Dear Crytek

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:00 am

I am very excited for Crysis 2. I've been a Crytek fan since far cry (2004). I really do not like the way this forum is setup. The same questions end up getting asked and the threads disappear without any reputable info. I've seen Crytek staff make an appearance in some threads so I hope I'm not wasting my time typing this up. Here are some questions I hope to get some official information on:

1) Is it true that Crysis 2 will run on a system that can run Crysis 1? This is the consensus among forum posters, but they are not reputable. I'd appreciate some official info on this because I don't have the money to buy a new computer and would like to pre-order Crysis 2 immediately. I won't be able to play it if I need to buy new hardware. This question gets asked a million times on the forum and I'd really like to know. It would be beneficial to Crytek to release this info, as they would immediately see pre-orders.

2) When is the supposed Beta going to happen? It was announced weeks ago and nothing new has come of it. I understand that the official release is a long time from now, but I don't check gamesas all that much because of the lost threads and postings.

3) Will there be a special edition? And when will it be available for pre-order?

Thank you for your time, I hope that someone responds to this. This thread I am creating will disappear in a few days because of the format of the current gamesas forum. PLEASE announce these things via E-mail if you don't mind.

GhostinthFlesh
Assumptah George

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:43 am

1) Yeah, just search google for it.
Link: http://www.qj.net/qjnet/games-for-windows/crysis-2-pc-will-look-better-than-crysis-but-have-lower-system-requirements.html

2) No offical info at this point. Just be patient

3) Same as above.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:27 am

I agree with your concerns from 1-3, I hope Crytek's reading this!!
brenden casey

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:02 am

Go to gamesas logo top left of this screen, gets you to homepage, right hand side is Pre-Order Linik, please take some time to search around the homepage also to get familiar with what gamesas has to offer as you never kbow what you may have miseed. :D
priscillaaa

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:52 am

[quote]Go to gamesas logo top left of this screen, gets you to homepage, right hand side is Pre-Order Linik, please take some time to search around the homepage also to get familiar with what gamesas has to offer as you never kbow what you may have miseed. :D[/quote]
huh. and how was any of that supposed to help him? -.-

im sure he's smart enough to figure out how to preorder a videogame (that was not part of his question). if you cbf to read his goddamn post, why do you feel the need to answer it?
mike

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:41 am

[quote][quote]Go to gamesas logo top left of this screen, gets you to homepage, right hand side is Pre-Order Linik, please take some time to search around the homepage also to get familiar with what gamesas has to offer as you never kbow what you may have miseed. :D[/quote]

im sure he's smart enough to figure out how to preorder a videogame (that was not part of his question). if you cbf to read his goddamn post, why do you feel the need to answer it?[/quote]

He wants to know when the special edition will be available for pre-order, not how to pre-order Crysis 2. Read the actual question before you answer it please. And we really need an edit button, this thread is grammar hell.
Jinx Sykes

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Haha someday in the near future people will learn how to spell without the aid of spell check =]
Sunny Under

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:11 pm

I can answer your first question for you:

From Cevat himself: " If you had a PC that could run Crysis 1, you will be playing Cysis 2"

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266596/?hd=1
(somewhere around the 3min mark)

Now granted the minimum specs for Crysis 1 was a Radeon X800 Pro and a 3.2ghz Pentium 4 processor... so technically that would do ya. But also like the the original, you can bet Crysis 2 will be one beast of a game. For example refer to this video of an interview/demo with Nathan Camarillo. (notice his comments around the 7:30 mark)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/101803

Now I'm sure Crysis 2 will be a optimized a bit better than Crysis 1, so it might be slightly less demanding than Crysis 1 was at the time. But in order for Crytek to uphold, or even surpass it's legacy of amazing graphics as Mr. Camarillo said, you can be sure that it will stress even the most hard core of gaming rigs.

So basically it all depends on what quality of graphics you willing to play it at. Sure odds are your current system will run it. But just how shiny do you want it to look? :)

I hope this helped...

-Makius
Michael Korkia

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:39 am

@ InternetWhiteKnight & Talon95, OK since you ask, Question 1 Mostly was allready answered, apart from pre order that he wanted to do immediately , as he was now safe to do so, he could follow the link to that and (( to get familiar with what gamesas has to offer)) that was more , my point!!! the remainder, he has anwered himself, with
>>> The same questions end up getting asked and the threads disappear without any reputable info<<<
little point in adding to that as its true, despite all the gossip, only cryteck can asnwer, and he has seen this in the many posts he has read. granted I was too brief in my answer, I appologise. I was quite tired at that time, but still made sense, just gotta ask why you have to go around correcting ppl, instead of adding your own very valuable knowledge, this would have been far more constructive. however, i will learn from your comments.
Rachel Hall

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:11 am

Wow i haven't been checking this and i still am wondering about the beta. Been sooo busy! I really wanna get my hands on crysis 2 beta. We all deserve to beta test it. Leave no one behind and get feedback for the devs :D
Phoenix Draven

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:22 am

Makius: Thanks for the great info. I'm still waiting on some official announcements, but coming from him I think I can pretty much count on it.

Others: I did already know about the pre-order link and tried a variety of ways to find some official minimum requirements. Googling and searching through various rumors and forumchat doesn't hold much credibility.

The pre-order is only for the regular edition. There was a "maximum" edition for crysis 1 and I plan on buying it for 2 if it becomes available for pre-order.

Thanks for your help. I hope Crytek gets this and I'm not wasting me time.
Scott

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:13 pm

@GhostintheFlesh, Glad that Makius was able to give some usefull info, its kinda hard alllround for us, as basically we have little to go on so far, regarding Crysis Maximum Edition, I believe this is the trilogy and would sure love to have it, but like you I would also like to see Crysis 2 special edition, and would definatly be in the que for that. better yet Maybe the full box set, so on reflection, and allready having the previouse three games. I wont order Maximum edition until I know if Crysis 2 will release a special, that will most surely take priority for me. appologies for my earlier lack of enthusiasm. and wish you well, have a good game. :D
Genevieve

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:11 am

as engines get newer graphics don't go down but they get more polished feel more smooth and get more optimized so the point is you don't have to sacrifice quality for efficiency or for console garbage...
Saul C

Return to Crysis