Double-XP weekend! [Update First Post]

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:35 am

What is the point in all of this when a few(all) cheaters will just use hacks and other means and you will give THEM the prizes..
leni

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:14 am

And again a fail from Crytek.
You stole the idea from Jagex Games Studio, the creators of Runescape.
Yeah, that's it, I'm 100% not buying another Crytek game.
Of course, allowing to gain double amount of Exp is SO a UNIQUE idea that only the Runescape-guys could have invented it.

Dude, double-exp-events are as old as the MMORPG genre.
Iain Lamb

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:18 am

The prizes don't include any monetary objects at all. If crytek said they'd be giving $100, then maybe i would enter.
Kat Ives

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:38 am

And the people boosting their EXP in CTR are the only ones being able to get prices as they already earn like 100k exp per hour... So, unless THAT'S fixed there won't be any prices for legally playing players...

Yes................ XD =(

Who the **** wants a Crytek T shirt or a set of dog tags lol. I dont care for any other thier prizes I just want CTR working as it was & the xp I'm loosing out on because I finding a game other than IA TIA & CS is a joke.

I wonder why their not offering free DLC we could do with some players.

Adam give DLC codes like they did on facebook. I think that would get peoples interest more.
Brad Johnson

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:09 pm

I'll take the figurine if no-one wants it. :P
Brιonα Renae

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:25 pm

Like others have said you can be rest assured that only the boosters in CTR will be getting the prizes. Funny who people will be rewarded or cheating lol. They are going to have a field day. I'm a legit 5th prestige and almost everyone above me is a booster but and I about 250th in the world for xp but after this weekend I probably won't be in the top 1000 because of all the boosters.

However, we can still enjoy the Double XP regardless of whether we will win prizes or not, I will try and get from level 20 to 50 over the weekend.. looks like a lot of game time lol
Mashystar

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Goddamit I needed to level up on Brink! ah well looks like i got a busy few days then :)
Lisa Robb

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:05 am

Why on earth would you do a double XP weekend RIGHT BEFORE A MAJOR PATCH COMES OUT?
Lew.p

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:36 pm

maybe they will wipe the stats? not really played MP much yet no reason to until things change.

Haven't you got more important things to focus on CryTek?
Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 am

And the people boosting their EXP in CTR are the only ones being able to get prices as they already earn like 100k exp per hour... So, unless THAT'S fixed there won't be any prices for legally playing players...

Yes................ XD =(

Who the **** wants a Crytek T shirt or a set of dog tags lol. I dont care for any other thier prizes I just want CTR working as it was & the xp I'm loosing out on because I finding a game other than IA TIA & CS is a joke.

I wonder why their not offering free DLC we could do with some players.

Adam give DLC codes like they did on facebook. I think that would get peoples interest more.
Dogtags? Anytime. Always wanted a pair.

Alternative would be the novel (What? I like reading) or one of those figures. Rest... well, we'll see.
Doubt I gonna win anything, however, even without the boosters.

Why on earth would you do a double XP weekend RIGHT BEFORE A MAJOR PATCH COMES OUT?
Two options:
a) to draw peoples attention to the game before they release the patch so the patch gets noticed more.
b) the patch starts the event.

Can't say how sure b is as I have no idea if there is even a release-date for the next patch.

Jaylene Brower

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:32 am

This is pretty cool. I was starting to wonder if they would ever offer a double XP event like all the other shooters. I might just have to get on the MP and earn some XP. :D
Nicole Kraus

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Cry-Adam [wrote]

May 25, 2011 / 09:46

'lol all the cheaters will get the prizes then! maximum gayness'

We'll be reviewing the winners account in detail
;)

http://www.gamesas.com/news/crysis_2/double-xp-weekend
carley moss

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:57 pm

Sounds fun, but I keep getting disconnected every few minutes. Is there any sign of a workaround for the mid-game disconnects until a patch finally addresses it? Right now the only way to keep any earned experience is to hope I'm joining a game that's got a few minutes left and leave the session after the match is over :(
P PoLlo

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:05 am

For F*cks sake some people will just bich about ANYTHING! Who cares if people are going to boost! If you're so concerned about winning a couple of little Crytek trinkets, then boost yourself!
I think this is a pretty damn cool thing that Crytek are doing for us- everyone on here complains non stop about everything, including the lack of communication, especially. Cry-Adam has been on here and participating A LOT today, and not only do we have a hot fix to the net code, but now a double XP weekend. Guess what, that means a lot of people will be playing, so hopefully the empty lobbies and long wait times for matches will be non-existant.
I'm not going to start singing Kumbaya or anything, but c'mon, try looking on the bright side for once.

