A Different Land

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Daniel figured that his weapons would be taken away the moment he was to walk in so he took a different route into the town. Daniel climbed up the back of the high walls and dropped down in the back of the town as no one was looking, he quickly snuck into the back of the saloon and sat down at the bar to have a drink. "Get me a cold one." he said hoping that someone would tell him what to do next.
Gen Daley

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:10 am

Mark hadn't gotten a word out of anybody, so he decided to lean next to a Ghoul who had entered the saloon as he waited for the mysterious employer to arrive. As he waited, more people came in, including a woman wearing Talon Combat Armor but with the insignia scratched out enter the saloon. She didn't look like she'd cause much trouble, but Mark made sure his weapons were loaded in case there was trouble. He then said to the Ghoul next to him, "I'm guessing you got the notice as well. So what's your particular area of expertise, mine's biology?" As he looked around, he could feel the tense air that enters a room right before a fight.
Sam Parker

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Zero walked into the saloon, and looked around to see the people inside. Adventurers, mercs, the usual scum at a pub. He read his note and thought to himself, "I wonder what the pay is...". He put on his eyebot helmet, knowing you'd be pretty dumb to steal something off a mans head in the public. He sat down and polished Crack, his sniper rifle, "C'mon, i'm waiting for ya'...".
Angela Woods

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Starr noticed the tension rise in the saloon. She took mental note of the man that had put his pistol out in front of him.

A few more minutes passed and Starr was getting tired of waiting. She started tapping her fingers against her legs.
OJY

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:15 pm

[deleted]
Tyrone Haywood

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Demetri looked towards the stairs as he noticed a very old women coming down the stairs, she stopped at the bottem, "Ah, I see you've arrived, you possibly wondering why you are here, yes?" she said, "What pay you are getting, and what you are doing." she paused to allow those to come to terms with what she said, and most of them seemed to agree, "My employeer knows about you all, who you are, who you were, some of you want money, some tech and the others knowledge." Demetri looked at her, "So are employeer still hides his face?" he asked, "Why yes dear, they don't need to be here do they." she smirked.

"lets get down to what you will be doing," the old women said, "You will form an exhibition to the south, to the former state of Florida." Almost all the occupants looked arounda t each, wondering if they knew anything. "What are we after?" One of the hired hands asked.
"A GECK, my employeer has located a vault, Vault 41, it was used to store flora to plant after the war, but their GECK went haywire, and the location of the vault is lost, so you are to find it."

Demetri wondered for a second, "I agree to this, but whats the pay? You can't expect us to work for free?" he said, she had another smile, "Yes Dearie, what ever you want, aslong as it's in an agreeable price, and you won't get it until your return." Demetri sighed, "Fine." He wondered what the others will say.

((Thought I would push the story forward))
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Mark thought about the fact that this old woman may have been withholding important information from them because they were considered expendable, but said, "Ok, we have a deal.
:)Colleenn

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Takashi said, "Did she say tech," he put on his gas mask and pulled out his Desert eagle, "okay I'm in." Takashi loved the sound of tech, especially Vault-Tech. "Vault technology is some of the most advanced pre-war technology there is." Takashi thought, "With all that tech left in that Vault, I could make millions selling in to the New Soviet Union in Russia. They need more tech than they have already, and Vault technology is good for starting a new community." Takashi checked his guns to make sure they were in working order, and then checked his melee weapons to make sure they were far from breaking. Takashi found his wallet and looked in it, empty. He asked,"When do we leave?"
Louise

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:06 pm

As Greg finished listening to the old lady's announcement, he instantly made up his mind.

Tech? check
Caps? check
Crazy adventure into the unknown? Total check!

"I'm in," he cackled wildly, thoughts swirling madly of the possibilities.
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:26 am

Starr let a small smile creep across her face.

She thought to herself, Now this, this is a job!

"Do you know what it's like down there? What lives down there?" Starr asked the old woman.
Syaza Ramali

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:25 pm

"Of course I'm in." said Rice. He was up for another adventure, and caps.
Hot

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 pm

The old women turned to the female merc, "Why of course not young lady, why do you think we are sending you?" she replied. Demetri groaned, "Gob give me another whiskey," Demetri demanded, "Sure you want another Green? You've already had two," the ghoul said.
"Hell with it, I need it."
"okay then."
"Give me a bottle as well to take on this godforsaken trip."

Gob gave Demetri his whiskey which was downed instantly, "When do we leave?" Demetri asked. "In an hour, head south, a few miles past Andale," the women replied
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Starr nodded.

"I'm in," She said.

With that Starr went out the door to get her weapons from Sheriff Simms.

After picking up her things she went and bought some more ammo for her M4, and then went outside Megaton's gate.
Eliza Potter

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:42 am

Takashi jetted out the door and headed for the gate running as fast as he could. "This is going to be so awesome! New tech and new lands!" Takashi bumped into a lot of civilians on his way to the gate. He bursted through the gate and noticed a girl standing there. "Hey I remember you from the bar. Names Takashi and yours?"
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:43 pm

"Names Starr," she paused for a moment, "What are you in this expedition for?"

She walked over to a rock and sat down. She looked through her pack one last time to see if she had forgotten anything, or rather if Simms had taken something.
Nicole Mark

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 am

Demetri grabbed his bottle of whiskey from the bar and into his pack, and holstered his pistol, leaving the bar he shouted a bye to Gob and made his way to his home. It wasn't much of a home, he shared it with a few other wastelanders. Kneeling down next to a large footlocker he opened it up, "Well girl, looks like we have a job finally," he said to the item in the locker, a minigun. Grabbed the gun and slingling the Ammo pack over his shoulders and latching the gun onto it's holder, he left the building and made his way towards the entrance of megaton, "What am I getting myself into?" Demetri thought.

Making his way out the front gate he noticed the youngster and the female, placing himself just under the cover of the engine which opened megaton's gates he eyed the women, making sure she didn't do anything to backstab the party.
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:42 am

"I'm on this expedition to take the old tech there and return to Russia. I'm going to sell it so Russia can restart the New Soviet Union, like from the old history books." Takashi said, "I happen to be from Russia, Takashi is just my codename. My real name is Ivan, but all of my friends call me either Ollie or Ahhzzy." Takashi said, "I use that Takashi so if anyone ever hunts me down, there looking for not Ollie." Takashi put away his crowbar and sat down on the opposite rock.
Skivs

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Starr listened to Takashi for a bit, but she noticed the man that had his pistol out at the bar was eyeing her again.

She laughed to herself.

((OOC: I'll be gone for a bit, just consider my character in cruise mode.))
Claire Vaux

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Mark walked outside Megaton and waited by the gate for the others. He thought, "A mission to an unknown area to find a piece of Pre-War technology for a mysterious employer, well it sounds fishy, but at least I'll get to catalouge the creatures we come across." He noticed one of the mercs talking to the woman wearing Talon Combat Amor and decided to walk over to them, hoping that they'd probably be more friendly than the other mercs he tried to talk to.
Kate Schofield

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Jak listened to the Women and casually walked out to the front of Megaton. He noticed many Mercs and others were already there. He saw three talking nearby. He was wondering what was he going to have to fight. It would probably be nothing like the creatures in the Capital Wasteland. He decided to lean against the wall, waiting to see if anyone would approach him to talk.
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Starr decided it would be a good idea to catch a few ZZZ's before the group took off. She stood up and made her way over to the wall and laid down a few yards from the man with the mini-gun.
Dalia

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Nathan could say right now that trying to think out all possible reactions to a response is difficult.
When the man had leaned next to him and started asking questions about his profession Nathan was trying his best not to come back with a snipe about being several times older then everyone in the bar and intelligence was his game or that he raised roaches for a living and herded them like brahmin or some other equally crazed thing bathed in sarcasm but then he also knew that if a fight started he would be the one holding the bag when the sheriff came no matter who started it so he thought his response carefully.
"I'm a cartographer I-" and sadly the rest of his carefully constructed response was interrupted by some old bat acting like a witch out of a pre-war fantasy with vague answers and promises of "anything" immediately Nathan did not like this woman.
considering what he would want he questioned if the woman would simply skip out of town once she had finished speaking, this entire job stank of half-truth admittances and just thinking of the possible things that could happen with trusting some faceless person for a trip to another entire portion of the world was astronomical just thinking of them made him grip tighter on his knife. he remembered one story out in the wastes about a man who had lead a caravan of twenty people right into the waiting arms of slavers by making promises quite similar he couldn't help but remember something he had assisted in.
wanting to get some answers he pushed off the bar wall and watched the woman as people began streaming out of the bar in small groups. feeling safe to speak his mind now as the group was no longer ready to start a bar fight he walked over.
summoning all of his skill at the art of bluntness Nathan spoke
"Miss I do not particularly know what your employer wants out of that vault but I do know what your saying is not likely what you mean."
he paused for a moment the catch his breath then continued in his rasping tone
"What I would like to know is what type of terrains we will encounter there as I somehow doubt the clothing I currently have is suitable for what you seem to have set out for us here."
Nathan waited for an answer for the woman he had taken to mentally calling Crone as the rest of the bar continued with light conversation and the clink of glasses as Gob tried to look busy but was quite obviously watching what would happen to Nathan what with being a Ghoul and all.
Max Van Morrison

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:36 pm

"Of course, it's a jungle out there," the old women smiled, "If you don't know what that is, you soon will, now off you go zombie, I've got other things to do," The women left the ghoul in in silence and left the saloon.

((OOC: If you want, characters that are brought into to discuss with the group can be controled in the future.))

Demetri looked at the female merc lay down and seem to doze off, he eased slightly, if she is asleep less problems. Sitting down on the sand he watched the desert, he honestly wanted to get moving, the adventure was sort of enticing, it's not everyday you get a job like this.

Seeing one fo the others come out, he looked at him, "What do you think of this?" he asked, "Can we really trust that women, she did say the price was our choosing, not everyday you get made an offer like that, it's usually set."
luis ortiz

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Name: Tom Miller

Race: Cacuasian

Looks: About 6'0 and 180 lbs, Tom is muscled, but only from doing the things he has needed to do to survive. He has light brown hair, cut with a knife out of his eyes, away from his ears, and close to his neck. His hair is only really there to protect his head from point-blank radiation. His eyes are a woody-green color, with flecks of brown in them. His face is hardened, but you can still see the young man he should have been. As most Wastelanders go, he is fairly handsome. Scars cover much of his body, and there is a small one going from his right eyebrow up to his forehead, near his ear.

Major Skills: Small Guns, Explosives, Repair

Minor Skills: Lockpick, Science, and Medicine

Equipment: Merc Charmer Outfit, Headwrap, Sunglasses, Combat Knife (hidden in left boot), Sawed-Off Shotgun (right hip), Chinese Assualt Rifle, small bag with one syringe of Med-X, one bottle of Buffout, an inhaler of Jet, and a dual syringe of Psycho.

Personallity: Tom is a detached person. To survive in the wasteland, you have to seperate yourself from it, and he acheives this. He does not build bonds easily, especially since anyone could die the next day. If a stranger approaches him, he will engage in conversation, but only small talk, as Tom ends it before it goes any farther. He doesn't make enemies, but he doesn't make friends either.

Bio: Tom was born in the capital wasteland to two people just trying to get by. He had a tough childhood, and when he was 14, his parents died, leaving him on his own in the world. Tom didn't want to endure another loss, so he went through his life without growing close to anyone, working as a handyman, cartographer, computer hacker, lockpicker, doctor, and mercenary. Since he was 14, he picked up skills that help him to survive in the wasteland. However, he feels he's exhausted the Capital Wasteland, and now longs to move on.

(I'll edit this with my first post later)
Code Affinity

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:34 pm

((You're in, just try and add your char in smoothly, shouldn't be to hard considering how early we are in still))
Adam Baumgartner

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion