[REQ] FaceGen Face Exchanger or Something Similar

Post » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 pm

I am looking for a New Vegas FaceGen Face Exchanger or something similar to transfer a Fallout 3 save same face to my New Vegas save game character. If anyone has any alternatives, it would be appreciated.
Mackenzie

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

Can't help you with that I'm afraid, but I can tell you the reason why you cannot recreate your original face. It seems that Fallout New Vegas does not have the base presets from which to work from. Possibly the sliders have also had their variables changed.

Reason it was found out was because I asked the creator of the Calandra Seer savegame if he was willing to recreate the face for Fallout New Vegas. Turns out that the original preset he used as a base (Preset 1) is not present in the Fallout New Vegas face generator. Putting in the values manually transformed the face into a mutant.

So it is entirely possible that Obsidian tweaked the face generator which may not be compatible with the variables used in creating Fallout 3 faces.

If someone can prove me wrong though, please give it a shot as I too would love to see some familiar faces again :)
Multi Multi

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:04 am

I'm begging with big blue puppy dog eyes for a FaceGen Exchanger that works. I've been trying to get my girl into New Vegas for two days and am running into one fail after another :(
Justin Hankins

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 am

I'm begging with big blue puppy dog eyes for a FaceGen Exchanger that works. I've been trying to get my girl into New Vegas for two days and am running into one fail after another :(

PM me on Nexus, Ghouls. I can run you through my method. First step is to get your char's face into a FaceGen preset in FO3, so if you can do that, it'll make my job explaining things a bit easier.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:19 am

I succesfully imported my character from F03 to FNV, for people how are interested, it's a bit tricky but here is how i did it :

• Download the facegen exchange "fo3edit version" http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9064
  • Download FNV edit (beta version) http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34703
  • Download geck for fnv from official site

Now, the trick :

• Open the geck, create a new .esp file by editing one of the npc preset of your character "race" (like "CGPresetCaucasianF01" for caucasian female preset 1 or "CGPresetHispanicM04" for hispanic male preset 4), change the hair for exemple and save (this will create a new esp files with your modification only)
  • Open FNV edit and select only the esp you created before. Browse in your esp and find the line with your modified "CGPreset" npc, click on it and go to facegen data, the will be 3 hexadecimal value.
  • Open facegen exchange and go find your savegame from F03 with your good-looking character and click "transfer". 3 hexadecimal code will appear.
  • Copy the three line in order from facegen exchange and replace the 3 line of facegen data of your esp. Be carefull in fnv edit, you will need to press shift and click on the value for change it, (it will open a long string editor) if you try to use the "edit" function it will broke your esp.
Now launch fallout new vegas, select your esp in the launcher and start a new character or type "showracemenu" in the console for choose your custom preset and enjoy this great game :fallout:

Edit :

Somebody ask me if we can encounter some npc with the same face. (maybe npc use preset ?)
For now, i never found my clone.
But if you want to be sure, you can desactivate the esp after your face has been selected. You can also try to create a new NPC and modify his hexadecimal face data, so no chance that npc use it.
Just select "is chargen face preset", it will render the npc availaible in preset.
Charles Mckinna

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 am

Thanks for the instructions!
TRIsha FEnnesse

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:12 am

I succesfully imported my character from F03 to FNV, for people how are interested, it's a bit tricky but here is how i did it :

• Download the facegen exchange "fo3edit version" http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9064
  • Download FNV edit (beta version) http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34703

Now, the trick :

• Open the geck, create a new .esp file by editing one of the npc preset of your character "race" (like "CGPresetCaucasianF01" for caucasian female preset 1 or "CGPresetHispanicM04" for hispanic male preset 4), change the hair for exemple and save (this will create a new esp files with your modification only)
  • Open FNV edit and select only the esp you created before. Browse in your esp and find the line with your modified "CGPreset" npc, click on it and go to facegen data, the will be 3 hexadecimal value.
  • Open facegen exchange and go find your savegame from F03 with your good-looking character and click "transfer". 3 hexadecimal code will appear.
  • Copy the three line in order from facegen exchange and replace the 3 line of facegen data of your esp. Be carefull in fnv edit, you will need to press shift and click on the value for change it, (it will open a long string editor) if you try to use the "edit" function it will broke your esp.
Now launch fallout new vegas, select your esp in the launcher and start a new character or type "showracemenu" in the console for choose your custom preset and enjoy this great game :fallout:

Ohhhh, shift-click to get the long string editor. I used to doubleclick and that was disabled apparently.

Also, Showracemenu is probably not a good idea for switching races. In Oblivion and FO3 both, it messed up your stats. Find a char of a vanilla race of your choice and use Player.Matchrace after getting their RefID via console mouse selecting.
naana

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 am

Also, Showracemenu is probably not a good idea for switching races. In Oblivion and FO3 both, it messed up your stats. Find a char of a vanilla race of your choice and use Player.Matchrace after getting their RefID via console mouse selecting.

I modified about 3 times my character with showracemenu and i didn't find my stats broken ? What stat the command broke ?
Kortknee Bell

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:57 am

hmm i really am not understanding the directions sadly :(

i do not knwo how to use geck very well, and do not understand how to open up to get hex strings etc...
Cash n Class

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 am

I modified about 3 times my character with showracemenu and i didn't find my stats broken ? What stat the command broke ?

In Fallout 3 showracemenu would cause your perks to reset (they would still be in the perks menu, but all the effects would be gone).

This doesn't seem to happen in New Vegas, but more testing is probably in order.
Marina Leigh

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 am

Is there any way to do this for npcs as well? I want to port my fallout 3's companion face to new vegas. I used fnvedit, copying the facegen values for both her race as well as the npc. Upon loading her face in the geck or upon starting new vegas, i get a crash :(
Does anyone know a solution?? Its pretty much impossible to simply recreate her face in the geck, as those values always change after modifying the face...
I really want my girl to be in new vegas too, so i hope you guys know what to try :)

On a small side note:
Also i noticed that the headtrack timer seems to be broken in new vegas...most npcs dont turn their heads anymore...
Its not an .ini setting and trying to adjust the setting in the geck didnt work either...
Calum Campbell

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:06 am

Upon loading her face in the geck or upon starting new vegas, i get a crash

Have you changed the value in FNV edit with the key "shift" pressed when you click on the value ? This trick will open the long string editor where you can put the value safely. If you do not use it it will broke your esp (so crash in geck & game)
Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Great tip. I spent 2 days trying to get something to work to import my old character.

This worked flawlessly. Thank you.
katie TWAVA

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:36 am

Now, the trick :

Edit :

Somebody ask me if we can encounter some npc with the same face. (maybe npc use preset ?)
For now, i never found my clone.
But if you want to be sure, you can desactivate the esp after your face has been selected. You can also try to create a new NPC and modify his hexadecimal face data, so no chance that npc use it.
Just select "is chargen face preset", it will render the npc availaible in preset.

You don't need to copy all 3 lines. The first line is for symmetrical geometry, which is the one you want to copy for the face structure. The second, asymetrical geometery, is generally all 0s so you don't need to change this unless your data uses it. The third is texture data, only needed if you want your character's skine tones/make up transfered, (as far as i'm aware, please correct me if i got this wrong).
Margarita Diaz

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 am

Have you changed the value in FNV edit with the key "shift" pressed when you click on the value ? This trick will open the long string editor where you can put the value safely. If you do not use it it will broke your esp (so crash in geck & game)

That worked brilliantly !! :D Thanks a lot !!
By the way, for anyone who also has head tracking problems, it seems like New Vega′s Animations (locomotion folder) cause that problem, after swapping them with FO3′s, head tracking works flawlessly again ;)
Joe Alvarado

Post » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm

In Fallout 3 showracemenu would cause your perks to reset (they would still be in the perks menu, but all the effects would be gone).

This doesn't seem to happen in New Vegas, but more testing is probably in order.

Wouldn't it be easier with ShowPlasticSurgeonMenu? The script command used in Pinkerton's dialogue?
i grind hard

Post » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Ah, thanks guys. I just got my copy of the game today - sometimes it pays to be late! You've already figured out what I wanted to know. Awesome!
Elizabeth Falvey

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:34 am

I actually posted this earlier but it went the way of the forum abyss. So i figured I would give it a hot here.

