dead Thralls anything, it will be a Master Vampire. Why? Just to prove my superiority. ;)

Bwahahaha.

Evil is Good.
cutiecute

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:09 am

question :
Do Elemental potency perk works on dremora lord summon?
Sami Blackburn

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:55 pm

question :
Do Elemental potency perk works on dremora lord summon?

Not as far as I know. Last time I read it, it said "Summoned Atronachs are ...". Dremora Lords aren't Atronachs.
John N

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 pm

I think I read that Dremora l
Sharra Llenos

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Not as far as I know. Last time I read it, it said "Summoned Atronachs are ...". Dremora Lords aren't Atronachs.
The are not affected by the element perk. They are not actually Atros, they are however Deadra. The Conjuration tree is basically split into two main branches. The Undead and Daedra. That is what I assumed the OP was referring to.

Seeing that I obviously misread the thread topic. The key word being "thrall".
Jade Muggeridge

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:03 am

I meant the master conjuration 'Thrall' spells, not the general spells :)
sara OMAR

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:41 am

Theme and preference should affect the decision but it depends on the enemies you encounter . Storm/Frost Atros are pretty boss against dragons
Rob Smith

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:24 pm

You can get 2 permenant dremora lords, using the Dead Thrall spell if you are within a certain level range by doing quests that feature dremora warriors and then you can raise them up with dead thrall.

Dremora Lords only last so long too, They have a tendecy to disappear in the middle of the fight, where Dead Thralls hang around forever and when they die, they do not turn to ash and can be raised back up again. Aside from longevity, there is a lot of Dead Thralls out there much more powerful then Dremora Lords. A lot of the Orc Chiefs can take a dremora lord 1 on 1 as dead thralls retain individual statistics like Health, Resistances, Skills and Gear. So an Orc Chief with 700 hps +100 for the necro follower perk, in full plate armor. Give him a deadric claymore and he will most likely own that Dremora Lord.

My personal choices are Orcelander and Sild the Warlock, both are very powerful mages with natural resistances to magic and good health. 500 to 700 each.
and when they face off against several dremora lords or even deathlords they quickly destroy them utterly as they can also summon their own minions.
Both of my Thralls will summon storm atronaches through a staff I gave them while my follower Marcurio will use Sanguine Rose to summon a Dremora Lord and suddenly I got a team 7.

Occasionly you will get two thralls who like to fight eachother, just let them go at it, because they don't heal properly. when they die and you re-thrall them is when they heal back up to full, so a good way to keep them tip top after a fight where they took some damage is to just summon 2 familiars, this will cause your dead thralls to simply collapse (if you have twin souls perk) and then use dead thrall on their corpses to bring them back at full health.

Pretty sure Orcelander or Sild the Warlock could take 2 or 3 storm atronaches by themselves.

If you need a RP reason to Thrall either of these guys Oreclander is a genocidal fanatic who wants to kill basicly everyone on Tamriel
and Sild the Warlock is a pyschopath who enjoy's torturing people to death and turning them into play toys for his own amusment and
no they both serve a greater purpose and are doing something constructive with their after-life.
brandon frier

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 am

I am so going to try Conjuration and all the other magic skills this time around. My first character when this game came out was a pure Destruction mage and I never tried any of the other schools.
Conjuration looks like so much fun being able to summon elemental atronachs or reviving dead people. Can you revive dead animals and such as well?

I'm off to go make my new mage. I might be a good person who does bad things for the greater good. Summoning dead corpses to help defeat the enemy and doing daedric quests to prevent the daedric items getting into the wrong hands.
Esther Fernandez

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:29 am

Reanimate animal works...
pinar

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 am

dead thrall does not work on animals but all the temporary spells do
Steve Smith

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 am

I'm using a bandit marauder with steel warhammer, bandit chief with dwarven battle axe (who decapitates, he decapitated my previous thrall) and Aranea Ielith as my follower. I improved my thralls' weapons and the chief's armor and I'm now an unstoppable force. The two thralls do a buttload of damage, Aranea does great spell damage plus summons atronachs, and I lay back shooting arrows or casting spells or twiddling my thumbs.

(from left: Aranea, me, Bandit Chief thrall, Bandit Marauder Thrall. The reanimation effect somehow disappeared from them)
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1596/screenshot13yu.jpg

I almost wish I didn't go the conjuring route because everything is so easy now. I'm a walking army that can't be stopped.
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:32 am

im actually doing a play through right now with a vampire master swordsman, who sole goal is to achieve the master level conjuration spell dead thrall. i so cant wait to get that spell its not even funny. that being said, can you use that spell on litterally any npc, like a normal town folk?
Jessica Thomson

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Can you use Dead Thrall or any other dead raising ability on Dragon Priests and other bosses?
tiffany Royal

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:17 am

Can you use Dead Thrall or any other dead raising ability on Dragon Priests and other bosses?
No because DPs turn to ash when yu kill them
kyle pinchen

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 am

I like Dead Thrall more than the Atronach ones.
Rude Gurl

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:40 am

im actually doing a play through right now with a vampire master swordsman, who sole goal is to achieve the master level conjuration spell dead thrall. i so cant wait to get that spell its not even funny. that being said, can you use that spell on
litterally any npc, like a normal town folk?

Yep :) apparently it doesnt work on npcs over level 50 , but yeah, you can use it on anyone :D
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 pm

You can check section 6 of this guide on followers. http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1342463-complete-character-design-freedom-damage-resist-caps-and-ridiculous-damage-thread-10
Fluffer

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 am

I almost wish I didn't go the conjuring route because everything is so easy now. I'm a walking army that can't be stopped.

A well placed spiked wall trap is still kind of going to ruin your day.

But yes, I have done tests where a single Thralled Ravager armed with enchanted and smithed weapons took out 15 Dragur Deathlords by herself. http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1333470-complete-character-design-freedom-damage-resist-caps-and-ridiculous-damage-thread-9/page__st__150
Vickytoria Vasquez

Next

Return to V - Skyrim