Dragon age origins installing problems

Post » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:19 am

Can not even start the installation I keep getting line 1 column 40 in inter XML setting error

My OS is Windows 7 professional 64 bit,
I will appreciate any help
Alberto Aguilera

Post » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 pm

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age-II/Dragon-Age-II-Demo-Technical-Support/XML-Error-line-1-column-40-6580716-1.html

Might help. First Google result,

EDIT: Okay the one person said they fixed it by creating a new Windows Admin account and installing the game again (it's DA2, but same error).

I'd try clicking running in admin mode. So right click on the install icon and click that. I had a similar problem installing Morrowind the other day.

I had to copy it to an external drive and run in admin mode to install it. Otherwise it kept giving me texture errors. Something screwy with Windows.
Javaun Thompson

Post » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm

EDIT: Okay the one person said they fixed it by creating a new Windows Admin account and installing the game again (it's DA2, but same error).

I'd try clicking running in admin mode. So right click on the install icon and click that. I had a similar problem installing Morrowind the other day.

Tried this it just came up dragon age stopped working and needs windows needs to close.
Also tried dragon age 2 and got the same messages is this a bioware problem?
Romy Welsch

Post » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Tried this it just came up dragon age stopped working and needs windows needs to close.
Also tried dragon age 2 and got the same messages is this a bioware problem?

Not certain. Where'd you get the games? Steam?
courtnay

Post » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:09 am

Not certain. Where'd you get the games? Steam?
No they the disc retail version
i grind hard

Post » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:42 am

Try installing in compatibility mode or something? I'm not sure if you can do that from a disc, I haven't used a disc in ages... I guess if you browse the disc find the install icon and right click and try compatibility mode. Otherwise I'd keep browsing the bioware forums, I'm sure there's a fix in there, I just looked at the first Google result.
Glu Glu

Post » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 am

I have installed both DA:O and DA2 from retail disc, with np problems at all. I have several friends too who haven't had any trouble, so I can't really help anything.
Sorry, it's such a good game it would be a shame if you couldn't get it working. :ermm:
Kelsey Hall

Post » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 am

Try installing in compatibility mode or something? I'm not sure if you can do that from a disc, I haven't used a disc in ages... I guess if you browse the disc find the install icon and right click and try compatibility mode. Otherwise I'd keep browsing the bioware forums, I'm sure there's a fix in there, I just looked at the first Google result.
OK will do, and thanks for trying
glot

Return to Othor Games