Elsweyr

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:12 pm

How should southern-Elsweyr cities look, mainly Senchal? So far I've made the port of Senchal, the outdoor marketplace, and the ruined section of the city. Is there anything else noteworthy about it? How big should it be? Any maps of it? What sort of buildings do they have? And finally, do the other types of Khajiit (like the seneche) live in the cities with all the other Khajiit?

Also: Does anyone know where to find some Khajiit phrases or sayings? Thanks
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 pm

From my understanding, Senchal is an ugly city with large parts that has been abandoned or is in ruins. Some parts of the city was set ablaze to control the Knahaten flu which swept through there killing alot of the citizens. Also being a port city, it would have warehouses along the docks to hold trade items.

As for the Senche and the Senche-raht living there, I don't see why they wouldn't. And as for phrases , I have heard of several that comes to mind. " The prey approachs. " Another would be. " It has the scent of the unfamiliar. "
John Moore

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:03 am

The harbor city of Senchal, long considered one of the most dangerous slums in Tamriel, has had a remarkable renaissance, from principle port of the drug trade, to coastal resort for wealthy, powerful Khajiit. That glimmer of good news belies the fact that the moonsugar trade in Elsweyr has increased multifold in the last twenty years. Ya'Tirrje, the Gold Cat, is rumored to even have a luxurious villa in Senchal, and helps pay for the abundant security that keeps the city safe and crime-free, all the while continuing his drug-smuggling business in Torval, Corinthe, and Rimmen.

-PGE 3
Horse gal smithe

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:40 am

Senchal used to be a crappy slum, but it has recently become a more palatable place. I imagine a very wealthy and well kept harbor, marketplace, and wealthy districts surrounded by slums that are slowly being absorbed and displaced, with the poor residents largely suffering from the new attempts to gentrify the city.

All types of Khajiit would live in Senchal, and you could probably find people of every other race there as it is the largest port in southern Tamriel.

As for Khajiit phrases, check the http://www.imperial-library.info/interviews/douglasgoodall.shtml (as Jobasha) and http://www.imperial-library.info/obbooks/ahzirr_trajijazaeri.shtml. The latter really only applies to the Renrijra Krin, but it could give you a sense of the feel of Khajiit sayings.
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:25 am

Do you guys think Senchal would be a lush rainforest setting or a drier, desert-like setting? Thanks
Riky Carrasco

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion