DLC Download/Install Information

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:21 am

Hi everyone!

We have noticed that some users are unable to download/use the DLC content in game after purchasing it. We are currently working on resolving this issue, but in the mean time here are some steps you can use to download the content outside of the game client.

1. Log into http://www.gamesas.com with the account you purchased the content on
2. Navigate to http://www.gamesas.com/store
3. In the window that appears, select Purchase History
4. You should see an entry for Crysis 2 Map Pack 1. Click on the link to dlcpack1.zip to download it
5. When the file has finished downloading you need to copy/move it into your user directory
· On Windows XP PCs this is My Documents\My Games\Crysis2\dlc
· On Windows Vista and later PCs this is Users\\Saved Games\Crysis2\dlc
(Do not attempt to unzip the file, the game client will unzip it for you)
6. When you next launch the game and log in the maps should be available in your server browser

Support
- If you have been charged for the DLC content and it does not appear in the gamesas.com Purchase History then please contact customer support.
- If the window in Step 3 asks you to sign in, please ensure you are signed in at the top right of the page. If you are and it still asks you to sign in, please use the Support Form to contact us with your account details.

Thanks,
- gamesas Team
Trish

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:58 pm

LOL @ Crytek

Good job and par for the course. Hope everyone enjoys the Crysis 2 Crap Pack 1 / DLC.

Is anyone really surprised by this? If you were naive enough to purchase this DLC, then you deserve any and all problems that are associated with it.

Truth be told, I too will purchase the DLC when and only when/if they have straightened out the other many issues with Crysis 2.

A truly shameful showing yet again.
Thomas LEON

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Hey Cry-Adam,

Any response yet to those who CANT buy the DLC Pack?

Who WANT to give you that extra $10 for those extra 4 Maps?

Of Course Not.

NoMansLand
Taylrea Teodor

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:00 am

I can't believe it Crytek. First you staight up lie to us concerning that this was a PC oriented game, you don't release DX11 and don't even tell us why, release a bug infected game, hackers and now youre charging PC gamers for a map pack. Youre loosing too much fanbase just to make a quick buck and sooner or later its going to bite you in the ass. The only thing that would fix this is "sorry about the trouble and it was all because of this... Here have a free DLC while we work on patches."
Eilidh Brian

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi all,

Im cant buy the DLC, when im ingame menu, im try to buy it but i have this message "finalization of order"

And nothing happens ...

Nobody have the same bug ?
If yes, how can we resolve it ?

Thank you
Glu Glu

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:49 am

I have a crysis 2 server and I have to say(WHAT A JOKE!!!!!)You havnt even fixed all the bugs in game now your charging for a BROKE ASS MAP PACK!!!After falling out may chair thinkin wth is wrong with this picture?Your staff hasnt even erned their money for those who bought the game!
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:21 pm

uh..... I gave my $10, and am deffenitly satisfied, the new maps are HUGE, they should have upped the player count to maybe 12v12, made it feel like a real battlefield.
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:54 am

You screw up a simple file transfer this badly, and you expect people to give you their credit card information?
James Hate

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:31 pm

oh cmon
i think many player can't buy new maps
and i'm of them
cuz there is no response to buy it cuz the game had hacked
Steeeph

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:15 am

Funny, aren't PC map packs usually free? Considering the game has yet to be completely fixed don't you think this would be the best course of action?
Jason White

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:11 pm

Omg, even when Crytek try to sell a DLC to a brand new (bug infested) game, even then they don't deliver?
So sad...
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:42 pm

.... ~~ **** with them... this isn't funny at all... you know... the pc version sales bad... that's why crytek try to leech from the other way... ~~
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:12 am

i cant even buy the pack, much less try it, or complain about it, but haters gonna hate and trollers gonna troll, so the supporters are going to have do deal with it. Personally i am a fan of all crysis games.
Lew.p

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Nice to see you guys are still around and able to post on the forums! maybe you could pop down to all the threads that are related to the bugs riddling this game and give them a nudge too (you know, the ones that havent had an update in 10+ days) I know those ones are more about helping your suffering playerbase than taking their money and forgetting about them, but I like to imagine the world is a fair place. No matter how delusional that appears to be, at times.
Taylor Tifany

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Hmmm... not the best move, charging people for the DLC. Fixy the gamey firsty!

