edited mp3 vocals not playing in game

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:06 pm

I use Adobe Audition, open the original mp3 and save it as 44k 32bit wav file. Do all my edits on a copy of this file, then save a copy as 44k 32bit 64kbps mp3 with no tags. This file will play in windows media player and in the CS but not in the game itself. Replace the original mp3 and it works, yet both mp3 files have identical specs (except file size). What am I doing wrong?
Karl harris

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:14 pm

All my .wav files that Ive prepared for final mp3 conversion are always in the following format :

Bit rate : 705

Audio Sample Size : 16 bit

Channels : Mono

Sample Rate : 44khz

Audio Format : PCM

I also use this program to do my final mp3 conversion :

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/MP3_Conversion_Batch-File

I've used it on hundreds of .wav files, works fine, and converts mass volumes of files at once.
Jake Easom

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:10 am

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Still wonder why my files will play in CS but not in game (files created the same way on my old, XP, computer worked).
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:46 am

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Still wonder why my files will play in CS but not in game (files created the same way on my old, XP, computer worked).

Probably the 32 bit needs to be 16 on the .wav .

If you put your .wav's in the same format as what I put down before conversion, should be fine.

/edit

Doing a quick double check on the .wav file properties itself outside of the sound editing program will reveal everything, not sure if all the sound editing programs reveal the bit rate. Further more not sure if the bit rate is a big deal or not.. but these settings have always worked for me, and are on all my .wav files before conversion.

Also I know that the mp3 encoder program puts in the exact proper values on mp3's so that Oblivion can read them as well.
Bryanna Vacchiano

Return to III - Morrowind