.50 MG Explosive Damage svcks?

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:37 am

Has anyone noticed that whenever you use these type of rounds that the damage done is significantly less compared to .50 Match Load rounds?

I saw some posts from people saying that "OMG these rounds are beast OMG" when in actuality I'm pretty sure even normal rounds do more damage than them for some reason.

I seriously hit a deathclaw straight in the face with one of these rounds and it does much less damage than Hand loaded .50 mg rounds(Hell even normal rounds might do more damage than the exp. for some reason).

I even created my own custom ammo that was basically Hand loaded, fire, AP, and explosive all in one. Guess what? It still did less damage than a simple hand loaded round. I think it has something to do with the explosive properties of the bullet that makes the round much less effective than intended.

Am I doing something wrong?

Paula Ramos

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm

I don't know, exp works fine for me. I can oneshot deathclaws (albeit with sneak bonus - without it's 2-3). But I've been playing with mods (Project Nevada and several others) for a long time. They might change ammo properties. So it might be different in vanilla.

Nathan Hunter

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:19 am

Or your explosives skill ?

alicia hillier

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:22 am

Explosive Rounds being weak? Are you hitting the Deathclaw? Or trying to hit the ground in front of it? I say this as the depth of field is not always apparent when sniping with that weapon.

I can take out the entire Deathclaw Family at the train yard with like one shot with the 50 Explosive. And, this is before I level up my Explosives Skill.

Your Mum

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 am

Never had that issue they 1 shot deathclaws and usually kill or cripple anything nearby. Perhaps a bug, but i have never had any issues with those rounds since they came out. Love me some .50 ammo.

Ezekiel Macallister

Return to Fallout: New Vegas