Also, the payment method does'nt seem to be the "most secure" thing in the world, not sure if I feel comfortable given my CC# to Crytek seeing all the other issues they are having, next thing you know someone in south america is going to be playing Crysis 2 DLC on your dime!
e.Double

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:14 am

FIX THE GAME! DLC, are u kidding me? This game has potential to be great but scamming us out of dx11, bugged ass game, hackers, and now your keeping ppls credit card numbers? MAKE THE DLC FREE / fix the game, YOU WILL MAKE MORE MONEY IF YOUR SOO WORRIED ABOUT MAKING $$$ LOL. More ppl will buy the game and keep playing and maybe buy the next dlc when the game is working.
Jeff Turner

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:17 am

This is funny... Why you didn't make thread or article before release about how to buy?? Ridiculous... unbelievable... I can't understand Crytek at all. You want money. aren't you? You made thread now. But "how to buy" isn't good. Why we need to use game & browser? You can't make it only in game? And where is security?

Most of your actions are "too late", "poor", & "harassment". Both game & forums. You released just unfinished game. You spend 3.5 years for Crysis2. But it's buggy. Broken AI, some critical bugs, many small bugs. And late & half-finished patches. We haven't seen that in Farcry & Crysis. Crymod is broken, too. Still no download. WTF!? + There are some critical technical problems. You deleted Crysis patches from gamesas. What a stupid!!! No consistency, no calculatedness like kindergartener in your actions. I'm very very very very very very very sad. I supported (supporting) you eagerly from 2004, I made map site, I made fan site. But... what is this? What is current Crytek? Very very disappointing. Current Crytek is worse than amateur, worse than mod team. You lose trust and reputation of gamers day by day. It's very difficult to restore them. I'm crying...

T. tacks Rims

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:38 pm

That's great you provided instructions but please give us options to delete our credit/debit card on your website cuz i just simply don't feel comfortable having it on the website. I wanna delete it but there is no option for me to do so? Make it happen please.
Elisha KIng

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:01 pm

i cant even buy it, it says no payment method available yet i put my card on the site the game picks t up yet still no payment method available. i finally have a problem with the game please fix it crytek
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:29 pm

Ohh boy this thread will become an UBER WhiningWagon xD

They actually could make DLC distributed via online website store, instead of in game store. Simple online store script and after payment people get link to download DLC pack + instruction how to extract. The only problem is how to make game to register DLC installation and not let people use duplicated files from someone else.
Sarah Bishop

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 pm

When I read my friend's post here I decided to comment... you know... to let out a bit of my discontent regarding cryteks recent phucktardedness, but I underestimated their level of fail. I logged in with my email and it wouldn't let me see any of the forums. After a bit I figured out that I needed to log in with my gamertag so that solved that issue, but i found myself wondering... "how difficult is it, to make a working forum login?". Apparently not very difficult, because of how many forums there are. Yes, I know the people working on the website are not the same people who programmed the game, but I'm getting to that. Since all of crytek became EAs b1tches, they seem to be infected with what I like to call "Microsoft Syndrome"... that's where a software developer releases broken software and lets the people who buy it deal with beta testing it. Then they take their sweet time fixing it, possibly because of a crippling fear of happy customers, but more likely because they're working on their next piece of broken software, which they will release, and also take their sweet time fixing, while they are working on their next piece of broken software... and so on... I know this has been a long rant, but think to yourself, what would happen if the companies that make hardware followed the same example?
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Epic fail... EPIC
Cayal

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Some people can't play DLC map? lol
Peter lopez

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:28 pm

Well, I'm at least a bit interested in the maps. But as I've had already troubles with the promo-stuff which never showed up ingame, I won't buy the pack until you can use it without problems. Oh, and there would be much less people complaining in the forum, if C2-Support would answer. I contacted C2-Support more than a month ago...never got an answer.

So, maybe going to buy the map-pack, if the major issues are fixed. No sense behind buying maps, if you can't play them because of disconnect error, or the stuff simply not showing up ingame.
Katy Hogben

Post » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:39 pm

you guys rly are scum ... you relese a buggy game full of hackers refuse to give us dx11 and the rest now you want us to pay more for it ... your scum rly .. last crysis game i will ever buy
Tamara Dost

Next

Return to Crysis