Fallout Movie?

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Hey I was on IGN searching up Fallout stuff and I found http://movies.ign.com/articles/974/974264p1.html, so do you think there would be a Fallout movie
Stacey Mason

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Bah! Mad Max is the only post-apocalyptic [censored] I need in my movies.
BRIANNA

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:25 am

I hardly think it will come full circle, mostly because videogame movies just don't pull it off. Just look at Max Payne. That movie was TERRIBLE! If you want another post-apocalyptic movie, just wait for "The Book of Eli". A Fallout movie would probably end in the "Z-movie" section.
Dan Wright

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 pm

video games make [censored] movies, fact of life.
Joanne Crump

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 pm

I'd guess it's Bethesda's method to preemptively abort what is almost certain to turn in to a total gobbler
Batricia Alele

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Actually, this is a standard practice when a corporationg aquires a marketable product that they didn't make. It's not so much that Bethesda plans to make a movie, it's that they're covering their bases before some goof comes by and makes a FO movie that's worse than Plan 9 from Outer Space (which is regarded as the worst film in movie history.)

So, it's doubtful that a FO movie will come by. Especially since the American public isn't too interested in non-zombie-apocalypse movies (which is the primary reason the Resident Evil movies did so well.)
Sweet Blighty

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:52 pm

'Covering all bases' is probably more apt than you think.

Interplay was far from a effective entity by the end of it's tenure with fallout (http://www.actiontrip.com/link.phtml?http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25226, if portions of the internet are to be believed).

With the rights now squarely in Bethesda/Zenimax's hands it's a preemptive move to cut off any other potential desperation moves that Interplay made and might have conveniently 'Forgot' about from back in the day.

After all, the last thing they need is for Uwe Boll to suddenly end up with the movie rights because they forgot to make sure said rights were secured.
Harry Hearing

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 am

Bah! Mad Max is the only post-apocalyptic [censored] I need in my movies.

Road warrior is more like fallout......
Cody Banks

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:50 pm

I think they would really mess it up like all other video game movies
naana

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:24 pm

It would be nice to see but I'm not holding my breath...
Emily Rose

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Please no !

The only video game movie adaption which i would consider "ok" was the Silent Hill movie.
No masterpiece but good, faithful to the franchise and watchable. Propably as the father of Silent Hill was actively involved into its making.

Something one cannot claim about all the crap movies like Resident Evil or Doom which were all so bad one does not know what to mention first.
Ysabelle

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:09 pm

I don't think a Fallout movie would work out too well. Looking at the history of video games, it seems that it is not difficult to find examples of video games adapted from other intellectual properties, sometimes very good ones, which have been less than stellar, however, it seems that transferring a video game to cinemas is even more prone to have less than desirable results, as demonstrated by the poor performance of most video game movies. As to Fallout, the setting itself might make for an alright movie, but one can easily imagine it falling pray to the usual problems that kill most video game movies. And of course, no matter how well done a Fallout movie could be, even if it gets the setting right, the tone, the atmosphere, and has the best writing and characters you could hope for, it still won't be able to capture the interactivity of the game, a fate that befalls all video game based productions in a non-interactive medium, but Fallout especially would suffer, as no Fallout movie could have the choices Fallout fans always ask for.
Minako

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 am

Previous bad video game movies does not guarantee future ones have to be bad. That's faulty logic.

A Fallout movie could come out great if care was given to the right parts. Characters, story and visual themes namely.

A post-apocalyptic story about a guy from a pre-war vault is forced into the wasteland and must survive, gets caught up in something much larger than ever anticipated and saves the day. Sounds pretty generic, but that's Fallout. It's what you fill in the gaps with that will make or break it.
Lifee Mccaslin

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:43 pm

If a Fallout movie were to be made, obviously we would expect Drakortha to direct it, if it's to be any good.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakortha

:)
AnDres MeZa

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

LOL I'm not sure he would translate to real movies, but his machinima is some of the best Fallout stuff I've seen.
i grind hard

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3WIX9L82qM is probably the best fan-made movie trailer I've seen, and I would run to the cinema to see it. However I think Beth have only copyrighted the name for TV/Film to protect what is theirs rather than act on a movie, but I would love to see one made.

As long as it didn't have aliens in it.
Lily Something

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:19 pm

I hope that Mel Gibson and Ron Perlman get episode roles in it.
Mimi BC

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 am

Movie would certainly be vistited by me (several times, until it goes out of theatres, then downloaded to be able to watch it until the DVD gets released, buy the DVD, the Special Edition DVD, The Blu-ray, The special Edition Blu-ray, The directors cut etc.etc.)

To be short, I'd Love it.

Of course most game adaptions svck, but that's either Uwe Boll directing them, or the lack of lore to the game.

The Doom movie was decent, I enjoyed watching it and not having to throw up afterwards. But Doom hasn't such extended lore as fallout. It's basicly base on mars a virus turning people into demons you kill them. Doom2 is Earth, a virus turning people into demons you kill them. Doom 3 is basicly base on mars a virus turning people into demons you kill them, but with better graphics.

Fallout however has so many additional lore (122 vaults, all with different experiments. That's 122 survivor movies ppl!) not even to mention the lore that still can be added (the rest of the world outside of the states) so if they can find some good story writers, and a decent budget this can be pretty big. Hell, the fallout main stories make decent movies for themselves, if they are a little rewritten.
CORY

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm

The Doom movie was decent, I enjoyed watching it and not having to throw up afterwards. But Doom hasn't such extended lore as fallout. It's basicly base on mars a virus turning people into demons you kill them. Doom2 is Earth, a virus turning people into demons you kill them. Doom 3 is basicly base on mars a virus turning people into demons you kill them, but with better graphics.

Wha? Where'd you get the idea about a virus causing all of that in Doom?

The Doom series has ALWAYS been about the gates of hell opening up, and demons flooding the military base you are stationed at. Sure, MAYBE there's a virus that causes dead people to reanimate, but that would be as far as it goes. If it was a virus, then WTF was with all the satanic imagry in and around Phobos, Mars, and mentions of the Devil and Hell in Doom 3? And How do you explain the good ol' "hell" levels with the virus expanation?

That is why the Doom movie was horrible; it kicked out any attempt at following Doom's lore, and instead turned it into Resident Evil in Space.
Carlitos Avila

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Err...pretty much everything in your post is incorrect. :biglaugh:
Chloe Lou

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Let's not forget a film based on Cormac McCarthy's The Road is coming out Nov. 25....the book was amazing, here's to hoping the movie lives up to the hype.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/
Natalie Taylor

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:41 pm

cat wait for the Road
Bird

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:18 pm

The Road looks fantastic, I really enjoyed the book (it made me cry lol). It's Fallout-y to a certain degree but there's no military or anything in it.
Vickytoria Vasquez

Return to Fallout Series Discussion