Dual Monitor Mouse issue

Post » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 am

I am trying to run Fallout: New Vegas on a PC running Windows 8.1 and dual monitors. Everything seems to work fine, except for the mouse. The mouse seems to work ok, but the Windows mouse is also visible in the second monitor at times. When the mouse is visible on the second monitor, and mouse button press causes the game to minimize and the focus to change to the second monitor. There doesn't seem to be any work-around or anything to fix the issue that I have been able to do.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

System Info:

• Processor: Intel i5-2400 (3.10 Ghz)
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • DirectX: DirectX 11
  • Video Card 1: AMD Radeon HD 6700 (Crossfire Config)
  • Video Card 2: AMD Radeon HD 6700 (Crossfire Config)
  • AMD VIdeo Driver Ver: 13.350.1005.0
  • Keyboard: Logitech Wave Pro Wireless Keyboard
  • Mouse: Logitech Wave Pro Wireless Keyboard
Britta Gronkowski

Post » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:04 am

These games do not like Multiple Monitors, so you have to tweak things, and even then, you may not have any success. Here are some things to try

Did you try running the game in Windowed Mode? There is a mod that removes the border if it helps

Do you have your desktop stretched or expanded to the other monitor? Try swapping whatever choice you have.

Search "multiple monitors" in the other game PC hardware sections (as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim all have this issue with multiple monitors) and see what they did to resolve it. But no one solution will work for everyone.

DeeD

Post » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:58 am

Funny thing is, I don't have this problem with Skyrim, and I don't remember having this problem with Fallout 3. I'll give those things a try.

trisha punch

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Welp, running in a window is even worse. the windows mouse pointer is constantly outside of the game, causing it to lose focus.. It seems like the game isn't keeping the mouse focus within the game window, whether it is windowed or not.

Hella Beast

Return to Fallout: New Vegas