Deathclaw Island

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 8:24 pm

I havent seen anybody discuss the dreaded DeathClaw Island yet... I have yet to survive long enough
to really check it out, I need to level up more. Anything interesting there besides 30+ deathclaws?
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 1:28 pm

I havent seen anybody discuss the dreaded DeathClaw Island yet... I have yet to survive long enough
to really check it out, I need to level up more. Anything interesting there besides 30+ deathclaws?

I heard there was something there but no real details for now
Ben sutton

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 8:12 am

Deathclaw Island? Do you mean the Deathclaw Promontory on the other east bank of the Colorado? It's not an island.

There are tons of deathclaws and a few items of interesting loot but I think it's there more for the challenge than anything else. I had fun clearing it out with my melee character. :)
Krystal Wilson

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 6:08 am

i went over there, sniped all the deathclaws (not hard at all... i don't even think they knew i was there...) then looted the remnants power armor nearby (best power armor in game - DT of 28)

i started a new melee character recently, so when i'm a high enough level i'll go clear them out again.
Nims

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 5:13 pm

That place honestly made me scream like a little girl. I was up on the top of the rocks almost the whole time i was there. It was one of those rat in the room moments.
lauraa

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 9:37 am

Most deathclaws (maybe all) are level 20, not 30, and the only level 30 deathclaw is the legendary one. Deathclaw Alpha Male is lower level than the regular one at level 18. The Young Deathclaw is at level 10. (All reference of names and levels of creatures come from the strategy guide)
KU Fint

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 9:56 am

Most deathclaws (maybe all) are level 20, not 30, and the only level 30 deathclaw is the legendary one. Deathclaw Alpha Male is lower level than the regular one at level 18. The Young Deathclaw is at level 10. (All reference of names and levels of creatures come from the strategy guide)

No he means the amount of deathclaws there :)
jennie xhx

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 7:44 pm

I've never heard of any "island" of Deathclaws, just the concrete/graphite/whatever mine by Sloan. I'll have to check this out :)
clelia vega

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 3:34 pm

He means there were thirty Deathclaws.
Rik Douglas

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Raul cleared most of them out for me with the avenger minigun and AP ammo.

I helped with the grenade machine gun, crippling large groups, but he probably did 80% of the damage.
SUck MYdIck

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 1:15 pm

I just got done cleaning house over there, fun times with good people! When I first got there I had an epic battle with 20 deathclaws. There was some PA I wanted there, so after I made sure the area was clear I went in search of it. But for the life of me I couldn't find it any where, so I saved and turned it off to go to the wiki and see if I was looken in the right place. Found out I was so I turned the game back on and loaded my save. Once it finished loading I turned around to re-search the area again. But to my surprise the once clear area now head five new deathclaws,
Spoiler
two deathclaw moms, and a deathclaw alpha male.

Good times with fun people, dig.

Heather Kush

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 9:54 am

there is t-51b power armor there and an enclave remnants body armor (helmet is in silver peak mines), i think ur thinking of the nest east of the river, unmarked? use this machine (the m1 garand), it completely goes through there damage threshold, or negates it idk, it packed a serious punch vs the anti-material rifle :P
Penny Wills

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Nothing says goodbye deathclaws like a gift from the sun!

Anyways, only like the best power armor in the game is at that island.
Anna S

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Ahh....the Deathclaw Promontory...is that what you call that place. My favorite spot to take 3+ companions so they can die repeatedly using the chaotic 'chaaarrrrrrgeeeee' tactic.
Claudia Cook

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Wait. What? Where is this place and why have I not found it yet?!

Just when I thought I was the ultimate bad @ss after clearing out Quarry Junction and Dead Wind Cavern.
I’m my own

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 am

Wait. What? Where is this place and why have I not found it yet?!

Just when I thought I was the ultimate bad @ss after clearing out Quarry Junction and Dead Wind Cavern.

It's an unmarked location, directly east of Cliffside Prospector Camp I think.
Deon Knight

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Nice, I gotta check this out!

Last night I was looking for some White Horsenettle, the hard to find herb, and stumbled across Gypsum Quarry, and thought I was pretty cool for busting some heads over there. The "blind" deathclaws weren't much of a challenge though,. Gotta check this out, if only for the power armor.

Does it strip your agility? Cause I like the current t-51lb that I got off the Brotherhood because it's +2 to str, 40 to rads and no AGL loss.
Steve Fallon

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 7:28 am

It's an unmarked location, directly east of Cliffside Prospector Camp I think.

Thanks for the tip.

I just finished clearing the area. :) The hardest part is the entrance because I have a very low sneak skill and I was completely out of stealthboys. I used turbo to quickly run towards a pile of rocks directly left of the entrance. Thank god deathclaws are incapable of climbing those rocks! What's unfortunate is that I had to leave ED-E and Boone on the other side of the river bank as I saw no way for their buggy AI to swim across. This meant that I couldn't take the Remnant armor (it looks ugly anyhow) but I tried to hoard as many eggs as possible.
ruCkii

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 7:55 am

I always start from the Blue Paradise Rentals location. Followers always seem to swim the distance from there just fine for me at least. It's a bit of a swim but not too long. :)
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks for the tip.

I just finished clearing the area. :) The hardest part is the entrance because I have a very low sneak skill and I was completely out of stealthboys. I used turbo to quickly run towards a pile of rocks directly left of the entrance. Thank god deathclaws are incapable of climbing those rocks! What's unfortunate is that I had to leave ED-E and Boone on the other side of the river bank as I saw no way for their buggy AI to swim across. This meant that I couldn't take the Remnant armor (it looks ugly anyhow) but I tried to hoard as many eggs as possible.

ED-E and Arcade had no problem following me across river
Jade Payton

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Nice, I gotta check this out!

Last night I was looking for some White Horsenettle, the hard to find herb, and stumbled across Gypsum Quarry, and thought I was pretty cool for busting some heads over there. The "blind" deathclaws weren't much of a challenge though,. Gotta check this out, if only for the power armor.

Does it strip your agility? Cause I like the current t-51lb that I got off the Brotherhood because it's +2 to str, 40 to rads and no AGL loss.

your info is wrong. the t-51b power armor is a +1 to strength, 25 to rad resistance, no agility loss, and a DT of 25

the Remnant's power armor had a DT of 28, +1 to strength, 15 to rad resistance, and no agility loss

so, the remnant's PA is better DT wise, and if i wanted rad resistance i'd put on a space suit.
ladyflames

Post » Sun May 09, 2010 9:53 am

There are many, many mistakes and misprints in the strategy guide . . . I guarantee this is one of them. Deathclaw Alpha Male should read "28", not "18". Deathclaw mother is wrong as well.
kyle pinchen

Return to Fallout: New Vegas