Dinner Bell shotgun AP cost?

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:58 pm

I was scrounging the Wikia for weapons info when I came across something odd about the Dinner Bell shotgun. Where the AP cost was supposed to be, there was a '-' instead: http://gyazo.com/8813b67d0cba4296e97b9f94e70b9684.png

I don't have the shotgun myself, so I was wondering if someone who has it could fire a round in VATS and tell me how much it uses.

Thanks in advance,
- TBD
Chase McAbee

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:50 pm

That's funny. I thought since the Wiki obviously had no idea that the ap cost was, I'd check the game guide. It doesn't say "-", it says "0". Somebody geckifiy this please?

-Gunny out.
Natalie J Webster

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Ha, just imagine it having a 0 AP cost. :P Then you'd just need a buttload of ammo and you're golden!
Mackenzie

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 pm

Funny, the GECK does seem to say 0. More specifically, each weapon has on Override checkbox for Action Points beside the box to specify the AP cost. This is one of two weapons that doesn't have the box checked, and has a greyed-out '0' for the value. The other weapon with a zero is an unplayable version of the anti-materiel rifle.

Not having an override value for AP probably means that the gun uses some default base value, but I don't know what that might be.

I don't have this weapon--maybe someone could test it in-game and see how much AP it uses?
Prohibited

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Well, this was an interesting experiment.

I have no perks affecting AP cost but I do have Nerves of Steel so it was difficult getting a reading before they started to regenerate. My best guess is 23 or 24 AP per shot.

Firing one shot I got a variance from 23 to 31 (Don't ask. I have no idea)

Firing 2 shots it was pretty consistent at 46, or 23/shot

Firing 5 shots it averaged around 124, or 24.8/shot

However, with 192 total AP I could never get more than 7 shots. There was some left over, but never enough for another shot. I couldn't fire off more than 5 rounds at mu target and I wasn't going to scrounge around looking for more.

One thing which might have been messing with things: I don't know if AP regenerates while in VATS.
He got the

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:49 am

Well, this was an interesting experiment.

I have no perks affecting AP cost but I do have Nerves of Steel so it was difficult getting a reading before they started to regenerate. My best guess is 23 or 24 AP per shot.

Firing one shot I got a variance from 23 to 31 (Don't ask. I have no idea)

Firing 2 shots it was pretty consistent at 46, or 23/shot

Firing 5 shots it averaged around 124, or 24.8/shot

However, with 192 total AP I could never get more than 7 shots. There was some left over, but never enough for another shot. I couldn't fire off more than 5 rounds at mu target and I wasn't going to scrounge around looking for more.

One thing which might have been messing with things: I don't know if AP regenerates while in VATS.

Just checked it out. I FORCEAVed my action points up from 20 until it fired, then tested for multiple shots. 25 on the money. 2 shots = 50. Anyone know/care how to change the wiki?

-Gunny
Mashystar

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Just checked it out. I FORCEAVed my action points up from 20 until it fired, then tested for multiple shots. 25 on the money. 2 shots = 50. Anyone know/care how to change the wiki?

-Gunny

That brings up a sore point with me.

I decided this year to contribute to the Vault for FONV. It's a little Wild West at the moment. Many of the articles are in flux with changes being made willy-nilly. I'm fine with that. My problem is when an admin comes in and takes a hatchet to a page without rhyme, reason or explanation.

I know the admins are busier than a cat trying to cover crap on a marble floor but that's no excuse to bulldoze contributors who take the time and trouble to create content. It's rude in the least and insulting.

I'm done for a while.
Esther Fernandez

Return to Fallout: New Vegas