Does Morrowind get better later on?

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:08 pm

So I've tried to get into Morrowind on multiple occasions. I've never gotten past the first handful of hours, and keep trying because I've heard so many good things about it. So: does it get better later on? If so, how?

Compared to Skyrim or Oblivion, is there more in-depth character interaction?

Euan

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:06 am

If you aren't grabbed by the first few hours probably the best thing I can say about it is that it gets less painful to play as your skills and stats improve.

Ymani Hood

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:40 pm

I think the main quest gets very interesting because of the people you meet, but that's only half of the reason to play Morrowind.

Like any TES game, much of the enjoyment comes just from exploring and adventuring on your own.

The start of the game, especially for new players, is usually painful and slow. Once you get a good weapon and get your skills up, you can worry less about surviving and focus more on playing.

MatthewJontully

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:45 am

I think so. But it is partly a matter of preference, I think. Some people do not care for Morrowind's "topic" system and its use of hypertext links that lead to more information. If those bother you then you may not feel that Morrowind's character interaction is "in-depth."

Generally speaking, the Elder Scrolls series is not known for its in-depth character interaction. I don't think any of them do a particularly good job of it. But I think Morrowind does it a tiny bit better than Oblivion or Skyrim.

Dean Brown

Return to III - Morrowind