My Fallout 3 experience

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:59 am

Please excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes for English is not my native language :(
Here are my thoughts on the game and some of the things my character did:
!!!Heavy spoilers!!!

The first thing that comes to mind when I finished fallout 3 was how most people(NPC) are jerks and/or full of themselves, most of the time willing to use my character for their own selfish desires without a proper reward… and most treat him/her like [censored], even after going out of my way to help them.
One rule I tend to follow when playing any RPG is that my character (good or evil) always DEMANDS respect. He doesn’t take crap from anyone, no matter the reasoning or consequences… and its no surprise he didn’t like the Wasteland much cause most people treat him like [censored] for no reason… no wonder most lose their heads after meeting him . He is usually neutral and respectful to those who respect him.

Moriarty got snippy and tried to use him… so his detached head was set on display at the bars counter. Jerico talked down to him even dared to insult him which earned him a place in the mud puddle by the nuke.

Doc Churc lost his legs for telling my guy “don’t bother me, or follow MY rules” still pisses me of the slaver peace of ****.
Roy Philips got his face ripped off for calling my guy stupid, so did Gustavo`s for saying he calls the shots. The snobs that dared to talk down to my boy are dead… (Some that I liked survived thou).
Once I let the ghouls in thinking that Roy would thank me by giving me the nice CLEAN room so I don’t have to live in that stinken whole at Megaton… well I was outraged when he didn’t and naturally murdered him brutally.

It’s a shame my guy couldn’t discipline the snotty brats at LLL or Paradise falls, although the slavers learned their place… and those that didn’t are dead.
Every Outcast who called him wild wife or insulted him is dogmeat :) . The high and mighty brotherhood guard in front of the citadel got to meet Jack(the unique ripper) up close.

Most people that told him “don’t even think of braking into.. blahblahblah are dead. Seriously that’s really getting old … and most of the time he doesn’t want to steal the useless crap. (even after I save megaton and its sheriff its people don’t trust me, they show how grateful they are by giving me random trash and keep ripping me off at the shops…) The town is full of scum…a conmen, a junky, a raider, a pedophile ( not sure…), a slaver, a [censored](well maybe not so bad), crazy fanatics… the few people I did like ware spared.

Three dog got a mine in his bed for making my character go into the hearth of the mutant infested Wasteland for a tiny useless piece of information and no real reward.
“President” Dave and Dukov got turned into paste by Eugene :P for being full of themselves.

My guy put up with Moira till the very end, but the wise crack “why would I put you in something so dangerous” after my guy had his bones broken, got shot at, eradieted, blown up, bitten..etc for her was too much.

Dr. Lee got a lot of pain for not helping me with stimpacks “got problems of my own” huh, and latter having the nerve to boss my guy around. The guy who called him a snotty brat “accidentally” died in the tunnels.
One of the scientists, the one that betrayed dad… I was thinking of sparing, but after she snidely said “what are you gonna do kill me?” I was like “Hell yea!!” :)

These are just some of examples of how terrible people of the Wasteland are… I mean come on… but the ones that really take the cake are Charon and the vault dwellers.
I did everything for Amata even spared her dad and on my second playthrough and she kicks me out of the vault? WTF. Buch`s mother DARES to tell me “good riddance” and “get out” even after I rescued her? Well I’m glad I had Vengeance with me! My [censored] father scolds me for leaving the vault? Didn’t it occurred to him that the psycho overseer would have me torn apart even if I surrender, that my guy had no choice but to go search for him? Later he had the nerve to send the character to battle hordes of mutants after wanting “to keep him safe” all his life.

Charon… to think I even liked the stinking corpse and gave it the best gear in the game. At the end he betrays me by snidely refusing to go into the purifier even thou I never thought of him as a tool or a servant … ghouls are immune to radiation so it’s pure betrayal (i wont even start on the how ridiculous it is for Fawkes not going in)… I executed the ghoul several times for that! To think how many times I had to reload when he died in the field…

Thank you Bethesda for making it possible to have my vengeance :]... unlike in some of the other RPGs I played.
One of the only things i didn't like about the game, is that just as in oblivion there are too few voice actors, and the whole world "freezes" when you talk to a NPC

Oh and I like Oblivion better if anyone's wandering... I`m more of a spell caster kind of guy :P ... and the guilds ware awesome.

That’s it for my rant thanks for reading :) .
Write some of your own

ps: sorry posted in the wrong forum please move the thread
Roberta Obrien

Return to Fallout Series Discussion