Epic Struggles or Political Intrigues?

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:44 am

Bethesda missed the g-spot with Skyrim. Though they tried to tell two stories, their civil war failed to amount to more than fetch quests, followed by skirmishes at dilapidated castles. They tried to tell both halves of the same story, the story of an Akaviri prophecy, and while the Alduin arc rang an enjoyable cadence, the Storm of Windhelm fell flaccid. No impartial judgement can arrive at any other observation. One must be desperate to see what isn't there, to claim the civil war was as well crafted as the Alduin story.

Assuming BGS cannot tell a cloak and dagger, and an epic struggle of cosmic forces vying for Tamriel, which would you rather have?

On one side, there's Daggerfall and Battlespire. On the other, Oblivion and Arena. In between them stand Skyrim and Morrowind.

Ally Chimienti

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Personally, I would like to see a more political storyline in the next TES game. We've saved the world quite a few times as it is.

Lily Evans

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:31 am

Morrowind's main quest is the only Elder Scrolls main quest I have much affection for. So I voted for that.

Camden Unglesbee

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion