Digital Download Common Problem?

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Bought the digital download the day before release. Downloaded it. According to some other sites this is after October the 27th date which means the file should be fine.

Tried playing it when I arrived home from work yesterday and it would not work.

Not working = Loading all the way until you tell it to start a new game. The loading screen with random facts and items to look at and read is what would come up before completely freezing and then RESTARTING the console in entirety. No errors or messages pop up as to what the problem might be, just a complete crash blow out.

Going online, it's stated that some have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I do so despite it taking eons to do so because of the file size and the download speed I have available.

I wake up this morning, turn on the system, try the game and am able to start a new game and play for 5 and a half hours.

Success!!! Right?

No. Now when I go back to continue the game it does the EXACT same thing it did previously, crashing the whole system while on the actual gameplay loading screen.

After going through troubleshooting with Xbox themselves, I was directed here, to your forums.

I have created a login and have resorted to posting here despite my utter hate of forums. I know others with physical copies have not had AS many problems, as some of my friends that have those physical copies have not had the same bad luck I have.

To pay not just 80 bucks but 120 for the season pass for a game that I have only been able to play for a few hours in the past few days has put a bad taste in my mouth. Any insight as to how to fix this or when this is going to be fixed would be great. I await your response.

Thanks

Elle H

Return to Fallout 4