Double-XP weekend! [Update First Post]

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:31 am

How do we know hackers wont end up winning the prizes? ??

They can probably see where, when and how you got/get your experience, if its too high then you probably just boosted your EXP in CTR. I guess before giving out any prizes they will double check the data of the "winners".
John Moore

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:44 am

Hey guys,

Just got some confirmation on a few questions:

Reduced XP for CTR was not implemented (i previously posted otherwise but confirmed today that was not the case, sorry for any confusion!). We are going to check the stats for any CTR boosting players with regards to the prizes awarded for the double-XP weekend so don't worry about boosters winning the goods! :)

Double XP is occurring for both in game kills/skill kills and skill assessment completion.

If your experience is differing from the above, please let us know here exactly what your experience is (Your in-game name plus the award/XP in question) and we'll take a look into it.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend! :D
Chloe :)

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:48 am

Hey guys,

Reduced XP for CTR was not implemented (i previously posted otherwise but confirmed today that was not the case, sorry for any confusion!). We are going to check the stats for any CTR boosting players with regards to the prizes awarded for the double-XP weekend so don't worry about boosters winning the goods! :)

Double XP is occurring for both in game kills/skill kills and skill assessment completion.

If your experience is differing from the above, please let us know here exactly what your experience is (Your in-game name plus the award/XP in question) and we'll take a look into it.

Thanks Adam!!!
Michelle davies

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:19 am

Everyone is retorting to hacking cuz they want the grand prize. Don't tell me you'll hand over the prizes to some have-no-life pathetic loser of cheaters/hackers.
ezra

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:49 am

if crytek does these event every month or two then crysis will be real fun! i'm gonna change my xbox bio form crysis 2 most bugged MP ever to Crysis is real fun! buy and play!
meghan lock

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi
I was tagging in one of my games and noticed it was not giving double XP for Tag Assists. All the other ways to get XP seem fine. My in game name is Darkn1ght242.
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:22 am

how do you check what version of crysis you are on because when i try and invite my mate it says there is aversion mismatch so we cant play together? anyone know?
Andrew Tarango

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:34 pm

I'm sorry but do people & the developers have that much of an hard on for IA TIA & CS that CTR doesn't matter? I've had no problems with getting XPx2 or playing these modes on DLC whilst the other modes gets brushed aside. I played a few games and lost out on XPx2 & i've just played my first game today on CTR & got no XPx2 and I lost out on a 10000 skill assessment because I was given 5k. Thanks for that ;)

I KEEP LOOSING OUT ON XPx2 IN CTR WHY? Every other game it happens. It's not just me who affected its everyone in the game.

Adam can those of us that play the other half of the game get an answer please. 3 times i've mentioned this.
Laura Hicks

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks so much for this update!! Double XP weekends rock!!
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:14 am

Sounds great but the aimbots and the cloak seeing hackers may have the upperhand here :(

But keep an eye on me I need to unlock the guass and mike

maybe a before / after exp % stat would be a better guage on performace rather then a kill for all aimbot
Robert Jackson

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Cool thing I earned about 5k XP after a match of TIA. If you want to team up just add me on PSN.
Maria Leon

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:23 am

no double exp weekend patch... am i meant to download it?
Holli Dillon

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:45 am

Its a hotfix. If you've restarted your Multi session since Thursday (I'd assume you have) it should be automatic
Kayla Bee

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:10 am

Hey guys,

I figured it out now & I really don't understand why you would add XPx2 to CTR if you want to stop boosters.

You get 200 for taking a relay & 600 for capturing it, but you don't get XPx2 for kills. This doesn't make any sense at all.
Joanne Crump

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:33 am

double post wtf!?

Eire Charlotta

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:46 am

Question, do assessment xp double too? I thought it didn't yesterday then today some were updated (like weapon xp)
Andrew Lang

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:43 am

Its a hotfix. If you've restarted your Multi session since Thursday (I'd assume you have) it should be automatic

erm it hasn't? Is it not a patch to download? How much am i meant to get for a kill? CHWigga is a great player lol!
Ronald

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:59 am

Asiko

Yeh m8 assessments are XPx2

Dan
Its should automatically update, nothing to DL. look at the news in the top right corner it will say XPx2 this weekend. If it does your sorted.

You wont get XPx2 for killing people in CTR but you will for taking & capturing it. Every other modes gets XPx2 for everything. Strange I know
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Asiko

Yeh m8 assessments are XPx2

Dan
Its should automatically update, nothing to DL. look at the news in the top right corner it will say XPx2 this weekend. If it does your sorted.

You wont get XPx2 for killing people in CTR but you will for taking & capturing it. Every other modes gets XPx2 for everything. Strange I know

thank you! :) and good luck ;)
Marina Leigh

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:02 am

i would love to play but i cant find any games period ,says something about wrong playlist wtf ,im not buying new maps if i cant play on the ones i own now
Gavin Roberts

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:16 am

It would be very cool if the game would not actually send you back to the previous rank you were at! I was level 24, then i ranked up to 25, then it sent back to 24, so i did rank up to 25, went to 26, it sent me back to 25, just about now i went to 27 and it sent back to 26 and i lost one weapon unlock! This is awesome! Now i have scarab on my custom class 1 but i can not access it cos it will be only unlocked at 27 which i used to be. And u also want be to buy a new mappack??? Are u serious?
SWagg KId

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:03 am

Hey guys,

I figured it out now & I really don't understand why you would add XPx2 to CTR if you want to stop boosters.

You get 200 for taking a relay & 600 for capturing it, but you don't get XPx2 for kills. This doesn't make any sense at all.
This is B.S. as my favorite mode is CTR, Crytek needs to reimburse me for all of my CTR kills. But untill then I guess I will be stuck with playing the other game modes :(
ZzZz

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:57 am

Seems to me that Crytek either supports booster or they messed up. I still play CTR from time to time but it aggravates me because i'm a defender & get more kills than anything.

I've mentioned it a few times but I seem to be getting ignored. I'm glad theirs other people that feel the same and your right it is pure BS. Brushed aside just like the DLC.
ZzZz

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:12 pm

I ve been trying to update the game with the double xp servers for 2 days now and right now I cant see any servers with players. All I see is about 140 servers all empty. before I could see Almost 1200 servers.

I tried login back and forth from single player to multiplayer but its no use.

Please help!!!

what can I do?

Will I be able to see the servers after the double XP weekend is over?
Kirsty Collins

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:22 pm

Still cannot login, EA support still cannnot help WTF
tannis

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis