Descent 2 - Getting it working?

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:07 pm

I apologise if this sounds like a newbie question, but I'm absolutely desperate to play Descent 2 again! I've been very fortunate to find a nice version of Descent 1 that lets me play the game successfully without limiting its features or changing the game I know and love.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck finding ways of getting Descent 2 working. The game just doesn't seem to start up at all. Do any of you out there have any tips or tricks on how you got your Descent 2 working on your computers? I'm using Windows XP with an nVidia 7600 GT card, if that helps any.

Thanks guys! :)
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:20 pm

You can go....

HERE! http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/
Descent Rebirth- It keeps as close to the original game as possible including the graphics, but you can kick that up a notch if you want to help blend Descent's textures.

OR HERE! http://www.descent2.de/d2x.html
D2X-XL- Full overhaul of Descent! Includes wacked out graphics and effects, and more! If you are going to fight a war, do it efficiently, unremittingly, or don't do it at all--I'm not into ethics, I'm into efficiency.--Benjamin St. John "Descent" by Peter Telep
Gavin boyce

Post » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:00 am

Thank you very much! The first link you gave me worked perfectly! :)
Sammie LM

Post » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:46 am

TFMF,

D2X-XL will give a host of new features, liked colored lighting, hires textures, hires models, effects (smoke, lightning, light trails, coronas), etc. etc. If you would like Descent looking like a halfway modern game, try D2X-XL. Image
Descent 1 & 2 for Windows, OS X & Linux
Only a dead troll is a good troll.
Jason White

Return to Othor Games