Thanks for all the communication today Crytek, there is a (seemingly small) group of us that truly do appreciate it. These kind of promotions are awesome, once you get all the patches out and the game fixed you should do them more often
Alyce Argabright

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:00 pm

For F*cks sake some people will just bich about ANYTHING! Who cares if people are going to boost! If you're so concerned about winning a couple of little Crytek trinkets, then boost yourself
You know, some of us still got some kind of gamer-honor... and boosting is quite the opposite of it.
Bloomer

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:59 am

For F*cks sake some people will just bich about ANYTHING! Who cares if people are going to boost! If you're so concerned about winning a couple of little Crytek trinkets, then boost yourself
You know, some of us still got some kind of gamer-honor... and boosting is quite the opposite of it.

Notice I didn't say that I would be boosting. But honestly I could care less if someone else does. Here's how it affects my gaming experience... Not at all. If someone wants to boost, they'll level up by cheating. So they are not really making themselves any better, which means when they get owned by me they'll feel bad and cry.

But good job on focusing on what I had hoped would be the obviously sarcastic part of my post. Congrats.

So getting back on topic, I think the Double XP weekend will be great for this community. It ought to bring more people back on, and then with the upcoming patch hopefully this game will really begin to thrive as it should.

(also I'm very glad that you "got" some gamer honor. Better that than a firm grasp on language, eh?)

Peetay

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:32 am

Seeing as a new patch is on its way is there any chance you can delay double xp weekend until we get the patch or is this why were getting a double xp weekend? To enjoy it with the patch. Please be the latter lol
Matt Terry

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:56 am

So getting back on topic, I think the Double XP wknd will be great for this community. It ought to bring more people back on, and then with the upcoming patch hopefully this game will really begin to thrive as it should.

You know what would really help the community? Release the patch first, THEN have a double XP weekend. Doing it the other way around doesn't make any sense.
Olga Xx

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:22 am

So getting back on topic, I think the Double XP wknd will be great for this community. It ought to bring more people back on, and then with the upcoming patch hopefully this game will really begin to thrive as it should.

You know what would really help the community? Release the patch first, THEN have a double XP weekend. Doing it the other way around doesn't make any sense.

^This.
Mélida Brunet

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:26 am

It makes sense if they're monitoring the increased numbers online during the double xp weekend after the recent hotfixes so they can tweak the patch before release if necessary.
Daniel Lozano

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:21 pm

^This.

I second that
Kari Depp

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:20 am

Well you can't really argue with that logic, Maxwell. Seems like that would make the most sense. But maybe it's like this:
They just released the small hotfix to the netcode, and asked the community about the results. Now we find out they are close to releasing a patch. And they're doing a double xp weekend.
Obviously a double xp weekend is a draw to players, so they're hoping to get a lot of people to play. Maybe they want to see how the recent hotfix handles a large influx of gamers, and they'll be using that data to really dial in the necessary fixes on the upcoming patch.
Stephy Beck

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:57 pm

Well you can't really argue with that logic, Maxwell. Seems like that would make the most sense. But maybe it's like this:
They just released the small hotfix to the netcode, and asked the community about the results. Now we find out they are close to releasing a patch. And they're doing a double xp weekend.
Obviously a double xp weekend is a draw to players, so they're hoping to get a lot of people to play. Maybe they want to see how the recent hotfix handles a large influx of gamers, and they'll be using that data to really dial in the necessary fixes on the upcoming patch.

Ah, speculations. You got to love them. :D
jess hughes

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Lol yeah it was a bit of wishful thinking I guess!
Nikki Morse

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:03 pm

I'll take the figurine if no-one wants it. :P
Get your dirty hands off that T-shirt!!! ***Grabs K-volt***
Benji

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis