Don't be a Menace to South Central Skyrim While Drinking You

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:47 pm

I was just thinking that some sort of drug running or crime guild would be really cool. Or maybe something like a Mafia guild. It would be a lot of fun to work your way up the ranks of a criminal organization. You could either be like a legit criminal or you could be working as an undercover agent, trying to dismantle the guild from within. I'd also like to see Skyrim be more gritty and mature than Oblivion was. I want darker tones and more realistic language. I'd like an npc to really insult me, with foul language, instead of calling me something lame like a scamp kisser or a mudcrab butt. I don't think those two terms were ever used, but you guys know what I mean. I don't want to see the same fluffy dialogue that was in Oblivion. So what do you guys think?

P.S. Props to all the peeps who get the title reference...
Shelby McDonald

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:53 pm

LOL Skooma is not a 40oz. If I'm correct, im Morrowind there was some smuggling going on with Skooma. I think there should be a Skooma ring or a Skooma manufacturing ring. More needs to be known about the creation and whereabouts of this illgal drank.
Life long Observer

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:45 am

I want TESV to be more mature and have darker or more realistic themes but I dont want to play another drug lord game like Scarface.
Emily Jeffs

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:58 pm

No "skooma guild", that just sounds ridiculous to me. I voted yes for a more grittier game.

Oh, and the title of this thread makes me want to puke...(mostly because I get the reference)
Leonie Connor

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Now I don't think there should be a Mafia Guild. Thieves guild does everything illegal so that is enough right there. Honestly Theives guild and Brotherhood (Oblivion) did a lot of bad things.
Lady Shocka

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 am

Yes, moar skooma in South Central L.A. Skyrim.
Soraya Davy

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I like the idea of a Skooma guild. I think if it were kept shorter than normal guild questlines, and was meant to be humorous it would be cool.

I voted "no" to Elder Scrolls being darker, and grittier. I like how it is now, just because other games are dark and gritty (which is a lot) doesn't mean The Elder Scrolls has to be.
Adam Kriner

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:56 pm

uh... thieves guild?
I know that there are some problems with the mages guild and fighters guild, but so far I haven't heard anything about the thieves guild
By what I can infer from how you say "mature", it seems to me you only want it to cover mature subjects.
I would love it to be mature subjects handled maturely, but somehow, I don't see that.
The Time Car

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 am

uh... thieves guild?
I know that there are some problems with the mages guild and fighters guild, but so far I haven't heard anything about the thieves guild
By what I can infer from how you say "mature", it seems to me you only want it to cover mature subjects.
I would love it to be mature subjects handled maturely, but somehow, I don't see that.

When I say mature I'm basically referring to the dialogue. Some of Oblivion's dialogue was very childish in my opinion. Like the Orc thug in Cheydinhal(forget his name) who would insult you by calling you a fly... I don't necessarily mean I want more mature subject matter covered, although I'm not necessarily against that.
Mike Plumley

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:11 pm

I hope halfway through the game bandits kidnap my daughter and sell her into a skooma six trafficking ring and I have to go kick everybody's' butt and save her.

THE ELDER SCROLLS V-TAKEN!!!
Alisha Clarke

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:05 pm

I like the idea of a Skooma guild. I think if it were kept shorter than normal guild questlines, and was meant to be humorous it would be cool.

I voted "no" to Elder Scrolls being darker, and grittier. I like how it is now, just because other games are dark and gritty (which is a lot) doesn't mean The Elder Scrolls has to be.

This.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:29 pm

I hope halfway through the game bandits kidnap my daughter and sell her into a skooma six trafficking ring and I have to go kick everybody's' butt and save her.

THE ELDER SCROLLS V-TAKEN!!!

Haha... It could happen. Liam Neeson has worked with Bethesda before...
Cagla Cali

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:56 am

Yes and yes!
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Definitely. I want this to be the most gritty TES game to date.
JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:36 am

voted yes to both, only cause I was listening to Snoop doggy earlier today, and the title was catchy.

Seriously, very seedy sections would be cool along with some nefarious faction activity would be very desirable.
Kill Bill

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes. In Morrowind, skooma, not to mention Moon Sugar, played a sweet role. Bandits smuggled it, it was sold at a strip club, you find a dead junkie with a pipe on him....there was an orc dude who cooked skooma up in his basemant, had all orc guards in bonemould. You even transport a drug mule whose been forced to swallow it. The only thing you couldn't do was sell it as part of a smuggling ring, only just to some kahjiit traders.
City Swagga

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 pm

voted yes to both, only cause I was listening to Snoop doggy earlier today, and the title was catchy.

Seriously, very seedy sections would be cool along with some nefarious faction activity would be very desirable.

Thanks. I thought is was a catchy title too. Has no one here seen that movie? Am I the only one?
Ebou Suso

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:04 am

I know the song, just not the rest of the lyrics...only "don't be a menace in south central."
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Well, you can drink it, sure, but it's more potent when applied directly to the forehead.

Yeah, I guess maturity is good. What's maturity?
JD FROM HELL

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:16 pm

I'd like it to be a little darker and grittier, but not with modern-day swearing. It really just kind of pulls you out of the fantasy mindset, which I don't like. Maybe more mature insults, but not with F-bombs being dropped.
Beth Belcher

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:25 am

Yeah for more mature and gritty. Fallout 3 did this well so I'm hoping Bethesda will be keeping that
Czar Kahchi

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:21 am

I'd like it to be a little darker and grittier, but not with modern-day swearing. It really just kind of pulls you out of the fantasy mindset, which I don't like. Maybe more mature insults, but not with F-bombs being dropped.

this
Naughty not Nice

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:39 pm

There's already a guild that handles that as people have said. I would like the game to feel more like Morrowind did in terms how grim and dark (dark tone of story and grim culture). There were slavers (those guy seemed to have a broken levelling system because for half the game it didn't feel like they got any harder then BAM slavers with ebony armor hiding in a cave eating rat meat. Between the thieves guild and potentially 2 assassin's guild I think you'll get all the criminal fun you might want.

Have you played Morrowind? It's kind of dated so it can be rough going back and playing now if you haven't (so much text for people who hate games that fill the screen with pages of text) but I still like it. There were some nasty inter-faction conflicts simmering before your character gets there and you can get involved with quite a few of them.

As far as what you're suggesting- it would feel a little disjointed if you're talking about a quest-line and faction just for that purpose. There are groups involved with these things (though for some reason the skooma trade seems most moved by water- it's always in and near boats int he previous games it seems) so I'm not sure how much skooma trade there is in Skyrim- maybe a lot though since all that snow must get kind of boring.

Now an indepth faction v faction subplut here and there (involving infiltrating one at the behest of the other with the option to re-evaluate your layalties based on some horrifying discovery would be fun. Of course if you were to say.. infiltrate the theives guild at the behest of the Imperials that would probably be a bit more than a "small" sideplot. It could also be potentially very rewarding but would also be a not so insignificant change for the region. I mean that would be like putting 1/3 of the criminal underworld into disarray. People would be shocked and suspicious when that money pouch they dropped a few blocks back was... still where they dropped it; personally I'd go all admiral akbar and start shouting it was a trap.
Sami Blackburn

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:30 pm

I was just thinking that some sort of drug running or crime guild would be really cool. Or maybe something like a Mafia guild. It would be a lot of fun to work your way up the ranks of a criminal organization. You could either be like a legit criminal or you could be working as an undercover agent, trying to dismantle the guild from within. I'd also like to see Skyrim be more gritty and mature than Oblivion was. I want darker tones and more realistic language. I'd like an npc to really insult me, with foul language, instead of calling me something lame like a scamp kisser or a mudcrab butt. I don't think those two terms were ever used, but you guys know what I mean. I don't want to see the same fluffy dialogue that was in Oblivion. So what do you guys think?

P.S. Props to all the peeps who get the title reference...

The thieves guild could have little sections that you can join, thieving, drugs, pimping. Thieves guild is a little bit more noble than that though...
Ricky Rayner

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:50 am

Continuing the topic then, what kind of swearwords could there be if modern ones weren't used?

I agree that bandits dropping f-bombs would be completely out of place but TES doesn't really have it's own words to replace them

The only one that seems to have bad connotations is fetcher. Harsh man. Harsh
dav

Next

Return to V - Skyrim