I am still banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to pull the FaceGen data from a NV save, NOT a FO3 save (I see there is a workaround for that now)

I don't care how at this point earthier by looking through the hex line by line (Unfortunately i don't even know what I am looking for, and trying to reverse engineer how the FaceGen exchanger for FO3Edit works was a bust) Or if someone can make a small utility like FaceGen Exchanger for NVEdit.

I am trying to make a custom race and desperately want my current character to be one of the main presets.

Alternatively if anyone knows a "brute force" method on how to faithfully recreate a character face in G.E.C.K. based strictly on the slider info from the in game FaceGen that would work also. What exactly is the slider conversion since they are obviously clamped in game? Best i can tell from the ini files is that they are clamped at +-3.5 but trying to use a 35% reduction on the sliders in G.E.C.K. while closer still does not yield anything remotely close to an accurate reconstruction.

Thanks for the help
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 am

I followed Kospy's instructions and it didn't work for me. The thing is I don't have my saves from FO3 anymore so I used a FaceGen .fg file as a source in facegen exchange "fo3edit version".

The result is that the face doesn't look at all like the one i made in FaceGen, it looks like another random face :(

Is there no other way but to use FO3 saves?
Roberta Obrien

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:27 am

I followed Kospy's instructions and it didn't work for me. The thing is I don't have my saves from FO3 anymore so I used a FaceGen .fg file as a source in facegen exchange "fo3edit version".

The result is that the face doesn't look at all like the one i made in FaceGen, it looks like another random face :(

It's been my experience that the info doesn't always transfer correctly from .fg files. You may need to transfer it several times or change your character's race to get it right.
CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 pm

What is the proper way to put a face from facegen file to FO3 save? Because using FO3 exchanger doesn't seem to work... I've tried making completely different faces in FaceGen and the exchanger gives me the same values every time! What am I doing wrong? My FaceGen version is 3.1.2.

BTW - I'd even go with entering all slider values manually in geck but when i change one value and then the next, the previous one updates and changes... how do i enter them all manually? ticking "clamp" doesn't seem to help :(
Lifee Mccaslin

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:02 am

There are two different FaceGen Exchangers. The one for copying onto a Fallout 3 save is http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4094.
Input from your .fg file and Output to your FO3 save. Again, it may not take on the first try. You could lose your character's eyebrows too. That's always alarming to see.
MR.BIGG

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:26 am

I've had a quick look at my New Vegas saves and I should be able to adapt my FaceGen Exchanger to accept New Vegas saves. The format looks similar except for the first few bytes (the New Vegas save file header has an extra variable for the save game's language).

When I have the time I'll throw something together.
Ryan Lutz

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 am

What is the proper way to put a face from facegen file to FO3 save? Because using FO3 exchanger doesn't seem to work... I've tried making completely different faces in FaceGen and the exchanger gives me the same values every time! What am I doing wrong? My FaceGen version is 3.1.2.

BTW - I'd even go with entering all slider values manually in geck but when i change one value and then the next, the previous one updates and changes... how do i enter them all manually? ticking "clamp" doesn't seem to help :(

You need the "FaceGen Exchange FO3Edit" version, which instead of copying FaceGen data, provides three strings for you to paste into FO3Edit.

Instead, use FONVEdit, and alter one of the existing presets. Copy a CG preset of the desired race/six as an override, and then shift-doubleclick the FaceGen presets, and then copy-paste wholesale the values out of the FaceGen Exchange FO3Edit. The first line is symmetrical geometry, the second is assymetric and is usually just a lone of 00s and can be ignored, and the third is textures.
Trish

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 am

I've had a quick look at my New Vegas saves and I should be able to adapt my FaceGen Exchanger to accept New Vegas saves. The format looks similar except for the first few bytes (the New Vegas save file header has an extra variable for the save game's language).

When I have the time I'll throw something together.

That would be very appreciated :)
stacy hamilton

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas