I don't like the building...

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:04 pm

I like the idea of it but the application isn't fun in my opinion. Maybe because it's forced first person and just feels awkward...

Anyone have any tips for building better? I enjoy it but I don't... it just feels awkward.

Sidenote: Where do I find aluminum? that's the one thing I can never find haha

Amelia Pritchard

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 am

I think the building is outstanding, honestly. The only problem I have is that there just isn't enough GOOD quality building materials.

I understand that its a post-nuclear wasteland, but wouldn't people strive for better? Wouldn't someone figure out oh hey if I put 8 2x4's together, I could make a wall? Oh hey if I put blankets or clothing inbetween two wooden walls I can insulate?

I just want things to be flush and cherry...I should have that option and so should you! I love the building and Bethesda is amazing and the game is legit the greatest game ever (my opinion) but there are just a few kinks that need to be worked out with the building stuff!

Plus come on...someone invented drywall. In 200 years, someone would have invented it again!

Yama Pi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:42 pm

I think corvega assembly plant has a pretty good supply of aluminum. On the assembly lines there are small little caps. And then the shiny tin cans are usually aluminum cans.

I don't build often. So other can probably give you better advice. But I believe using prefab wood and metal structures is quite a bit easier than building the floor walls and roof all separately.

Hopefully in about a months time they will update with the wasteland workshop dlc to make building a little bit more user friendly. Cause I will agree it can be a little difficult at times.
W E I R D

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:12 am

Not sure how to help you enjoy building more, but for aluminium. I believe it's a place called Mahkra fishpacking. It's in the northeast part of the map, you can find 80+ aluminum trays there. It was a gold mine when I needed to upgrade my power armor.
gary lee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:11 am

There already are a host of mods that add more craftable building stuff and items. That will only get better and bigger once we get the GECK next month. The most important thing is that the building system is already integrated into the main engine so adding more assets won't be a problem.

Adam Baumgartner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:52 pm

TW dinner trays are made of aluminum. Aluminum cans are obvious source and they are elsewhere. Those two are the most common.

Adrian Morales

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Honestly, the best solution for your aluminium and every other resource you'll ever need including ammo, weapons, armour, you name it, is to build some Ind Water Purifiers (the ONLY time you'll need to hunt for resources to build), sell the water and buy anything and everything you'll need.

Five does me easily, more money than I can spend. You can build more if you want to be a Wasteland millionaire or resource baron.

If you enjoy griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinding for junk and ammo and caps then you're boring but good luck to you.

EDIT: The ONLY junk I take when I find it is Nuclear material because it's hit and miss wether the vendor has it. But even still I got more Nuclear Material than I'll ever need so might not even have to search for that, the vendor has it enough times me thinks but I pick it up when I find it anyway.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 pm

As helpful as this is, doesn't help on PS4 haha.

And yeah, guess I'm boring for wanting to explore to find my junk lol jk

Manny(BAKE)

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Certainly doesn't stop you exploring, in fact it helps because you don't have to keep returning to base to drop off stuff you don't need, or choose between taking weapons which may have mods you can disassemble or taking junk.
roxxii lenaghan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:39 pm

Certainly do not like the choice of prefabs we get but hopefully the next DLC or failing that, the creation kit will short that issue out. As for the awkwardness? Put it this way. I originally bought FO4 for PS4 and recently purchased it again for my new PC just so I could TURN OFF THE :swear: 'iING CLIPPING!!

x_JeNnY_x

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Settlement building is one of my favorite parts of the game. The system could stand for a bit of polishing over time, but overall I think it's great. It's pretty simple and efficient.

Marina Leigh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 am

Building is only fun when it's for weapons, machines, and robots. Anything outside that takes too much time and resources for me to invest into it.

Alkira rose Nankivell

Return to Fallout 4