Fallout 4 multiplayer idea

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:42 am

So I love all the Fallout games, but have always wanted a multiplayer addition to the game. I don't expect it to be anything like COD or Battlefield, but with the settlements I think it would be interesting to be able to send settlers on missions like raids or occupations of other players settlements. similar to what you can do in the Assassins Creed games. I know that this idea needs lots of work and I doubt it will really ever amount to much, but I am mainly doing this to see what other Fallout fans think of this idea. ?I do realize that Fallout 4 wont be a multiplayer without Mods in the future, I am more interested in other players opinions on the matter.

Michelle davies

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:45 pm

wrong place for this post there is a threats about this in the General forum

Nikki Lawrence

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:13 am

There is never going to be multiplayer in Fallout 4. It's not really something that you can patch in after the fact. It has to be implemented from the ground up to be done well. 10 years from now someone will create a multiplayer mod for FO4 that will kind of work roughly half of the time. That's the only way you'll ever have multiplayer in FO4.

Personally I don't want Fallout to ever be a multiplayer game. It's a single player role playing game and I don't need or want it to be anything more than that. I've seen multiplayer come in and essentially ruin game franchises that used to be great, and I don't want that to happen to Fallout.

This thread is probably going to get deleted, FYI. There's already a thread discussing multiplayer Fallout.

Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Generally speaking, Multiplayer support needs to be in the game from the beginning.

There's some demand for it, based on all the multiplayer mods that spring up, but most end without going too far due to technical issues.

For instance, the only "successful" one I know of for any gamesas title has a playabke alpha. It kicks you off the server the moment you access your inventory, and can support something like 5 players at most.
Mariana

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:06 pm

yeah I didn't expect them to add it to fallout 4, sorry I should have mentioned that, and I get what you are saying about multiplayer wrecking franchises. I was just curious to get other players opinions. and I was unaware of the thread in GF so ill go check that out. THanks

Soph

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:26 am

Honestly, I think multiplayer needs to stay out of the Fallout franchise and every other single player franchise for that matter. Not all games need to or should have multiplayer tacked onto them.

Krystina Proietti

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:01 pm

No!

Daniel Brown

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:00 am

I think it would be cool to have a maximum of 1 friend that can join in to replace your companion, it would make it easier to show off my hard work on settlement building.

Maybe in the next game ;)

Charlotte Henderson

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:58 am

I am planning to improvise some sort of a multiplayer together with a friend, he will craft a robot, and I will craft a robot, I will use the parts he chose for his robot on one in my game and he will do the same. And on the upcoming arena, we put both robots with the parts each other decided into a fight.

At least I hope that's possible with the wasteland workshop.

meghan lock

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:16 am

No please, have we've not seen what Multiplayer does to great games? Look at GTA V. A game that could of been but was cut short because they focus the majority of their time on Multiplayer.

Mylizards Dot com

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 pm

There is already a thread over in the Fallout Series Discussion that covers this topic.

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1581454-fallout-multiplayer-discussion-thread/?hl=+fallout%20+multiplayer

Rich O'Brien

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Agreed , +1 for this post.

Co op wouldn't be bad , but then they will have to make something similar to Borderlands , evertytime someone join your game enemies get stronger , if they don't scale , people will complain for being too easy , and if they scale , well that should be A LOT of work to do , and I bet that Beth devs have much more other stuff to do with this game as it is now.

Ilona Neumann

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Bethesda Game Studios developed video games will never work well with multiplayer and should never have multiplayer.

The video games market is flooded with too many video games that have some type of multiplayer component.

Let Bethesda Game Studios develop and sell singleplayer only video games.

Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Yeah Rockstar are killing their own franchise atm, I'll not buy a GTA6 if it has multiplayer

luis ortiz

Return to Fallout 4