Fallout 3 much more different than the Original Fallout?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 am

Fallout 3, is a game made by Bethesda Softworks a ZeniMax Media Company, and thus it was formerly made by Black Isles Studios, until it signed it's rights over to Bethesda, and seeing it improved greatly, I'm a fan of the Original fallouts, but I am a very highly affiliated with Fallout 3, it is great, especially when mods are added, with or without mods, it is a great game. Seeing that Bethesda improved the game, I wish to know when their next game comes out?
Kristian Perez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:47 am

Yeah man, Fallout: New Vegas should be coming out next year i believe...

ninja edit: you've been here for almost a year now... but congrats on your first post!
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 am

Agreed, fallout with OR without mods is great.
I don't think you understand what "affiliated" means, though.
kyle pinchen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

Technically speaking, it was Interplay that sold the rights to Fallout, not Black Isle. Black Isle had no say in the issue and in fact the Fallout team at BI wanted to buy the rights themselves so they could keep the series going independently of Interplay, but they were outbid/outspent by Bethesda. But the fact that Beth offered the opportunity to Obsidian to develop a new Fallout game shows just how much respect Beth has for the original games and their developers.

Yeah man, Fallout: New Vegas should be coming out next year i believe...

New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian, not Bethesda.
Anthony Diaz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Technically speaking, it was Interplay that sold the rights to Fallout, not Black Isle. Black Isle had no say in the issue and in fact the Fallout team at BI wanted to buy the rights themselves so they could keep the series going independently of Interplay, but they were outbid/outspent by Bethesda. But the fact that Beth offered the opportunity to Obsidian to develop a new Fallout game shows just how much respect Beth has for the original games and their developers.

New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian, not Bethesda.

Actually blackisle or interplay was going bankrupt is the whole story on that one. I'm sure they would have keept the rights the game if they didn't go bankrupt.
Arrogant SId

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

Actually blackisle or interplay was going bankrupt is the whole story on that one. I'm sure they would have keept the rights the game if they didn't go bankrupt.

Black Isle was going under? Man...they made almost all my favorite games. I always wondered what happened to them...but I never would have guessed. I figured they just got absorbed and changed their name or something.

That svcks, but I doubt anyone that was on that team is starving. Geinus like that get's snatched up in a heartbeat.
He got the

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am

Yea, thats like saying Quake is different from Quake 4...
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 am

Black Isle was going under? Man...they made almost all my favorite games. I always wondered what happened to them...but I never would have guessed. I figured they just got absorbed and changed their name or something.

That svcks, but I doubt anyone that was on that team is starving. Geinus like that get's snatched up in a heartbeat.

BI was part of Interplay and Interplay was tanking because of some very made management so they sacked BI. BI it self was doing just fine. Anyway alot of former FO guys are working over at Obsidion now and they are making FO: New Vegas.

ALso to the OP IT barely if at all has anything the same as the originals, gameplay wise. FO3 is basically Oblivion total conversion with FO wallpaper.
aisha jamil

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 am

We have a thread open in the "Fallout Series" section for comparisions of the three games. Please use that one:
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1053797
Phillip Hamilton

Return to Fallout 3