Descent compatibility packages

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:42 am

As a veteran Descenter, modder, and community member, it really irks me that some people here have broken into D2X-XL and DxX-Rebirth "camps" treating each other with animosity and blatant disrespect.

Begging Fallouts?Chris' forbearance, I have something to say to those engaging in the 'drama':

GROW UP.

Honestly, some of the dialogue I've seen in here is starting to read like the inane arguments made on a 3rd grade playground. What is wrong with you guys?! Are you so ungrateful that you have forgotten that Zico and Diedel have provided us with the benefits of their work free of charge, and using their own time and money?

I don't care who said what, which version gave you problems, or why you think you have reason to bash someone on a public forum.

• If you enjoy D2X-XL, then play it. (I do.)

• If you enjoy DxX-Rebirth, then play it. (I do.)

• If you have a technical problem, suggestion, or complaint, take it up in the appropriate forum (XL/Rebirth).

• If you think you can make a better Descent compatibility mod package, then do it.

• If you appreciate the value of freely-distributed software, then make a donation.

• Otherwise, keep your mouth shut and just enjoy the fact that we are fortunate enough to have these resources.

Personally, I'd like to thank both creators for their work. Very few classic games have such a dedicated community of players. Even fewer have the benefit of a choice between two amazing packages keeping the game alive.

------------------------------------

[To Fallouts?Chris: I hope responses in here will be more civilized than some of the other recent threads. However, if not, I'd appreciate a swift thread-lock.]
Kelvin Diaz

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:10 pm

x2
NEGRO

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:38 am

I completely agree with you Foil, couldn't be better said.

Both projects are great and we should support both because there's the fact that they bring the game alive even on new times like today when IMHO there are not much great games like Descent was back on its time. It's a blessing to find so good programs to play a good old game today.

And BTW before anything else could be said, i also know the 'drama' (as foil said) from years ago (even before obi's or kaizer's appearing on the DBB) pretty much, and i even participated on those old nasty fights.

And if ppl are having personal problems (be it with Diedel or Zico) don't let that plague to invade places like this. What you should be looking for rather than personality problems is for the projects itself: doesn't matter who made them, support XL and Rebirth just 'cause of the fact we can enjoy our favorite game of all times. :)

(and BTW, Diedel directed that person to the XL installation instructions and a topic on XL forums that talks about how to extract using WinRAR the main data from the SOW, and that works for ALL versions including even DosBox. I use that method to extract data sometimes for Rebirth also) Visit my website: http://www.pumosoftware.co.nr
and my forums: http://3d-get.de/pumosoft/forum/
There you'll find info about Pumo Mines (my Descent2/D2X-XL mission & mod project)
Quick draw II

Return to Othor Games