descent 4 should it be like descent 1 @ 2 or 3?

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:30 am

i personally think that descent 4 should be like the first 2 games of the series. i love those games to death and still play them both to this day. i cant say the same about the third 1 though. i LOVE the first 2 games and i think descent 4 should be along the same lines of the first 2 but with upgraded graphics and etc obviously. what are your thoughts on this?
suzan

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:48 am

I agree that one and two were the best of the series, but Descent 3 has some contributions that could be valuable to Descent IV as well.

As long as the gameplay is more like the former and the weapon balance is actually balanced then I'm sure it will be a good Descent. A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
phil walsh

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 am

well, multiplayer MUST be like D3, the Singleplayer is harder to decide, because the Story of D1+D2 is ended in D3 there is a problem to bring up a Story like this.

I personally would like a complete remake of all the D1 and D2 missions, maybe additional to a new Story....

but when i think about the ending od D3, what comes next? Maybe a Tournament,
playing CTF,Entropy, Monsterball, Hoard an Anarchy against Bots like in UT maybe could be nice too.

or u have to fight against other things than robots.....
like fighting down rebells or something, as a specialforce, all around the world...
there are many ways.
Only looking for keys is annoying, and nobody will play that in our time, exept the fans like us.

and what are you thinking about a completly free ship configuration?
Maybe with aditional Pont rewards for sucessfull missions in the SP
In MP a fix amount of Points

30 Points for the Ship

Agility = X
Speed = X
Shield = X
Energy = X
Armory Size = X'
(Shield reload Speed = X)
(Energy reload Speed = X)
(Max Gunpoints = X)

Primary Weapons : 50 Points
(for each wepaon like below)
Projektile Speed = Y1
Energy Usage/Magazine capacity (Vauss MD)= Y2
Firerate = Y3
Range = Y4
Damage = Y5
Using "Y6" of "X" available Gunpoints (needs (Y1+Y2+Y3+Y4+Y5)*Y6 Points

Secondray Weapons: 50 Points
(for each wepaon like below)
Speed = Z
Range = Z
Damage = Z
Firerate = Z
Magazine Capacity = Z' ((X' * (weapon based formula))+(Z' *(weapon based formula))

it may be hard to balance but if it works it could be nice

yeah there ar many ideas, but lets hope they ask us what we want, before they start to develop D4
Alister Scott

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:31 pm

I'll say, the SP should follow a good storyline and use different elements like D3. Descent 1 and 2 are REAL joy to play, I won't argue with that... But doing the same thing all the time is somewhat boring after a while... And fighting with the bots like a MP match is not necessary to be the main SP Campaign, but can be done like a separate "Multiplayer Practice" mode?

My idea is to use at least the key sequence for optimal objectives. The keys would be around the mine, yet they are NOT mission-critical unless stated at the briefing, yet they give you access to some auxiliary facilities of the mine where you can do something (Like destroy some critical gear, use a computer terminal, etc.) which, in turn makes your job easier... Descent 3 did it at some levels (Level 15, MatCen sequence) which I enjoyed a lot :D

Hehe who wouldn't like that! :D:D DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, HIT YOUR BURNERS, PILOT!! (FreeSpace 2, The mission with the SF Mara fighter, Beginning...)
Chloe Mayo

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:33 pm

How about they don't make it like any of the originals, and just make it look awesome?

And none of those point and stats crap. Just have unlockable ships like D3 but way more of them of varying abilities and payloads.
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:54 am

Agree, but the Basic elements (Primarys and Secondarys,Trichording,6DF) must be in D3.
but i'd like something completely new.....
Marcia Renton

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

You can't have it completely different, otherwise it wouldn't be Descent. It needs to retain enough of the feel of the originals while adding new features to update it to today's technology. A massive thank you to EA for:
Melis Hristina

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 pm

IF there is ever a Descent 4, it should be true to its' roots...

- Trichording
A given!

- Controls:
Keyboard ONLY
Keyboard and Joystick
Keyboard and Mouse

- Single Player and Multiple Player Modes.
All single player levels including any add-on packs should be playable in cooperative mode.

---

One thing that I would like to see left out... Bullet Trains that are faster than supersonic jet fighters.

This ruined the beginning of the 4th level in Single Player in Descent 3 for me. The rest of the level was great!

---

- Descent 1 and 2:

This keycards and the exit to the mines added to the excitement.

Often I found myself locating the EXIT before attempting to blow up the mines' generator.

Mercury missile (although rare) was an excellent secondary weapon.

- Descent 3:

The prison level with the various keycards was very interesting.

I liked many of the puzzles in Descent 3 except for the lava one with the switch on the inside of one of the three lava pumps. Like the ones to turn off Enemy Ship Machens.

Fusion weapon was too powerful if charged... I never liked 1 hit kill primary weapons... 1 hit kill secondary weapons are fine.

Napalm primary gun was a joke... So I often would disable the Napalm gun but leave in the Napalm tanks! (Hehehe! Napalm Tanks without the Napalm Gun = unusable.)

I did the same on the Mass Driver (Mass driver ammo without a Mass Driver)... Hated getting hit by the Mass Driver weapon due to massive bounce when hit... Nothing like getting bounced off a wall and before you could get reoriented getting fragging bounced by the Mass Driver again! DOH!

The Black Shark Missile would have been fine IF one on all ships but sadly the Magnum in multiplayer with 5 Black Shark Missiles = NO Skill kills since one could fire one after the other and not even have to hit their target to get kills... Especially if one knew the general area where the enemy was located. (Steel Vapor for example on the upper or lower level.)

:oops:
Andrew

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:15 am

What I would like to know is an ETA of Descent 4, the death of D3 Online multiplayer once Parallax servers went offline was a sad sad sad day for me. D3 Multiplayer was the only game I played. I even tried using the Vortex servers that went up after Parallax went down but it wasnt something u could just log in and know u'd find loads of ppl online.... Gimme D4!!!!! cant wait!!!!
Robyn Howlett

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:18 am

your going to have to wait or grow some patience my friend LOL. Nice to see you on the boards
Michelle davies

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:53 pm

contrary to what most of you say, i preferred D3 over 1 and 2. Dont get me wrong, the first two were great, but i often found myself just trying to beat the game only out of the fact that i hadnt beat it yet. they were too repetitive. on the other hand, just the way it felt was very awesome compared to d3. but D3 had more things to do, better AI, better storyline, better objectives (compared to find the key and blow up reactor), graphics, MULTIPLAYER, scripting, the OUTSIDE factor. i think D3 was an excellent game with just an assload of potential.

$0.02 Image
Give us a D4 beta
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Descent "X" should stand on it's own merit

D1+D2+D3+ darkness from DOOM3 + Horror from FEAR = Descent "X"
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:36 am

I don't see why you're whining about the last 3 Descent game's multiplayer - every single one of them to this day can be played online.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:41 am

Do not, I repeat, do not add the horror elements into Descent 4. In my opinion it almost ruined Doom 3 (it was an awesome game, but not really Doom anymore). Some dark sections would be okay, but don't do the entire game that way please. A massive thank you to EA for:
kasia

Return to Othor Games