did i just mess up?

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:13 pm

all right dudes . . i just beat the story and lvld my dude all the way up and now i cant continue playing anymore?? did i do something wrong? or can i not keep playing with my guy like fallout 3? Whats up with that? and i also just downloaded dead money so i cant use my charcter for that eather?? come on wtf guys?? whats going on with that?
NeverStopThe

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:30 am

Oh dear god... it was free to be known for months before release that the game would end and that no DLC would undo that.
Louise Lowe

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:24 pm

The game ends. Countless interviews with the developers have confirmed it. There's a text box before the last quest that says that the game is drawing to a close and it allows you to stop where you are and do side quests before you choose to end the game...
Nicola

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:25 am

You forgot to read the message that pops up telling you the game is about to end. Don't worry, apparently you're not the only one. Did you have any previous saves, or did you rely on quicksaves?
Jordan Fletcher

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Please, for the love of science, do NOT start raging at the devs like so many others, please just say, "Oh, okay, I guess I will start a new character. Thanks."
I will love* you forever.

(*like)
Monika

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:49 pm

This is sad. A pop up appear telling you you can no longer play if you continue past this point. They told you this before teh release of the game. So many people have made threads about his in the forums. Sheesh deal with it, stop complaing and deal with it.
Benjamin Holz

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:19 am

:facepalm: :sigh: Another person complaining about his own stupidity please learn to read its quite fun actually.There is a pop up saying this is the point of no return if you want to do anything make a save and do it before this let me guess you clicked yes without reading it because U wAnT 2 PlAy tEh GaMeZ ? am i right
Leah

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Just :facepalm:
BaNK.RoLL

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:20 am

...I'm not really sure what to say anymore. There's a pretty clear pop-up that appears before the final quest and it's written in a way that doesn't leave much room for misinterpretation. If you skipped it it's your fault. Seriously, reloading a save is not that complicated.
dell

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Again, Obsidian, make the pop-up window before the final quest non-clickable for at least a minute. (That's: 60 whole seconds, no less.)
Leilene Nessel

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Again, Obsidian, make the pop-up window before the final quest non-clickable for at least a minute. (That's: 60 whole seconds, no less.)

And make it all flashy and stuff.
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:13 am

wow can really feel the empathy towards your fellow man here..
Rik Douglas

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:09 am

all right dudes . . i just beat the story and lvld my dude all the way up and now i cant continue playing anymore?? did i do something wrong? or can i not keep playing with my guy like fallout 3? Whats up with that? and i also just downloaded dead money so i cant use my charcter for that eather?? come on wtf guys?? whats going on with that?

I think what people are trying to say in a not so polite way is that several people already made posts about this and that it is expected to be changed following the release of a DLC. Anyway, like some more helpful members said your best option will be to load an earlier save or start a new playthrough.
Amiee Kent

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Agh. I disagree :stare: I don't wanna have to sit for a whole minute just cause some other people don't read! It's like Mars making bags of M 'n' M's smaller to try fight obesity! [/tantrum]

I get twitchy waiting a few seconds for web pages to load. They should just make it fill the entire screen and make the words lime green, and make it less writing. Like, the game is about to end, fo' realz .

*Edit* and to exit the screen, you have to click the word "end."
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:32 am

wow can really feel the empathy towards your fellow man here..

It's tiring to explain to every single OP that refuses to read the final pop-up and get's mad about it why the game ends and that the final quest means: point of no return, over and over and over again.

I understand that we all click away the pop-ups in the beginning, cause those are just tutorials, but when there hasn't been a pop-up for 20 whole hours then I'd be more inclined to read one if it pop's up: - "Hm? Pop-up? I thought I was done with all of the tutorials. What's this then? Oh... I can't go back if I accept this quest? Okay then I'll just click no and finish up the other things before starting this one then."
Ross Thomas

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:25 pm

It's tiring to explain to every single OP that refuses to read the final pop-up and get's mad about it why the game ends and that the final quest means: point of no return, over and over and over again.

I understand that we all click away the pop-ups in the beginning, cause those are just tutorials, but when there hasn't been a pop-up for 20 whole hours then I'd be more inclined to read one if it pop's up: - "Hm? Pop-up? I thought I was done with all of the tutorials. What's this then? Oh... I can't go back if I accept this quest? Okay then I'll just click no and finish up the other things before starting this one then."

oh believe me i feel that exact same way when i try to tell ppl what a broken train wreck of a game this is for some ppl and their all like nuhuh its bestest most funnest perfect game evaaa!! so yeah i understand you now..
RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:27 pm

oh believe me i feel that exact same way when i try to tell ppl what a broken train wreck of a game this is for some ppl and their all like nuhuh its bestest most funnest perfect game evaaa!! so yeah i understand you now..

Erm... That's opinion and different gameplay experience and hard/software failures.

The pop up at the end happens to everyone, that is not an opinion, what is an opinion is whether or not one likes the way the ending quest handles or not.
JD bernal

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:49 pm

yeah thats exactly the response i expected..
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:06 am

yeah thats exactly the response i expected..

So... Your "opinion" about New Vegas is fact and we're all wrong for having a different view on it?
Zualett

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:11 am

hey im not saying the game didnt have its good points but im not so blind and full of adoration for the thing that i cant see its flaws also..unlike a lot of posters i see here..i call a spade a spade..
Adrian Powers

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 am

I've never encountered any major bugs. :disguise: This is the most funnest perfect game evaaa!!
Valerie Marie

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 pm

hey im not saying the game didnt have its good points but im not so blind and full of adoration for the thing that i cant see its flaws also..unlike a lot of posters i see here..i call a spade a spade..

Can't see it's flaws?

I hate that the game is too easy cause of fixed level spawns.
I hate that Legion didn't have enough quests.
I hate that the game is too biased towards NCR.
I hate that the main quest paths are basically all the same.
I hated that Energy Weapons were underpowered.
I hate that Explosives have too many con's and not enough pro's to make up for it.

And yet, I still love the game.
I'm not blinded by anything.
It's a really good game.
It has it's downsides.
But it's not, and I quote, a "broken train wreck of a game" in my opinion.
No one is blinded by anything.
Some people's games were broken, no denying that, but that might have to do with "their" discs, consoles or computers.
The game is riddled with bugs, no denying that, but patches are coming, just have patience.
But a lot of us can play the game just fine without crashes.
A lot of us have a really good time enjoying the game, even though it's kinda unpolished.
If you can't see past it's flaws then you can't.
But just cause you can't doesn't mean everyone can't.
You're no more right in your opinion than I am in mine.
You think the game is broken, and I think it's one of the best games the past 7 years. :shrug:
biiibi

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:56 pm

i call a spade a spade..
But, it matters whether it is a ten or Jack of Spades, and whether it is from The Ultra-luxe or The Tops.

Differences do matter.
le GraiN

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:52 am

This thread has run it's course.

OP, you just have been given an oppurtunity to start a new character and approach the game with different tactics and strategy.
R.I.p MOmmy

Return to Fallout: New Vegas