[FalloutOnline]Fallout 3 Multiplayer

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Hello,

I am announcing that I have just picked up my pre-order of Fallout 3 ( collectors wasn't available GRRRR ) and will very soon start porting my OblivionOnline Release "V" to Fallout 3.
The mod is available at obliviononline.com although no releases have been made so far for Fallout 3. Our website is unfortunately unavailable as we have some difficulties with the server which we hope to have resolved shortly.
OblivionOnline's "Release V" architecture that I wrote during the last 13 months features an amazing netcode, amazing server entensibility and other cool features. It was designed with the imminent Release of Fallout 3 in mind and consequently is built towards being adapted for the new game VERY quickly.

PLease notice that any release is still some time away, as finishing Release "V" for Oblivion has a higher priority.

Thank you for waiting,

Julian Bangert
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 am

Hello,

I am announcing that I have just picked up my pre-order of Fallout 3 ( collectors wasn't available GRRRR ) and will very soon start porting my OblivionOnline Release "V" to Fallout 3.
The mod is available at obliviononline.com although no releases have been made so far for Fallout 3. Our website is unfortunately unavailable as we have some difficulties with the server which we hope to have resolved shortly.
OblivionOnline's "Release V" architecture that I wrote during the last 13 months features an amazing netcode, amazing server entensibility and other cool features. It was designed with the imminent Release of Fallout 3 in mind and consequently is built towards being adapted for the new game VERY quickly.

PLease notice that any release is still some time away, as finishing Release "V" for Oblivion has a higher priority.

Thank you for waiting,

Julian Bangert

Are you kidding? With mods and multiplayer capabilities this game would be one of the best RPGs in YEARS... multiplayer? YOURE KIDDING RIGHT?!?
xemmybx

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:02 am

Too bad I cannot even browse to the site obliviononline.com.
BlackaneseB

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:21 am

same, please update your hyperllink
Laura Ellaby

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Has anyone ever tried the "fallout mobile"?
Its on no mutants allowed.
The prog works on windows mobile 5&6. I have it on my HTC8525. You cant do much in it except talk to a few people, but it looks just like fallout 1&2. I was kinda thinking some publisher/developer would pick up the idea from the Ruskies that made it and make a mobile MMORPG out of it. Imagine having fallout on your phone at anytime!
Thats some 'casual' gaming that I would be down with.
For the longest time I was hoping that gamesas would make an Oblivion patch that would turn the Arena into a multiplayer area. For instance, say you could go there and sign up to fight other people online, or with other poeple against creatures for exp, gold, and noteriety. I think I would spend some time there. No story involved just good ole fashioned pugilism. If they happened to do this for fallout, I would be immensely happy. Not sure how VATS could possibly play into it well, but I am not a dev. lol, that would be their problem.
carly mcdonough

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:56 am

Has anyone ever tried the "fallout mobile"?
Its on no mutants allowed.
The prog works on windows mobile 5&6. I have it on my HTC8525. You cant do much in it except talk to a few people, but it looks just like fallout 1&2. I was kinda thinking some publisher/developer would pick up the idea from the Ruskies that made it and make a mobile MMORPG out of it. Imagine having fallout on your phone at anytime!
Thats some 'casual' gaming that I would be down with.
For the longest time I was hoping that gamesas would make an Oblivion patch that would turn the Arena into a multiplayer area. For instance, say you could go there and sign up to fight other people online, or with other poeple against creatures for exp, gold, and noteriety. I think I would spend some time there. No story involved just good ole fashioned pugilism. If they happened to do this for fallout, I would be immensely happy. Not sure how VATS could possibly play into it well, but I am not a dev. lol, that would be their problem.

I have no clue what that website is. PM me plz.
Angela

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:39 am

The website will be back shortly... sorry
Daniel Lozano

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:36 am

http://www.hot.ee/fallout0/

Good thing you've got me when Google is so darn hard to use.
Arnold Wet

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:54 pm

that would be so cool to be able to play co-op.

hopefully one day there will be an update for that for the 360
Laura Hicks

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Hmm, a Fallout PW server would be nice..although I don't think you'll ever get over 12 players running online with reasonable ping, and framerate. Of course I'm usually wrong about these things.
Mel E

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Hmm, a Fallout PW server would be nice..although I don't think you'll ever get over 12 players running online with reasonable ping, and framerate. Of course I'm usually wrong about these things.

Um, I think you are all missing a major factor in multiplayer for this...how would VATS be handled..?
jessica Villacis

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 am

Um, I think you are all missing a major factor in multiplayer for this...how would VATS be handled..?

Possibly everything within a certain radius is slowed down or stopped.
Alex Vincent

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:46 am

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_series#Fallout_MMOG

So if they dont have 30$m by and start by 4 April 2009, it goes back to Bethesda.

Not to mention, even if they do release such a thing, don't expect it until 2012 at the earliest.

I've read the license agreement several times, and the whole thing always sounded like it was bethesda's way of ensuring that the project never got off the ground without overtly coming in and shutting everything down, looking like the bully. Fallout is now a very powerful franchise again, and they don't want an MMO out there diluting it.
cosmo valerga

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:54 am

Is it really possible to mod in Multiplayer? Because if it is, that's simply mind blowing!
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:43 am

hell yeah but vat wouldnt work... definatly looking forward to it
Invasion's

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Also, while I am NOT trying to troll this thread, I think it's only fair that the readers realize what we're talking about, here. This isn't a fully XBox360-style coop. At best, you will see your friends' characters as they perform their actions, and you will be able to chat with them. Spawns (and so, of course, fighting) will take place on client-side, separate from one another. Times (like day/night cycle) and quests won't sync up -- so while one person walks around the crater that was once Megaton, the other may walk straight into a living city they see in front of them (and disappear from the other's screen).

