Fallout 3 multiplayer patch?

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:50 am

I keep hearing rumors ( mainly from friends on Xbox live ) that the next patch will give fallout 3 multiplayer.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:40 pm

It's not. As far as I know there are no planned patches. Plus, multiplayer would defeat the purpose of being the Lone Wanderer.
Alba Casas

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:53 am

Alright thanks :) im a little disapointed. When i was a kid and played the playstation 1 + 2 i had no clue that it was possible to get online and play with other people, but now i do :*(. Now i have the xbox 360 and im hooked to every game that has live and so when i play games that dont have live i feel depressed and alone ( except when i join a private chat with a friend who is also playing ).
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:53 am

Who told you this nonsense? It should be a crime to say such words of blapshemy.

But, if it comforts you a bit, there is a Fallout MMO on the makes (please god/allah/buddha don't let it happen) developed by Interplay but it's at the moment being bombarded by Bethesda because they broke their deal with the latter (YES, YES!)
Clea Jamerson

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:23 am

A patch fixes things... not adds things.

But, if it comforts you a bit, there is a Fallout MMO on the makes (please god/allah/buddha don't let it happen) developed by Interplay but it's at the moment being bombarded by Bethesda because they broke their deal with the latter (YES, YES!)

I agree completely. A MMO would be ridiculously nonsensical.
Destinyscharm

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:47 pm

Multiplayer = Uber fun
Solo = Fun but gradually gets boring

Multiplayer wins :D let's add multiplayer to fallout 3 plox.
Alex Vincent

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Alright thanks :) im a little disapointed. When i was a kid and played the playstation 1 + 2 i had no clue that it was possible to get online and play with other people, but now i do :*(. Now i have the xbox 360 and im hooked to every game that has live and so when i play games that dont have live i feel depressed and alone ( except when i join a private chat with a friend who is also playing ).

I miss my 360 :sadvaultboy: it broke on Thursday, right at the beginning of a 2 week break from school.
George PUluse

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 am

Multiplayer = Uber fun
Solo = Fun but gradually gets boring

Multiplayer wins :D let's add multiplayer to fallout 3 plox.

Unless you play with a group of intelligent people, multiplayer svcks.
Because all you ever get are screaming idiots over how you are unfair/how l33t they are/how your race should extinguished/troll/etc.
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:40 am

Unless you play with a group of intelligent people, multiplayer svcks.
Because all you ever get are screaming idiots over how you are unfair/how l33t they are/how your race should extinguished/troll/etc.

Or of course you'll end up with your friends who DONT complain, who make up jokes about what's going on and actually help you / play the game :).
Cameron Garrod

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Or of course you'll end up with your friends who DONT complain, who make up jokes about what's going on and actually help you / play the game :).

which I stated in the first line.
Paula Ramos

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 pm

which I stated in the first line.

Which i restated in that.
Amy Cooper

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Which i restated in that.

Oh. I read it as a disagreement.
Sorry about that.
Caroline flitcroft

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:40 pm

This game, the one we are playing right now, would be a monstrous disaster as a multiplayer game.

And what really puzzles me about your position is this. What help could you possibly need in this game...ever?

I suggest you pick up a companion. I get lonely roaming around in the Wasteland by myself and having someone with me (even though he or they are inadequate in many ways) is better than being alone.
Angel Torres

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Multiplayer is a major feature that really needs to be incorporated in to the base engine for it to work well. This makes it extremely difficult to add multiplayer in after the fact, and if they did this it would require re-doing a lot of the code.

Back when Morrowind's first expansion was announced many people wondered if it would add multiplayer support so it was a common interview question. Pete explained that they had finite resources to spend on each game and they'd rather spend them all on what the game was intended to be than sacrifice a large chunk of their resources (and multiplayer is very resource heavy) to add a different game mode.

If anyone wants to continue discussing the topic we have a http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=976152&st=0&start=0. Please keep the discussion open-minded and civil. Yes it is unlikely that a core Fallout (or TES) game will ever have multiplayer, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility with a spin off. Two Elder Scrolls spin offs (Battlespire and Shadowkey) have had multiplayer support so it's certainly possible that Bethesda will consider something like this for Fallout.
Euan

Return to Fallout 3