Fallout 4 Faction Roleplay Interest CheckDiscussion Thread

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:24 am

Moving the discussion from Smiley's character RP thread.

So yeah, this is just a general thread on how many people would like to do a Columbia style faction RP for Fallout 4. If you don't know what Columbia is or know how a faction RP works. See this IC thread for an example:

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1511689-ashes-of-columbia-a-capital-wasteland-roleplay-iii/page-4?hl=%2Bcolumbia#entry23939355

The just of it is that every player takes control of a single faction and roleplays characters within that faction to direct their faction's actions and to shape the course of the RP. There is no set story: the RP is what you make of it. Like a game of Risk.

This will just be a discussion about possible Faction RP's for Fallout 4, who's interested, and ideas about how to avoid major spoilers for people who aren't quite far enough in the story and want to avoid the main plot points (but still would like to participate in the RP).

It may be too soon to start this up, but this can just be a placeholder for a potential RP.

Harry Leon

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm definitely interested in a Columbia-esque RP. In the interest of avoiding spoilers we could even have it set a few years before the game starts too. For example. We know the Brotherhood had sent expeditions to the Commonwealth before (two to be exact, if memory serves) and the Minutemen still had a substantial presence a few years back as well.
CORY

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:39 am

I'd really like to participate, if this gets off the ground.

Get back into the swing of things. B)

lisa nuttall

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:40 am

I might join only because I saw how far the colombia RP went and was upset I wasnt a part of it

Dean Brown

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:21 pm

I don't think it will not until a majority have beaten Fallout 4, I'm far enough into the game to be near the end so I wouldn't mind. But so far that'd be only four people.

Laura Tempel

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 am

Yeah at the moment we don't have enough to start, but who knows? Could change. I might PM a couple of the Columbia regulars and see if they'd be interested.

Courtney Foren

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:46 am

True enough. I think I'm one mission away from the end, somewhere in that range, so I have the gist of everything at least. Anyway, looks like we'll have to wait.

And I was so excited about being the Brotherhood. :wink_smile:

Danielle Brown

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:08 am

Id be interested. Ive been thinking about a coastal faction
Ann Church

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:55 am

Yeah I'd like to take on the Institute myself.

Alex [AK]

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:16 am

Thinking about what faction I'd prefer, I toyed with the idea of taking on the Institute. I'm definitely excited for the day when I get my shot to take the helm. Once they were revealed in the story, I was hooked.

The Minutemen, with some work, could be interesting too.

Austin Suggs

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 am

I was thinking Goodneighbor or Diamond City. I had given thought to the Minutemen but it seemed like such and obvious choice. Though I may think about them some more now.

Cheryl Rice

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:21 am

A lot of the factions have a lot of potential, and knowing the crew on these boards, even bland placeholders like the Gunners can be made into something unique and intriguing.

However, a select few have things really going for them, namely the main factions. I think the Railroad lacks a bit, but there's material to work with.

Chloe :)

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:22 am

I think whoever took on the minutemen would have to remember that their basically an ad-hoc military, not necessarily a trained military force.

That said, a central coordinating presence at the castle makes sense.

We'd really have to figure out some espionage mechanics or agree upon some rules there for the Commonwealth faction RP, because two of the biggest factions, The Railroad and The Institute very heavily rely on infiltrators to get the job done.

Kat Lehmann

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:29 am

Martyr had that roll system in what was it, the zombie RP? That offered some random chance. If we adapted that to stealth it might help us determine if our actions would be discovered.

Gwen

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:40 am

That's what I was thinking too, but with time whoever took them on could shape them up and organize them.

I'd imagine the Castle would be one of their bigger goals, something they had to fight for. Probably not something they start off with, at least.

Agreed and chance might be the best way to handle it.

This sort of mechanic might be best.

Lily Something

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:09 am

dang now you guys are getting me excited for this RP I already beat the game so I know the spoilers. I'm not sure what Faction i would want to play as though lol. Maybe gunners since they were like an underdeveloped Talon Company

clelia vega

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:36 am

Well I mean I could go ahead and throw up a sign-up thread and see where this goes.

All told we have, 6 people interested? Honestly just a couple more (maybe three) and we could probably start. Give or take.

In the interests of avoiding spoilers, I'd first and foremost recommend we not including anything with the Sole Survivor, his family, or the obvious major reveals in the game. That said, I think inevitably some spoilers are going to come out of this. Namely: location descriptions, faction motivations, settings etc.

But we could pretty easily avoid the most significant plot twists in the game.

Britta Gronkowski

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 am

There are going to be spoilers its inevitable. I would say in the very first line in the sign up you make it clear that there may be spoilers and the RP is only recommended for people that beat the game, close to beating it or don't care about spoilers.

Hussnein Amin

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:59 am

Well in Columbia, we usually avoid references to the protagonist anyway. And either act as if he never existed, or died soon after encountering the wasteland.

So for instance (*F4 plot spoilers, in case the unwary are traversing this thread*)

Spoiler
I was going to avoid calling Father by his real name. So he could exist, but the major plot twist would still by-and-large remain unspoiled.

But you're probably right regardless.

willow

Return to Fallout Series Discussion