Again, I'm not trying to nay-say, here. My girlfriend and I play online Oblivion. But that's because we were already playing Oblivion on the other side of the room from one another, and thought it would be fun to run by the other person's player now and then, jump up and down, and run off. :P All that said, it's an ambitious and impressive project, and the coding that has gone into it is top-notch (I've never seen anything simpler to set up with no problems than the Oblivion Online server app!).

And this was awhile ago... so if major updates to server-side syncing have taken place since then, I'll delete this in shame, of course. :P
Kelvin

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:02 am

Fallout 3 Co-Op + VATS

How is that going to work? My buddy enters VATS and I get "paused"? Do we enter VATS together combing AP Points?

MMM I think I will wait for the MMO
Mario Alcantar

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Ok, so in reading this a few things came to mind...

For all the cynics out there, it IS possible yet hard to mod this game for Multiplayer support. Questions have been asked and judging from some of the mods already made, there are answers to some...

First off, I personally do not want an MMO. The world of fallout is FAR too small for an MMO. Instead, make this game like rainbow six vegas, where you can have up to 4 players in one server. Introducing more would just make the game unbalanced (even 4 skilled players will unbalance it, but wouldnt just having a buddy do that?). The hard part is that fallout 3 is a constantly changing world depending on character actions, so in essance you would have to create an instance on a server (or a local file is possible) to refer to and it would have to update for all players even if the player is not online (because you dont want to play ONLY when everyone is on)

VATS? Eliminate it. Honestly, although nice to have mechanically it would svck if one player chooses to use it, the other would either have to wait, or share some kind of combat. If you think VATS is a huge part of fallout 3, then try to "instance" a VATS battle, in other words, once I hit my VATS key, no other player can touch the monster im fighting and a red ring will show around us. Once the vats process is complete, time will speed up a bit for the player that was in vats and the few seconds they missed.

Sleeping? When A player sleeps, time flies by! What happens to the players who are awake? My solution would be to implement a real time mod. Seconds pass by like seconds would in real life. When you "sleep" you would log off basically leaving ur character sleeping. yes, if another player gets on, sees that you are sleeping, they can sandman you, take ur junk, and you must create a new character, thats why you play with people you know (or game clans) but thats how the wastes are. Have a perk that deters that (I have seen perks created, a perk to protect against sandman, avaiable at level one, is not a bad idea).

Basically, I have tons of ideas that can make this post a novel. I can not make them becase I am justlearning the editor, have a full time job, and a lot of other things I am doing and my job requires a lot of me. I give credit to mod makers, even if they name a project that seems impossible, if you can make it, I will play it! Unless it freezes often, then I will wait for the update. I am NOT a pro at modding, my ideas are here so maybee someone who does mod sees them, gets an idea, and it helped just a little
Hannah Barnard

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:11 am

General discussions of multiplayer for FO3 or future games belongs in http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=976152, although an mod project that plans to add multiplayer can certainly have its own thread in the modding forums - so I will be moving this thread.

Discussion of Fallout MMO belongs in http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=973050&st=0&start=0, and discussion of the recent legal actions belongs in http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=979579&st=0&start=0.

Please keep this thread restricted to masterfreek64's planned mod, or the Oblivion equivalent.
Dawn Porter

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:45 am

Haha!

Awesome! You guys made it! :celebration:

(in before storm of fake accusations, requests for impossible features and "how do I play FO3 online?!")
Isaac Saetern

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:22 am

I'm sorry, but I will say that even though working on it and not go #omgz maek mi a m0d wer 1 c4n plai fallolt3 unlain# is good. This will I'm my opinion fail considering that for it to fully work will be without other mods, and as said, it won't be fully synced with eachother. Then again, good job for trying and working on it!
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:07 am

Like Oblivion Online, I see this appealing to only a small group of people and will be unable to function properly due to: mods, patch versions, windows live, VATS and a few other elements.

I have no real interest to play this game as a multiplayer, the same I felt about Oblivion. When I want my sandbox multiplayer fix, I crank up Saints Row 2, who definitely did it right with their Campaign Multiplayer.

Best of luck.

text

So you're to blame for this threadomancy!
Leah

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Oh my gosh! FO3 Online would be sweet! Good luck guys!
Ymani Hood

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:16 am

#omgz maek mi a m0d wer 1 c4n plai fallolt3 unlain#

So you're to blame for this threadomancy!

Acolyte in desperate need of a new dictionary, please :sad:
edit: if this is a peek at what the post-inforation age has in store for us it'll be this:
non one can understand anyone else anymore, because it's all 'post-information'
Tracy Byworth

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:06 pm

I just wanted to chime in and say i wish this mod the best. I think multiplayer is great idea and i hope people learn to treat this subject just like any other mod.. without worry of flaming.

I look forward to your first release. can't wait to co-op with a friend and play catch with a fat man nuke! =D
Rowena

Next

Return to Fallout 3