Dust and Smoke seem to cause some lag

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 9:18 pm

I've been playing the game for a while now and for the most part I've been really impressed with how the game runs considering the past playstation experiences. Having said that though I've noticed that when i go in dungeons that have dust in the air,smoke or water in them i seem to get slightly more laggy patches. I think I've confirmed it is this that causes it because there's a small camp out in the wild with a cooking pot that's smoking and when i face it the fps drops. It's not really bad but it's noticeable. Has anyone else experienced this?

Apart from this though I've had a great experience with the game so far :)
Jake Easom

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 9:02 am

I haven't personally noticed any framerate drops associated with clouds and dust, but every once and a while when there's an explosion or cloud of smoke that appears, I get a texture-less effect. I have tried to recreate the effect, but it has only happened maybe 2-3 times the entire time I've played, and when I try to recreate it, I can't. Perhaps our two issues are related.

Video of what happens.

https://youtu.be/PUzrx63m0BI

Tai Scott

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 6:01 pm

I've seen that happen once when a robot exploded. I don't really use grenades or explosives much so that's probably why.

Another time i noticed my slight lag was when a vertiberd was hovering low down creating a dust cloud. There was no problem while it was flying around just when it was low enough to create dust.
sw1ss

Return to Fallout 4