A Different Land

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Jacob walked slowly through the tunnel, he had his 10mm raised. He heard voices. It was cold and damp inside. He looked around, then he activated a stealth boy as he approached a train. The voices grew louder as he approached.

((OOC: okay intro?))
Logan Greenwood

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:50 pm

OOC I wouldn't call it "surrender as we haven't really dropped all our weapons but I'd say its more like a peaceful negotiation

"I knew you'd come around Nathan, really all you have to do is carry out the mission as usual,thenyou would return to base with the rest of us where we can then use the GECK to reverse the effects ghoulifacation. Doctor Barrows will do the rest, here's a vial of modified radaway, it was developed by Doctor Barrow to stop ghoulifacation so take this and you won't degenerate any further but be warned, your resistance to radiation will diminish. You just keep going on as usual and i'll work on changing my status from prisoner to to part of the team. The reaction from people was starting to turn around, however Henry was worried that this mystery employer won't take kindly to the Enclave hijacking his operation and will employ measures to get rid of him. He and his team were wary of accepting food from strangers and was worried that they might run into trouble. Henry double checked his laser pistol, the few weapons he was allowed to keep and did a scan on the air composition, it was surprisingly rad free and he found the component of certain gases meant someone had had a fire. Fire meant people so they may be still nearby...
Luis Longoria

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:24 pm

(OOC: Your outnumbered, outgunned, and surrounded by turrets. Also, you presented yourself with a white flag. Pretty sure it's trancended negotiation and you've surrendered. Live with it)

Tom still didn't trust Henry or any of his men, but he has come to terms with the fact that he is a condescending [censored]. He walked outside the train to look around the first station. He guessed it had seen more commercial use before the war, but once it started, it became a military line across the coast. Someone, most likely the group's employer, had managed to get the train and the rest of the station up and running for their own purposes. He walked over and started to assist in hefting what he assumed were a resupply for the group, he noticed a faint shimmer of light, but he ignored it and walked over to help Demetri and the other workers.
Samantha Pattison

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Jacob looked at all the turrets as he approached the group. He raised his pistol and aimed it at one of the humans heads. Then when he took another step forward, to his horror, his foot hit a tin can sending it rolling forward.
Steve Smith

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:07 pm

Mark said, "Mark, pleased to meet you." He then felt a tin can hit his foot. Mark pulled out his Plasma Rifle and aimed it in the general direction of the can while saying, "I know that you're there, come out before the others or myself are forced to shoot."
CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 am

Starr looked up and saw she was in DC, she turned around and saw the capitol building. She looked at her clothing, the bird foot gave it away, Talon Combat Armor. She noticed she had on some ballistic goggles, a combat helmet, and had a lot of ammo and explosives on her person.

Starr was trying to figure out what was going on.

Then another Talon merc grabbed her shoulder, "Starr! What are you doing standing around?!"

She was stunned and could only open her mouth. "Follow those troops soldier!"

She quickly caught up to a group of soldiers, they looked oddly familiar, but she couldn't remember their names. She noticed the troops were following three ghouls. Somehow she knew something was going to go wrong.

After a few minutes of walking the group came up to a security door near a metro tunnel.

The door opened and her vision faded. Moments later it came back, she was hanging from the rafters of a utility tunnel from a rope. She looked down and saw the troops. One yelled up, "Hurry up and place those charges Starr!"

She started prepping a charge when she heard a scream. Startled she almost dropped the prepped charge. She heard another scream. She looked down and saw the ghouls had killed two of the troops and had cornered the last one. The last troop shot a hail of bullets from his SMG at one of the ghouls. It dropped like a sack of potatoes. It was too late for the soldier though, the last ghoul had stabbed the man in the throat with a crude sword.

Starr hadn't been paying attention to the charge, then she heard a "thunk". The room instantly lit up.

Starr jumped out of her seat in a cold sweat. She was looking around trying to find out where she was.

It was only a dream... Only a memory... She thought to herself.

She ignored any stares that were directed at her and sat back down. Trying to forget what had happened she started disassembling and cleaning her M4.
Tracey Duncan

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:44 am

Nathan was surprised by this man's generosity what with his situation but took the offered RadAway. it was incredibly difficult to trust anyone in the wasteland and Nathan knew in his gut that this would come back to bite him later but for now he could feel a warmth in his belly he had not felt in years, the chance at a new life was around the corner.
"Thank you" Nathan said quickly the relief in his eyes visible; Nathan left the area quickly lest anyone believe him linked to the group of enclave.
Silently the ceiling turret's camera recorded the entire conversation and in a far off place people conversed about dangers.
Bouncing the pack of modified radaway on his palm Nathan took stock of his situation, he was a ghoul, he had just agreed to help a group of people who if he had heard correctly earlier was hated by everyone on this train and was on train run by some faceless puppet master who had yet to shed his mask whom did not seem to like the enclave.
Nathan despaired "I'm dead arn't I?" he questioned to the paneling when a sharp mechanical noise brought his attention to the previously idle turret which was now pointed at him "I hate when I'm right" Nathan waited for the weapon to fire on him and reduce him to gibs of meat, three seconds, five seconds, twelve seconds nothing was happening Nathan decided after twenty seconds of watching his relatively long life flash before his eyes. Nathan then focused his attentions on other things that could possibly kill him, like discovery for example.
he took a second look at the package of Radaway and was greeted with an unfortunate surprise, enclave insignia all over the bag of the drug, pulling out his knife Nathan used all the skill he had gained skinning various creatures of the wastes in hopes to get at their innards to remove the obvious marks and stickers on the bag, then taking the now peeled Radaway package Nathan placed it in his bag, the thing already being waterproof he did not need to worry about this "Florida" place ruining it jungles he had heard were quite wet.
Nathan had considered using the Radaway immediately but remembered the Enclave man, Henry thats what his name was, had mentioned something about being weakened to radiation Nathan was on a dangerous journey that would likely take him to places chock full of the stuff and he preferred having the option of going into places that the Smoothskins could not, never mind the fact that ingesting things that he did not trust much struck sour with him, he'd ask them man for proof of the procedures effectiveness later on the trip. Placing his bag back on the luggage rack he leaned and made his best attempt to fall asleep in his chair.
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 am

Jacob didn't move but knew if he didn't surrender he was outnumbered. Jacob raised his pistol and deavtivated the stealth boy. Jacob smiled and said "What's up? How come I wasn't invited to this party? I had to invite myself!" He laughed at his own joke as he kept his pistol aimed at the man with the plama rifle's head. Jacob began trying to think of a way to talk himself out of this situation.
Laura Richards

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:26 pm

OOC the Enclave never surrenders! :gun: and I'm using the background of the rp "the holdout"

There was a commotion outside and Henry watched the face off, "Hey if he somehow found this train, we shouldn't let him go off and tell someone else so welcome aboard, so let's keep him here!" He turned back to his work, Henry was crafting some things with some junk he found laying around with the help of the famed manual How to be a better Soldier Henry had the book ever since he could remember joining the Enclave. Henry was making his laser rifle more advanced and deadlt out of the workbench on the train whom its previous occupant had left some helpful tools. Finally after a bit of work Henry assembled 2 and he decided to further improve his relations with the train passengers and offered weapon upgrades, at a price of course " 50 caps each, anyone?"
Campbell

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Starr locked the trigger mechanism of her M4 back into place. She looked up and noticed a man from Talon Company, she was a little surprised to see one of them, but was more surprised to see he had surrendered.

"Let him on, but I won't have anything to do with him," she said, a bit of shakeyness still in her voice.
Georgia Fullalove

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:02 am

Demetri nodded, "Let him on," Demetri said, "One false move though you're leaving this train, if it is moving or not, same for you lot over there." mentioning the enclave soldiers. Demetri sighed, going to the door of the train we put his head out and spotted the driver, "Will we be leaving soon?" he asked, "Your employeer will most likely want his G.E.C.K as soon as possible."
"Yeh soon, ye just hang there mate," the man replied, "We will be off soon ye hear."
Roisan Sweeney

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Jacob smiled at the girl and said "What's up?" He smirked and then looked at the others, "Um, why in the world would I want to board that train? Yeah, um, my answer is no. I just came for a certain person named Demetri then I'll be on my way." He smiled and looked at the others then he joking waved to the Enclave soldiers and said "What's up, having fun?"
Jamie Lee

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:03 am

Demetri came to attention, "What for?" Demetri asked, he knew it couldn't be anything good, maybe vengence for the amount of times he screwed black talon missions up. getting up he strod over to the man and looked down upon him, "Care to explain?"
Dean Brown

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:12 pm

"Don't listen to him, just get him out of here," Starr said in a serious tone.

She knew all to well that Talon Company didn't send their men out to have a friendly chat, someone was usually left with a bullet in their head.
Johanna Van Drunick

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:59 am

"I'll be fine," Demetri said, "I've had worse problems." He was slightly nervous, an armed man who was from the blacktalon company wasn't the best person to be confronting, he gripped his pistol tighter, though still keeping his finger of the trigger, last thing he wanted was an accidental discharge. Looking at Starr, "Know anything about him?"
Laura Mclean

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:01 pm

"Not much, he's good at assassination, Talon Company doesn't send a one man army unless he's good at what he does."

Starr grabbed her M4 and walked over to Demetri and the new threat.
Grace Francis

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:39 pm

"you know, I had the exact same feeling," Demetri agreed, pulling up his pistol he pointed it at his chest, "Though I guess the best can screw up." He kept his eye on him.
FITTAS

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:10 am

Mark holstered his Plasma Rifle, but kept his eyes open as this man seemed even less trustworthy than the Enclave soldiers plus he was probably here for a hit on Dmitry so he probably wasn't interested in leaving witnesses.
Steve Smith

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Tom finshed loading boxes, the sleeves of his charmer jacket rolled up as he walked back to the entrance to the train. He noticed the new guy, and judged by his armor he was another Talon Company merc. Tom didn't like that. Any time he met a Talon out in the wastes, they were trying to kill him, or someone nearby. Two of them on one train didn't sit well with him. Starr however seemed different to Tom, less blood-thirsty from what he had seen, but this new guy had an air of someone who reveled at death, and thus he was good at killing. Without comment, Tom walked over, stopping a few feet behind Demetri a bit to the left and pulling his rifle, his position giving him a perfect shot at the Talon Company Mercenary.
sw1ss

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:49 am

"Guys I really don't want to make a mess, 'cause whatever mess I make, I gotta clean up, and I'm not in the mood for that. Why do people make this harder than it needs to be?" He smiled at Starr and said "Oh course, I could always make an exception about who I kill..." He laughed then he said "Then again..." and pointed his pistol away from demetri and towards Star. He looked at Demitri "I could kill her first if that's what you want..." He smirked. "Who's it gonna be, you or her?"
Charity Hughes

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:54 am

"Kill her, I kill you," Demetri said, "Or kill me and she kills you, no one is fast enough to take out both of us, then there is everyone else around." Demetri frowned, he didn't really either to die, he just hoped his bluff isn't caught, "Who is your employeer?" Demetri asked, "The company, or an outside contract?"
krystal sowten

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:48 pm

"You know, maybe for the right price I could tell you..." He smiled, Jacob wasn't loyal to anyone, except the people with the caps. He smiled but kept his pistol aimed at Star's head. "So you wanna know or not, because for a small price of about 1,500 caps I could tell you." He knew that was riduculously high, but he wanted to find out how bad this guy wanted to know.
Sammi Jones

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Demetri shrugged, "Not important," Demetri said, "I was slightly hoping if I found out early I could deal with it early, if your employeer is really wanting me dead, I'm sure any future would be assassins will tell me." Demetri looked grim faced at the merc, "Also get the gun out her face, she is not even your target," Demetri looked annoyed, the train had stopped and his mission could end before it really started, "Do you always pick on the women?"
louise hamilton

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Mark saw what happened and once again pulled out his Plasma Rifle and said, "Harm either of them, and I will end you."
Robert Jr

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Jacob smiled and lowered his gun, "Fine I'll leave her alone. But lets play a little game..." Jacob slowly pulled a pin off a grenade on his belt. "Catch!" He yelled as he threw it towards them. He dove behind some cover, dropping his gun on accident, as the grenade hurdled towards the others. He smiled knowing that he might have just finished his job.
Kelsey Anna Farley

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion