Effectiveness of blocking

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:47 pm

I've got 70 strength and endurance, and am using a heavy weapon. Someone with a light weapon blocks my blows, I go staggering. I block with my steel shield, I often end up staggering. From the same light weapon.

...Can someone explain this?

They've got a dagger; I've got a longsword.

Niisha

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Your chance to stagger is determined by your http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Agility

Clea Jamerson

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 am

...Solely?

...Well, once again the Elder Scrolls refrain: "That's why we have mods." :/

I dunno; wasn't quite satisfied with any of the combat mods I looked at; but maybe time to take another look.

I guess, also, if the games were less broken, they'd be harder to mod, because there'd be less time put into modding tools and support.

maya papps

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm not sure agility makes that much a difference -- I sure don't notice a reduction in stagger in a character with 120 agility over a character with 50 agility, with the same skills and armor.

on a similar note, I never understood how npcs and creatures could attack much faster when they stagger me, they could get in four hits with slow weapons before I recover, yet when the roles are reversed I could only get in 2 hits with a fast weapon before they recover.

Taylor Bakos

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 pm

That's not the worst of it. Agility is not improved by fighting but by sneaking, lockpicking and archery. None of which have anything to do with taking a hit and very little to do with agility. Of course, it's also effected by the PC console command line.

Lewis Morel

Return to IV - Oblivion