Dwemer..

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 10:02 am

I had this weird idea about why Numidium did not come to life when Kagrenac used the Tools.
Its a bit comlicated and involves time travel, so bear with me.

What if Numidium did come to life, only moving backwards into time and not forwards like everyone else?
I cannot remember if Numidium went explodey at the time of the ascension of the Triune, but if it did, an explosion viewed backwards is coalescion.
Now the reason that no-one saw Numidium stomping around before it got activated is that in the then-then, the first past, where they walked to the future point of activation, it did not because it was not active yet.
Only in the now-then after the activation does it move towards the beginning of time.
Numidium was supposed to return to the 'first brushstroke of Anu and Padomay' so timetravel seems logical.
If the causality was reversed and the Dwemer started a backwards journey in time the moment they became one with the robot, then the Dwemer souls do not inhabit the Numidium in the future-now past the point of Kagrenac's actions and its logical it didnt come to life.

In short, could it be that the Dwemer are on a journey travelling backwards in time, unseen by anyone because in the then-then it had not happened yet, only in the new now-then the Dwemer travel in.

I hope this makes sense. As Pratchett said: 'Its hard to talk about time travel in a language evolved to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is.'
Jack Walker

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 8:34 am

read this

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/definitive-guide-dwemer

go to: where did the dwemer go? there it says that Azura most likely imprisonated the dwemer in Oblivion where they may or may not be alive.

think of it, Azura, godness of beauty banished one race and cursed an other. (dunmer) and she is one of the "good" deadra :ohmy:
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 am

read this

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/definitive-guide-dwemer

go to: where did the dwemer go? there it says that Azura most likely imprisonated the dwemer in Oblivion where they may or may not be alive.

think of it, Azura, godness of beauty banished one race and cursed an other. (dunmer) and she is one of the "good" deadra :ohmy:

That guide is from like...2004. Shoddy scholarship from a by-gone era.

It is being properly misinterpreted as we speak.
sam westover

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 am

That guide is from like...2004. Shoddy scholarship from a by-gone era.

It is being properly misinterpreted as we speak.

so in that case, what new information have come? that the earth was round were proved 2000 years ago but you still don't deny it. true?
lolli

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 11:00 pm

so in that case, what new information have come? that the earth was round were proved 2000 years ago but you still don't deny it. true?

Bad example. Our understanding of gravity since Newton is a better one. We have new information and new methods to consider it with. Luagar's article is much more recent, and has basically been word-of-god'ed by MK. Even it doesn't take into account new info we got in Skyrim, though (there aren't any blatant contradictions, but it should still be considered).

[edit] This is my 6,666th post on this forum, apparently, ignoring the ones that have been purged. So....This is the Love of God and he would show you more; I am Cyrodiil come; where's the money in that; accept Muatra without resignation.
Joanne

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Bad example. Our understanding of gravity since Newton is a better one. We have new information and new methods to consider it with. Luagar's article is much more recent, and has basically been word-of-god'ed by MK. Even it doesn't take into account new info we got in Skyrim, though (there aren't any blatant contradictions, but it should still be considered).
Not exactly much more recent, it was written in '06, though if anything I'd say what little relevant info we got from Skryim only confirms it (as Velorien noted above).

Now to go back to being dead (and stealth-editing, if I ever get around to that)...
Andres Lechuga

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Not exactly much more recent, it was written in '06, though if anything I'd say what little relevant info we got from Skryim only confirms it (as Velorien noted above).

Now to go back to being dead (and stealth-editing, if I ever get around to that)...
Maybe not "much more" in terms of time, but definitely "much more" in terms of philosophy/world view. The guide briefly mentions the possibility of metaphysics, but then discounts them and goes with the simpler, but ultimately unsupported, answer of "a wizard daedra did it"
Harinder Ghag

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion