Disappearing NPCs

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Having a few problems with some Construction Set basics.

I decided to make Dura Gra Bols house my base and added in the Creep Merchant to the house via the CS to keep my stuff. This was great for a while but a few days ago, he just disappeared. I can't find him at all. Tried using detect creature etc but no luck. When I open the file in the CS, he's still there but not when I play the game. It's abit annoying as he was holding onto pretty much all the treasure I'd collected during the game. I've added in a new Creeper but he doesn't have all my old treausure. Anyone know how to solve this?

Another problem I had was with GHostwhowalks Mannequins from the Abandoned Flat mod. I've added in 8 or so Mannequins to model my spare armour. In the CS, they're all present and correct, at varying points around the house but when I actually play the game, only one of them is still present.

Are there any possible solutions to these?

Thanks
Nuno Castro

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Well, if you made changes to a cell, and loaded that changed cell into an old savegame, this can happen due to the localref problem, which will manifest itself in that situation by missing or duplicate items.

The best thing to do is to avoid making cell changes to a plugin when you are reloading that plugin with a particular savegame.

Or else make all your changes, then start a new game. If you do start a new game, and the cell looks fine, then this is one way to confirm that the problem is most likely due to localrefs.

I believe Wrye Mash also has the ability to fix this.
Chloe Lou

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks, would be great if I could fix this (I'm level 80, finished with the main quest and going through Solstheim) so setting up a nice retirement home would be awesome.
Samantha Jane Adams

Return to III - Morrowind