Dear Bethesda, Please consider a Silver Shroud DLC for FO4

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:02 pm

After playing Fallout 4's Silver Shroud missions, I was really hoping that there might be more missions involved with the concept. Perhaps after your "theatrics" in Good Neighbor, different enemy types have gotten their hands on Silver Shroud comics and are starting to imitate the villains in their crimes.

The DLC could open up options for particular Silver Shroud themed perks. These could be unlocked by collecting the comics that these particular villains have on them after being defeated. As well, this could lead to missions that help you to acquire new companions that are obsessed with the "Unstoppables" comics and imitate those particular heroes. This idea has probably been discussed but I would really look forward to a DLC with this theme.

Latino HeaT

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Nah I don't want a Sliver Shroud dlc. Mostly because it will force those who don't play as the Sliver Shroud to play it in the DLC.

Don't get me wrong I would love all the Unstoppable costumes and weapons in the game but I don't want a DLC just for that.

Richard Dixon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:08 am

Silver Shroud quest sux!

We need more super branchy quests involving the exciting FONV faction Great Khans!

Yeah, their leader wears a viking helmet, awesome!

Nathan Barker

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Someone picked the sarcastic option

Barbequtie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Blasphemy!
Trent Theriot

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Now that you mention it I realize I've been wanting that as well. When I started playing back in november I thought they were all available in the game.

Stryke Force

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Wif underwoter alienz and zombeez plzzz

Tyrel

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:25 pm

Play the newly released DLC with the costume on.

Rachie Stout

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:51 pm

I will always endorse more Silver Shroud moments.
bimsy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Seconded. I'd love to see a DLC from this. I mean Automatron is all about the silliest bit from Fallout3 (the Mechanist), and it's the lighthearted, goofy things in the Fallout franchise that keep me coming back for more. I'd love the Unstoppables to get another cameo...maybe their rabid fandom in the Commonwealth can be the impetus for restarting the television stations in the area (there were all those cameras just lying around in the Silver Shroud studio, and there are all those big receiver dishes hanging around that could broadcast them to those inert televisions that we can build for our settlements...hint hint, Beth).

Lyd

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:11 pm

If you wear the silver shroud costume in automatron quest you get some dialogue
Ben sutton

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Please, don't!

Add Meeh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Let's not.

Catherine N

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Given how several stages of that quest are still broken and how it's a real PITA to complete, I'm not sold on the idea of a DLC for it. I didn't particularly like my character "talking as Shroud" either, but I tolerated it for the rewards.

I dunno, the campiness really put me off tbh.

naomi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 pm

I hated that!!

Rabbit

Channing

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:42 pm

Please yes. I love the Silver Shroud. Giggle snorting the whole entire time doing the quest

Sammykins

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 am

What we need is an Unstoppables DLC. That Manta Man random encounter and a new npc playing the Inspector. We as the Shroud give the Grognak costume to one of our followers (and depending oh who they are either really get into it or complain the entire way). Then we just need to find a Mistress of Mystery.

We could then go fight crime. Maybe Dr Brainwash and his army of de-capitalists. He could be turning people into robobrains then transferring some into runaway Synth bodies... something complicated like that.

or instead of playing along for people that hate the campness we could just be perfectly blunt 'look we will help you but none of that superhero crap eh'.

Gisela Amaya

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:45 am

Hey, if an Unstoppables DLC isn't your thing, you don't have to buy it. Don't ruin it for those of us who actually would love to see this idea put into action. I know I'd definitely buy it, and it seems others on here would, too. You don't have to. That's the beauty of downloadable content...you get to pick and choose what side stories you want to play and disregard the others.

I mean, seriously, I'm not all that impressed with Automatron, honestly, because customizing robots does absolutely NOTHING for me (blah! borrrrrinnnnngggg!). I'd much rather Bethesda focus less on build-centric DLC and more character-driven DLC. I mean, there are plenty of more opportunities for the latter to blow open the post-main quest story line than the former (like, how about a DLC about getting Nick Valentine a synth 3 body--since, apparently, we can get one for six-bot cutie, Curie--and maybe even hooking him up with that synth named Jenny, or integrating him with Kellogg completely to create a whole new entity, as he'd repeatedly stated he'd wished... or a story about reunited MacCready with his son...or a story about using that Cabot House "Mystery Serum" with Virgil's FEV formula and finding a cure for all the ghouls, like Hancock...or what to do with your synth kid, Shaun, if you destroyed the Institute and took him with you...or, find out the real reason Maxon hates synths so much [he's rather rabid about destroying them & enjoys demonizing them, you'll notice], or perhaps even a DLC where you choose a companion to marry [like you can do in Skyrim] and go on dates and whittle them down until you get "the one" [sort of a Bachelor/Bachelorette game for the Fallout universe]...or a story about finding out the Institute actually built a synth of YOU to mother/father the child synth, Shaun, and now it's run amok throughout the Commonwealth ruining your reputation to get even with taking its 'child' or something. TONS of options here to play with).

Simply because that's my preference, however, doesn't mean I'm going to poo-poo all over your desire to enjoy the robot build DLC.

Alan Cutler

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Awesome idea, right here.

Bethesda, you listening???

Jason Wolf

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 pm

I'd love a Silver Shroud DLC!

I loved going around and doing impressions of the Shroud to the enemies!

A minor point though, if they make one, they need to fix the core mission line first, Kent has never started broadcasting again and until he does, I can't acquire my improved Silver Shroud armor.

Taylor Bakos

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Sadly, Kent was killed when I tried to rescue him in my game, so that's something Bethesda would have to take into account for any DLC based off of that mission in-game (re: Kent may have been given the ol' red smile and isn't available for any DLC story arc).

jesse villaneda

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:58 pm

No problem.

Just introduce Kent's cousin Trent to take his place. :wink_smile:

Could even have him there even if Kent lived.

I'd laugh so hard if they started the Silver Shroud Nostalgia Fanclub with the Sole Survivor. :lmao:

Darian Ennels

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Or they could do a DLC that more than 50% of fans want. That's always an option.

As for poo pooing the idea, it's a forum and sharing an opinion that does not agree with the OP is both entirely acceptable and necessary for the discussion. If you want sycophancy, you're in the wrong place.

I'd rather they put their time into creating a DLC that adds evil factions to the game and the choice to join them. Or they could create a more "classic" DLC like Broken Steel or something.

In fact, pretty much anything would be better than a Silver Shroud DLC.

J.P loves

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:01 pm

That's a lie. A memory den DLC would be the worst case scenario, imagine 2-4 hours wasted in a memory. I also doubt we'll get a evil team to join as if they were going to do that then they would of actually put effort into the minuteman/gunners and had a choice where we take over the commonwealth with the gunners. Though the death arena could be considered quite 'evil' if we can force everything to fight to the death.....

I could see a Broken Steel type ending, probably be the last thing they add that gives a real Fallout conclusion ending sequence as a way to say 'no more dlc'.

Adrian Powers

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Broken Steel was the third DLC of Fallout 3 (5 in total), so I don't see why it has to come last.

Operation Anchorage was a memory that opened up a huge loot cache (I didn't mind it tbh).

As for Evil Factions, they're pretty heavily requested, and I really hope it is NOT the Gunners!

Aaron Clark

Next

Return to Fallout 4